• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Awesome Quotes

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Douglas Adams

He who fights with monsters might take care
lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for to long
into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you
Friedrich Nietzsche

"It is better, i think, to grab at the stars than to sit flustered because you know you cannot reach them. At least he who reaches will get a good stretch, a good view and perphaps even a low hanging apple for his trouble."
Montolio 'Mooshie' Debrouchee- Sojourn

I fancy that most people who think at all have done a great deal of their thinking in the first fourteen years.

Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness.

Love may forgive all infirmities and love still in spite of them: but Love cannot cease to will their removal.

Friendship arises out of mere companionship when two or more of the companions discover that they have in common some insight or interest or even taste which the others do not share and which, till that moment, each believed to be his own unique treasure (or burden). The typical expression of opening Friendship would be something like, "What? You too? I thought I was the only one.

-

All C.S. Lewis.

Ed: [about Domino] You and I walk down the street, what do people see? A couple of losers, right? We add her to the equation you know what people are gonna think?
Choco: What?
Ed: There goes two of the coolest motherfuckers who ever lived. Hmm?
Choco: You know what? I don't know about you, man, but I'm already a cool mother`fucker, you know?
-Domino

"Shall we go? The butts of evil await my bootprint!"
-- Minsc, Baldur's Gate

^_^

*while Justicar is massaging her back* "Oh!oh yeah! yeah! harder! Harder!!!" -Escalla the faerie princess (Descent into the Depths of the Earth)

"Oh, Enid is soooo going to know what we've just done" - Justicar (Queen of the Demonweb Pits)

Even when near death, soldiers are not dogs. --- Oliver May

Does that matter? If they are dead, then they are not better than dogs! --- Monique Cadillac

"I HAVE SURPASSED TEH FRED! HE SHALL BOW BEFORE ME, FO' I HAVE BECOME NO. 3!"

-- Doshii, drunk on victory

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike – as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave . . . like this.

Can your associates arrange this for me, Mr. Morden?" -Vir

"OGRYNS! DIS WAY!"- Ogryn on Complex Strategies and Movement.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade

During JP

Razeal Kresh (1/22/2007 11:08:08 AM): (we do have guns, right? god please tell me we have guns..)
neinman3 (1/22/2007 11:08:25 AM): (of course we do)
Moonman (1/22/2007 11:08:35 AM): (we're Nepleslians. we were born with guns in our hands)

"A samurai once asked Zen Master Hakuin where he would go after he died. Hakuin answered 'How am I supposed to know?'

'How do you know? You're a Zen master!' exclaimed the samurai.

'Yes, but not a dead one,' Hakuin answered." ~Zen mondo

Durin' JP

Kokuten: (Jack: We gun go prostitutize elysia, whos with meh?)
Omega: (Me!)
Mola: (ME!)
Fian: (Me!)
Tyler: (....*turns blind eye8)
Tyler: (haha)
Fian: (Screw an angel today!)

I thought it was funny.

# My girlfriend always laughs during sex --no matter what she's reading.
Steve Jobs (Founder, Apple Computers)

# Don't knock masturbation — it's sex with someone I love.
Woody Allen

# Lord, grant me chastity and continence... but not yet.
St. Augustine

# I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy.
Tom Clancy

# You know "that look" women get when they want sex? Me neither.
Steve Martin

# Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.
Woody Allen

# Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night.
Rodney Dangerfield

# There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL.
Lynn Lavner

# Sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope.
George Burns

# Sex is one of the nine reasons for reincarnation. The other eight are unimportant.
George Burns

# Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake whole relationships
Sharon Stone

# My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch.
Jack Nicholson

# Ah, yes, divorce, from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet.
Robin Williams

# Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as the only time of the month that I can be myself.
Roseanne

# Women need a reason to have sex Men just need a place.
Billy Crystal

# According to a new survey, women say they feel more comfortable undressing in front of men than they do undressing in front of other women. They say that women are too judgmental, where, of course, men are just grateful.
Robert De Niro

# There's a new medical crisis. Doctors are reporting that many men are having allergic reactions to latex condoms. They say they cause severe swelling. So what's the problem?
Dustin Hoffman

# There's very little advice in men's magazines, because men think, I know what I'm doing. Just show me somebody naked.
Jerry Seinfeld

# Sex alleviates tension. Love causes it.
Woody Allen

# See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.
Robin Williams

# My family never raised me to have a vagina.
Roseanne

# An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.
Aldous Huxley

# Did you ever notice the people who are most adamantly against abortions are people you wouldn't want to fuck in the first place?
George Carlin

# Of the delights of this world man cares most for sexual intercourse, yet he has left it out of his heaven.
Mark Twain

# One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
Jane Austen

# Sex concentrates on what is on the outside of the individual. It's funny because I think it's better inside.
Alex Walsh

# When a man goes on a date, he wonders if he is going to get lucky. A woman already knows.
Frederike Ryder
[/list]

* A cat may look at a king.
o Possible interpretation: If a cat may look at the king - then I have a right to look where I please.

* A chain is no stronger than its weakest link.
o Possible interpretation: The strength of any group depends on the individual strength of each of its members.

* A closed mouth catches no flies.
o Meaning: It is often safer to keep one's mouth shut.

* A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once.
o From William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar
o Possible interpretation: A coward constantly and fearfully imagines his own demise, while the valiant give no thought to how they might be harmed. Also: Worrying about a forthcoming disaster may cause as much (or even more) pain as the disaster when it occurs (but does neither change it nor make it easier).

"A person belonging to one of more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment--just as long as it is a flag."

- Principia Discordia, page 46.

"There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

-Airplane

There is nothing holy about war... Well except the fact that more than three quarters of the time holy means "bloody stupid" and more than three quarters of the tame war is "bloody stupid". ~~~ Cy-72's little book of wisdom

Who am I? I am me. ~~~ Some freak on IRC

I'm always flamboyent... Except when I'm not ~~~ Me

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…