Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

Awesome Quotes

Drill Sergent: "GUMP!!!! What's your sole purpose in the Army?"

Forrest Gump: "To do whatever you tell me, drill sergeant!"

Drill Sergent: "God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamn gifted, Private Gump."

<plexiglass> what do u mean? I wasnt even here when they tried to takeover the chan
<haplo> Why can't you just admit that you asked them to take it over!?
<plexiglass> Sheez.. didnt expect the spanish inquisition..
* SpanInqui ([email protected]) has joined #commonsense
<SpanInqui> NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!

ahhh, IRC quote rom bash.org

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." - Wash, Firefly/Serenity *sniffle*

Mal "You told me entry couplings would hold for another week!!!"
Kaylee "That was six months ago, Cap'n" - Firefly

But I being poor, have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet, tread softly because you tread on my dreams- W.B. Yeats

[02] <Draco_Platina> If I have caused you to question what you know, I have done my job.
[02] <Draco_Platina> If I have caused you to question my sanity, I have also done my job.

"What does a scanner see? Into the head? Down into the heart? Does it see into me, into us? Clearly or Darkly? I hope it sees clearly, because I can't any longer see into myself. I see only murk. I hope for everyone's sake the scanners do better. Because if the scanner sees only darkly, the way I do... then I'm cursed.... and cursed again. And only we'll only wind up dead this way, knowing very little and getting that little fragment wrong too." -Bob Arctor

"We want happy paintings. Happy paintings. If you want sad things, watch the news."

-Bob Ross

"I am sorry for making you attack with such a machine." -- Oliver May

"Its okay, there were no mobile suits where we were training either. But because it is the machine my life is counting on, I belive in the Oggo and regard it as the most precious machine in the world." -- Erwin Cadillac

Gundam MS Igloo

Reese Bobby: [walks into the classroom] Excuse me, darling. I'm Reese Bobby. I'm here for career day with my son, Ricky.
10-year-old Ricky: Dad!
Reese Bobby: Hey there, boy! Man, you got big. How long's it been? Three, four months?
10-year-old Ricky: Ten years.
Reese Bobby: Ten years? Man, I gotta lay off the peyote.
[puts a cigarette in his mouth]
Schoolteacher: Mr. Bobby, there's no smoking in here.
Reese Bobby: Oh, it's all right, darling, I'm a volunteer fireman. Okay, I am a semi-professional racecar driver and an amateur tattoo artist.
Classmates: OOO0HHHH!
Reese Bobby: And the first thing you gotta learn if you're gonna be a racecar driver, is that you don't listen to losers like your know-it-all teacher here.
Schoolteacher: Okay, I think that's enough.
Reese Bobby: Your teacher wants you to go slow, and she's wrong because it's the fastest who get paid and it's the fastest who get laid.
Classmates: [they all cheer]
-Talladega Nights

To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket — safe, dark, motionless, airless — it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy, or at least to the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell.

C.S. Lewis

RPG-D RPGfix
Back