• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Awesome Quotes

"I don't have a drinking problem, I drink, I get drunk, I fall down, No problem!"

Male Dwarf Character off World of Warcraft

-From Clerks II-

[Randal bursts into the office]
Randal: I made fun of "Lord of the Rings" so hard, it made some supergeek puke all over the counter. Where do we keep the mop and bucket so I can make Elias clean it up?

Dante: In the closet, with the rest of the cleaning products.

Randal: We have cleaning products?

Wild Wild West

"Shoot first, shoot second, shoot some more. If anyone's left, ask a question or two."

-President Ulysses S. Grant speaking to Jim West in the Oval Office-

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain, but who would want to watch Snow White and the Seven Samurai?"

"I think so, Brain, but isnt that what tube socks are made for?"

"I think so, Brain, but why would anyone want to Pierce Brosnan?"

"So what do we do tonight, Brain?"
"The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world!"

::: Pinky and the Brain

...it pwns your soul.

"...Ice Cream Sank? A sea monster ate my ice cream? A sea monster ate me Ice cream! *bawls* A sea monster ate me ice cream!! A SEA MONSTER ATE MY ICE CREAMM!!!" (You get the drill)
-- Scrooge Mc.Duck, Ducktales.

He's probably refering to Loch Ness or similar.

"Whaddya mean you're surprised I'm a talking sword? I'm surprised you're a talking lizard!"

-Lilarcor, from Morrowind

Zim: What *is* our mission, GIR?
Gir: Blend in with the indigenous life, analyze their weaknesses, prepare the planet for the coming madness, yay!

-Invader Zim.

"Deep-seated preferences cannot be argued about — you cannot argue a man into liking a glass of beer — and therefore, when differences are sufficiently far reaching, we try to kill the other man rather than let him have his way. But that is perfectly consistent with admitting that, so far as appears, his grounds are just as good as ours."

— Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr., "Natural Law," 1921

D-D-D-D-D-DOUBLE POSTAGE

"He must be a poor creature that does not often repeat himself. Imagine the author of the excellent piece of advice, 'Know thyself,' never alluding to that sentiment again during the course of a protracted existence! Why, the truths a man carries about with him are his tools; and do you think a carpenter is bound to use the same plane but once to smooth a knotty board with, or to hang up his hammer after it has driven its first nail? I shall never repeat a conversation, but an idea often. I shall use the same types when I like, but not commonly the same stereotypes. A thought is often original, though you have uttered it a hundred times. It has come to you over a new route, by a new and express train of associations."

— Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr., The Autocrat at the Breakfast Table (1858)

(Nekos never cease to amaze me, haha, in a fairly desperate sitiation wit enemy forces surrounding them, looking for a chance to kill 'em all, and they bout to get down in the shower.) - Derran Tyler, during a Sakura JP

"I'm gonna' put youh' 'ead on my pointeh' stick I am, now that there's an honor it is!" -Gorgutz, Warboss of Gorgutz Wagggh!

America should have minded her own business and stayed out of the World War. If you hadn't entered the war the Allies would have made peace with Germany in the Spring of 1917. Had we made peace then there would have been no collapse in Russia followed by Communism, no breakdown in Italy followed by Fascism, and Germany would not have signed the Versailles Treaty, which has enthroned Nazism in Germany. If America had stayed out of the war, all these 'isms' wouldn't today be sweeping the continent of Europe and breaking down parliamentary government — and if England had made peace early in 1917, it would have saved over one million British, French, American, and other lives.

- Churchill.

"Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why, why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something, for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is, do you even know? Is it freedom, or truth, perhaps peace, could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose! And all of them as artificial as the matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it Mr. Anderson, you must know it by now. You can't win, it's pointless to keep fighting! Why, Mr. Anderson, why? Why do you persist?" -Agent Smith
"Guardian spirit my foot, she's just with me for the sex!" -Deriek

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…