• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Avatars Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Kip was walking around the corridors humming. He like to have a physical presence on the ship, was so much more interesting that just sitting back and watching everyone. Which was why he was going to do this. It had been his pet project for a few seconds, to develop a robotic avatar for him to be in, so he could experience actually being solid all the time, and to actually experience mortality, that would be a new, wonderful, experience. Mortality ... hadn't he recently experienced that some belief he was in danger ... nope. Nothing he could think of. Anyway he turned left into a storage room as he reviewed the schematics. Inbuilt HEX's and Shields? Why did I put them in? Do I need that much strength? Kip really couldn't remember why he'd put all this stuff. It looked like he was securing against some form of threat. Weird. He'd specially designed the brain, which rested in the chest behind a carbon-ring protective barrier, to be able to carry his formidable mind. He wouldn't have all of his assets, but he would have a good proportion of them. It had taken a lot of work and conferencing with Ephesus to develop that mind, it was quite possibly the most powerful bit of computer equipment at NovaCorp's disposal, in relation to its size.

Kip walked into the room and saw the body in the corner, resting as it should in its containment unit. It didn't look like a robot naturally, it looked like his preferred human form, covered as it was by high density synth-flesh, underneath that was a carbon-ring plating skin, and underneath that the extremely high efficiency smart material muscles, the best that NovaCorp had to offer, again developed by way of conference with Ephesus (Even Kip had to admit that it was Ephesus that really developed it), which would grant Kip his strength and speed. He still thought it looked excessive from where he was, but it was done now and he couldn't change it. The bones where made from Carbon-ring as well, and the torso had even heavier armour, protecting the central mind and several of the systems. The head possessed the sensors, and a perfect simulacrum of human facial expressions. All over the body where shield devices, a far more advanced version of the basic Veil device, and one or two ADN devices which they had purchased. Kip looked over the body approvingly and began the copy and download of set parts of himself into the avatar. To keep himself occupied he worked out an entire new planet, a species down to the genetic level, and predicted the entirety of their history. Naturally it ended with mutual annihilation, but it had taken several million years so Kip was quite pleased with the results. It had been an unusually stable race, but he supposed it was inevitable for a race to annihilate itself. Animatedly this had been more creative than most. The creation of black hole which would suck the planet in over the relative point of million of years due to time dilation was fantastic and brilliant.

By the time this had finished (around five seconds), the body was ready and activated. "Why hello Kip!" He said enthusiastically.

"Kip! It's great to see you."

"I know, being mortal is great."

"Really? You must tell me more about it."

The Kips walked off down the corridor, arms around each others shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back