• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Awesome Quotes

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
-Brook Shields

"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the President."
-Hillary Clinton

"That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it."
-A democratic congressional candidate in Texas

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
-Al Gore, Vice President (democrat, in case you didn't know...)

"We are ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
-Same genius from the last quote

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
-Bill Clinton, former President

"Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas."
-Keppel Enderbery

"The word 'genius' isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

"I've been running so fast in circles, I think I may collide with myself."

-ME

Looking good and dressing well are necessary. Having a purpose in life is not.

- Oscar Wilde

I know a bloke who has that on a T-shirt.

All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.

-not a clue!

"I stand corrected."

"No, you lie bleeding."

-friendly hostility, 23/05/05

Long experiance has taught me that in England nobody goes to the theatre unless he or she has bronchitis - James Agate

The theatre is the devil's own territory. - Edward Allyn.

Opening night is the night before the play is ready to open. - George J. Nathan.

Convicted Criminal:
As God is my judge - I am innocent.
Judge Norman Birkett:
He isn't; I am, and you're not!

Male heckler:
Are you a lesbian?
Florence Kennedy:
Are you my alternative?

Anyone can be a cartoonist! It's so simple even a child can do it! - Robert Crumb

Comic strip artists do not make good husbands. - Bub Fisher.

Bub Fisher says comic strip artists do not make good husbands. And God knows they do not make good comic strips. - Don Herold.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Excerpt from the notebooks of Lazarus Long, from Robert Heinlein's "Time Enough for Love"

Monica: "Maybe you SHOULD be afraid. Maybe I'll be the one who turns this all into a glass PARKING LOT!"

Tepoztecal: "Sweetie, you're wiser and smarter than I'll ever be. I trust you."

- Paul Taylor, "Wapsi Square"

Keep reality secret, normal peopel cant handle it.

The best trusted friend is yourself

Any food may be poison

Strength at arms and wariness are survival

The traditional is best

"There are no atheists in foxholes" isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes. - James Morrow

"It is an interesting and demonstrable fact, that all children are atheists and were religion not inculcated into their minds, they would remain so" - Ernestine Rose

"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites." - Thomas Jefferson

Zoe - "Back in the war, we never would have left a man stranded."
Mal - "Maybe thats why we lost."
"Shepherd always used to say if you cant do summat smart, do summat right."
Jayne Cobb
Kaylee - "Been more'n a year since Ive had anything twixt my nethers what wasnt powered by batteries"
Mal - "I dont need to know that..."
Jayne - "I could stand to hear a little more..."

Behold the awesomeness of Serenity.

"There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as The Dark Ages." - Ruth Hurmence Green

"Christ died for our sins. Dare we make his martyrdom meaningless by not committing them?" - Jules Feiffer

"We are all atheists, some of us just believe in fewer gods than others. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov

"Faith is the antithesis of proof." - NY State Supreme Court Justice Edward J. Greenfield

"The advice of elders to young men is very apt to be as unreal as
a list of the hundred best books." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes (Sauce)

"Since when have we Americans been expected to bow submissively to authority and speak with awe and reverence to those who represent us?" -- William O. Douglas (Sauce as above)

"Those who won our independence by revolution were not cowards. They did not fear political change. They did not exalt order at the cost of liberty." -- Louis Brandeis (Wiki sauce)

And my personal favorite ...

"Fuck the draft." -- Paul Robert Cohen.

"Life's not about fair." -- Once a Hero, Elizabeth Moon

"Some people are stupid. We don't regulate stupidity. You protect it, and it breeds." -- Adiamante, L.E. Modesitt

YEEEE! Youve read Once A Hero! Elizabeth Moon is great (my favorite work by her being Legacy of Gird...)

"Its terribly tragic, hes turned into a sixteen year old boy. You'll have to kill him, of course."
- Giles (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…