Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

Awesome Quotes

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right.

H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

-Theodore Roosevelt, "Citizen in a Republic", April 23, 1910

and now a bit of romanticism,

"You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her."
-Anon.

"If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were."
-Anon.

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
-Anon.

and now one by me, after my second relation ship fell through...

Love, such a double edged sword, one moment it is tender, the other it is sore, It needs no invitation, your heart opens the door, your mind becomes belittled, your body ever bored, when once you had a love, and now its never more...

-Jasen Aebischer

"The perfect church service would be the one we were almost unaware of; our attention would have been on God. But every novelty prevents this. It fixes our attention on the service itself; and thinking about worship is a different thing than worshipping ... 'Tis mad idolatry that makes the service greater than the god."

"There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference towards it, I have now surpassed.

My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis. My punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing."

-American Psycho

Be thankful you're healthy.
Be bitter you're not going to stay that way.
Be glad you're alive.
Be furious you're going to die.
Things could be worse.
Things could be a whole lot better.

-Catch22

"As people do better; they start voting like Republicans - unless they have too much education and vote Democratic, which proves there can be too much of a good thing."

- Karl Rove

"A thief is sorry he is to be hanged, not that he is a thief."
Anon

"Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for."
Dag Hammarskjold

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
Henry David Thoreau

"Don't let us make imaginary evils, when you know we have so many real ones to encounter."
Oliver Goldsmith

"Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another."
Ambrose Bierce

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine...
- From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

"The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
- from a post-war debriefing of a German General

B)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back