• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Awesome Quotes

Lois - "Oh my god! He walked right over the edge!"
Peter - "Of course he did Lois. Christians dont believe in gravity!"

- from Family Guy

French Soldier: I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

King Arthur: Old woman.
Dennis: Man.
King Arthur: Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
Dennis: I'm 37.
King Arthur: What?
Dennis: I'm 37. I'm not old.
King Arthur: Well I can't just call you "man".
Dennis: Well you could say "Dennis".
King Arthur: I didn't know you were called Dennis.
Dennis: Well you didn't bother to find out did you?
King Arthur: I did say sorry about the "old woman", but from behind you looked...
Dennis: What I object to is you automatically treat me like an inferior.
King Arthur: Well I am king.
Dennis: Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.

King Arthur: I am your king.
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays... ]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Dennis: Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Dennis: Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

[later when Arthur attacks him]
Dennis: Come see the violence inherent in the system. Help, help, I'm being repressed

[Holding the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch]
King Arthur: How does it... um... how does it work?
Sir Lancelot: I know not, my liege.
King Arthur: Consult the Book of Armaments.
Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one.
Cleric: [reading] And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu...
Brother Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother...
Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Brother Maynard: Amen.
All: Amen.
King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.
Galahad: Three, sir.
King Arthur: Three.

-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Only they could attack the old testement, monarchy and french people within the spoace of an hour.

"My Mama used to tell me if you can't find somethin to live for, you best find somethin to die for"

"A coward dies a thousand deaths; A soldier dies but once."

"America, America, America, I charge you with the crime of rape, murder, and assault."

"Imperfection is inherited, therefore we all sin, but fighting the war of sin is the greatest war of all because we all die in the end no matter how hard we fight."

"They claim that I'm violent just cuz I refuse to be silent."

"If you walked by a street and you was walking a concrete and you saw a rose growing from concrete, even if it had messed up petals and it was a little to the side you would marvel at just seeing a rose grow through concrete. So way is it that when you see some ghetto kid grow out of the dirtiest circumstance and he can talk and he can sit across the room and make you cry, make you laugh, all you can talk about is my dirty rose, my dirty stems and how am leaning crooked to the side, you can't even see that I've come up from out of that"

"If you know in this hotel room they have food every day and I knock on the door. Every day they open tha door to let me see tha party, let me see that they throwin' salami, throwin' food around telling me there's no food. Every day. I'm standing outside tryin to sing my way in- "We are weak, please let us in. We're week, please let us in." After about a week tha song is gonna change to, "We're hungry, we need some food." After two, three weeks it's like "Give me some of tha food! I'm breakin down tha door." After a year it's like, "I'm pickin' the lock, comin' through the door blastin." It's like, "I'm hungry." You reached your level, you don't want any more. We asked ten years ago, we were askin' with the Panthers, we were askin' in the Civil Rights Movement. Now those who were askin' are all dead or in jail, wo what are we gonna do? And we shouldn't be angry!?"

-Tupac Shakur

Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields throughout history, I wait for dawn.

- Picard

God has a ****-** on for Marines, because we kill everything we see. He plays His games, we play ours. To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls. God was here before the Marine Corps, so you can give your heart to Jesus, but your *** belongs to the corps.

- Drill Sergeant Heartman

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

And did they get you trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees? Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change? And did you exchange
a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl,
year after year,
running over the same old ground. What have we found?
The same old fears,
wish you were here.

-Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
(written by Roger Waters and David Gilmour)

"To love and win, is the best thing."
"To love and lose... Is the next best."

-William M. Thackery. 19th century English writer.

"His eyes told Spade that, his philosophy of life, why he acted the way he did. Life was to be lived, enjoyed, and loved. 'Dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die today' was his favorite motto."

-Luce the red dragon, Burning Skies Rp - Luce owned by Korum

"You can't always be happy, though. Without sadness, there is no happy. So, you can be sad sometimes, but you can't stay sad. No matter what happens, you must be happy afterward. No sad faces for too long."

-again Luce

"would a flock of cows fly like a flock of birds, or walk like a herd of cows? Or neither cuz each word cancels the other out so they would just end up standing there and die cuz they would eat all the grass around them?"

Final thought from Luce

Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant like having a peeing section in a swimming pool?

"The United States is in no sense founded upon the Christian doctrine." - George Washington

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church." - Thomas Paine

"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature." - Thomas Jefferson

"The Bible is not my book, and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma." - Abraham Lincoln

"I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." - George Bush Sr.

Harry Lime: Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly.

-The Third Man

Moore: "Children without adequate education are ten percent more likely to appear in one of my films."
Brockman: "Where did you get that statistic?"
Moore: "Your MOTHER!"

- The Simpsons with Michael Moore as a guest voice

"We're not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in."

-Grey Fox, Metal Gear: Ghost Babel

I just have the strangest feeling that, at some point, someone in this game is going to appropriate that quote for their own use.

And now, some quotes from Rambo: First Blood, which I just saw:

Trautman: Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

Teasle: Are you telling me that 200 of our men against your boy is a no-win situation for us?
Trautman: You send that many, don't forget one thing.
Teasle: What?
Trautman: A good supply of body bags.

Teasle: They found Rambo's body. As a matter of fact, it stole an army truck. Blew up a gas station the other side of town.
Trautman: The kid is resiliant.

Man, apart from the psychopathic delusions, Rambo was so awesome.

Some people are hard to get. Others are easy. Some people like to be got and stay got. Some people would rather do the getting and avoid getting got. Some people get one person and stick to them forever. Some people want to get as many as they can while the getting's good. Some people are very picky about who to get and by whom to be got. Some are not. They just take what they can get. Some people just don't get people. Some people read books and attend seminars on how to get people. Some people only get their own gender. Some people only get the opposite gender. Some get both and are kee-razy sex rebels. Some people are not happy with what they got. So they try and go get something else. Some are rendered gotten and rebel against their getter by getting ungot and getting someone else to be their own gotten which really is just a way to get back at the person who got them in the first place. Some people get tired of getting each other and get away from it all. Some people think there's more to life than getting each other and are hard at work trying to get whatever it is they're trying to get instead. And some people have realized that people and things and basically everything in life is fundamentally ungettable so there's no reason to try so hard at getting them. Get it?

Architecture is the art of how to waste space.
Philip Johnson

The trouble with America is that there are far too many wide-open spaces surrounded by teeth.
Charles Luckman

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager."
William S. Burroughs

CNN is one of the participants in the war. I have a fantasy where Ted Turner is elected president but refuses because he doesn't want to give up power.
Arthur C. Clarke

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
Jules de Gaultier

Parents were invented to make children happy by giving them something to ignore.
Ogden Nash

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.
George Bush (not another one of those stupid quotes, think about it)

"Beneith this mask, there's more then flesh. There's an idea, and Ideas Mr. Kreedly are bulletproof." - V

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…