Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

Awesome Quotes

"Are you testing me? A census taker once tested me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

-Hannibal Lector (Anthony Hopkins), Silence of the Lambs

"If life gives you potatoes, make potato salad."
"Yea, well what if life gives me a whole pile of shit? What am I supposed to make with THAT?"
"Shit salad?"
- Drowning Mona

*Writing in his die-ary* "Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if maybe, there really is something wrong with me." - Nny (Johnny) from the Johnny The Homocidal Maniac (JTHM) comics.

"If you actually believe your true intelligence is determined by some standardized system, well then you can't be THAT smart. The ability to quote memorized information is hardly worth such joy." - Wobbly Headed Bob (JTHM comics)

"I was researching Di Gi Charat for the holiday special (no, really) and the Wikipedia article on that referenced Megatokyo #51. I'd like to draw your attention to the upper-right panel, which is a humorous projection of what could happen if Rodney "Largo" Caston weren't around to keep Fred "Piro" Gallagher under control. Oh, wait."

--Matthew Skala, author of Bonobo Conspiracy.

You'd need to know about Megatokyo to get that one. :3

The whole thing about Megatokyo is, it's pretty much currently Piro's masturbatory fantasy more than anything.*

*And with only a smidgen of hyperbole!

Be careful FM, we don't want to be swarmed by angry Megatokyo fans.

>_>

<_<

"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved."

--Confucius

I'm unsure if cursing is allowed much OOC, but anway!

A Party-Van Haiku

"You fucking asshole!
Why should I post my haikus!?
Tits or GTFO my internets."

- 4chan, /B/, Anonymous

"The mind that I sway by, and the heart that I bear, shall never sag with doubt nor shake with fear"
- Gatsu, Berserk

"The point of life is not to lay neatly inside a wooden box, but to come flying in like a bat out of hell, screaming that it was one hell of a ride"
-Myself (adapted from an Anon version)

"All things considered, life is wonderful. It is death that is upsetting."
-Myself

In response so Flynt's last quote:

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."
-- Isaac Asimov

If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat. Life is a level of complexity that almost lies outside our vision; it is so far beyond anything we have any means of understanding that we just think of it as a different class of object, a different class of matter; 'life', something that had a mysterious essence about it, was God given, and that's the only explanation we had. The bombshell comes in 1859 when Darwin publishes 'On the Origin of Species'. It takes a long time before we really get to grips with this and begin to understand it, because not only does it seem incredible and thoroughly demeaning to us, but it's yet another shock to our system to discover that not only are we not the center of the Universe and we're not made of anything, but we started out as some kind of slime and got to where we are via being a monkey. It just doesn't read well.
-- As quoted in Richard Dawkins' Eulogy for Douglas Adams

"Dad, what's the blow-hole for?"
"I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World."

Peter and Chris Griffin Family Guy

"Walk softly... and carry a big gun."
-Brother Thule, Force Commander of the Blood Raven Chapter

"Right Click, for hot undead action."
-Necromancer, Undead Legions of the Fallen Prince Arthas

"Hold da' pin, troh' de' udda' paht'."
-Rokkit Boy, Ork of Gorgutz Waaagh

"I shot tha' the sherrif, the deputeh', and your weee doggeh' too!"
-Dwarven Rifleman, Rifleman Detachment of the Human Armies

"Life, is but a phase to an even greater one. All of it's trials and errors will result in pain and suffering. However, it is that suffering, that makes the time after life worth it."
-Some dumbass in a chatroom

"You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."
- Al Capone

"Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken."
-Anonymous

"Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'.
While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
" 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404."

-Anonymous

(I thought these two would be good for re-posting)

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
- Rich Cook

"When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off.""
- Stephen King

At twilight, nature is not without loveliness, though perhaps its chief use is to illustrate quotations from the poets.

Oscar Wilde

Ew. Oscar Wilde is more dry than Miles' vagina!

"If I die, mourn not for me, for my glory lives on forever."

-"Sarge" (Starship Troopers 2)

YES I'VE WATCHED IT

"All trespassers will be shot on sight. All survivors will then be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Have a nice day!"

(I think its a road sign or something but anyways, Starship Troopers 1 ftw. >.>)

"Protocol tells me to teleport you to the most dangerous part of the ship, so you can kill everything in it."
- Durandal, Marathon

RPG-D RPGfix
Back