• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: Bahram Wing [Bahram Wing Side Story] The Parolovian Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokuten

The Pixel Knight
Inactive Member
On>
Fort Jariaz, Mazerin
Upper Lounge
Yetsava 14th, 935
26:27 Commonwealth Standard Time

Zus entered the lounge, which had emptied after Shokhi's announcement, regardless of Serhan's interjection. "I'm sorry about your horns, Vaytulri, I was in a hurry and didn't notice i had kicked one. The chip isn't too bad is it?" she asked, looking at the man as he entered the room, as well. Mu'Tasim grumbled, rubbing where his horn had been chipped. It was obvious that he wasn't exactly pleased, chipping a horn for an Iroma is like chipping a tooth for Human, only worse.

"It's... fine... I should be able scuff it out, somehow." The Acolyte Guardian did not sound to fine with it, though.

"Well, let me find a file or something" the Vayshirin said, walking to the interconnected kitchen, and asking for one. She quickly procured one from one of the cooks, and returned "well, would this work? it's a polishing file, but it should get the job done."

Mu'Tasim arched a brow a Zus, not exactly approving of the file.

"I don't use those very much, could you get it for me?" He pointed to one of his horns.

"Ah- I suppose. It shouldn't be that difficult considering our heights," she said, advancing upon the guard in a way that could be misconstrued as menacing.

Mu'Tasim stepped back a little bit, a little wary of Zus' approach.

"Oh, it isn't that bad" she said, thinking he was fearful of the file. In any case, she hurried her approach, making contact with the chipped horn, rather roughly. It wasn't on purpose of course, but that didn't matter.

"Argh! Careful, please! My horns are longer than normal horns, so they're very sensitive." Mu'Tasim explained through an aggravated grunt. Zus backed the file off a little, suprised.

"Sorry, sir. This file isn't exactly ideal for your horns." she said going back to work. She quickly flied down the sharp edges, making it appear like a smooth dip in the surface. A sharp burning sensation flew down Mu'Tasim's spine as Zus haphazardly sharpened his horns.

"Argh! Dammit!" He gripped Zus' wrist and pulled her away from his head, placing a hand on his head to try and still the throbbing pain. Zus dropped the file as the Temple Guard roughly moved her, with a small cry she tried to fight her way out of Mu'tasim's arm, but his grip was still rather tight.

"I'm sorry," Mu'Tasim held one of his horns with a hand, keeping a firm grip on her other hand.

"It's... Alright" she said, blushing a little.

"Have you done this before?" he asked her, hand still holding the horn.

"Actually... No. I've only done my own horns, I didn't realize how much it would hurt you. I figured it shouldn't be difficult." the girl admitted, her blush deepening with embarassment. The hand restraining Zus' wrist loosened it's grip and rested itself on her shoulder.

"It's fine, really, Bahbi did not learn how to forge on the first try." He grinned weakly to her.

"Of course. it's good practice to do things we do not yet know of, for the purposes of science and learning." Zus said, grinning back to him.

"Really now? I would have never figured you'd have such a Parolovian approach to things." Mu'Tasims replied with interest.

"I love the Paralovian Approach, Vaytulri." Zus said, leaning forward slightly and giving Mu'tasim a quick peck on the cheek. Mu'Tasim was caught off guard by the kiss on his cheek. He tilted his head a little bit in confusion, but nonetheless a small smile creeped up his face. The file she had dropped was still on the floor, and he picked it up.

"Now, are we talking about this?" He held up the file, and then returned the small kiss on her cheek. "Or that?"

"Depends. Which did you enjoy more?" Zus said, blushing a bit.

"Well, I'm not a masochist, so I'd have to say the kiss." Mu Tasim chuckled, finding her blushing adorable.

"Then I suppose I was speaking of the kiss." she teased her blush deepening. She backed away, but beckoned the darker-skinned man to follow with a slender finger. Mu'Tasim tilted his head, not exactly sure what she was up to.

"Now what would that have to do with science?" He chuckled.

"Who said I was still on science? perhaps I wish to move on to more ethereal studies?" Zus laughed, smiling once more.

"Well!" Mu'Tasim followed into her direction, interested in her behavior and perhaps her intelligence as well, "Study away, I'll try my best to assist in your 'research'."

"Great! I'll need your Book of Dreams," She beamed, "I hope you can keep up with the speed I read at." She said, sticking her tongue out at Mu'tasim. He crossed his arms and looked her up and down, a bit of a curiosity in his eyes.

"Are you going to be kissing the pages too? Because I'm going to need this for later." He laughed. Zus took the book and opened it.

"Of course not. I'm going to read it, silly. You sure are slow for a Temple Guard, geesh..." she said, playfully blowing a raspberry at him. He smirked.

"Well, then, what are you looking for specifically, or are you going to be staring at Ahni's naked form?" Mu'Tasim chuckled, pointing to a picture of the bare-skinned Saint on the book.

"Not at all, Dream Steward. I was actually going to read it. Do you have any favorite passages you could share with me?" Zus laughed. Mu'Tasim scratched his beard a little bit.

"Well, most of what I like are stories of the Saints, the rest of it is just mainly about the Saali, dream interpretations, and meditations. There are sixteen of the saint stories, but I like them all equally." He shrugged. She looked at the Guardian searching him for something, anything.

"How about we start from the beginning, then? Which is the first Saint to show up in the book?" She asked. Mu'Tasim raised his finger and spoke in a rather educated manner.

"Fanir the Fast, the Young, the Reckless. His story is a tragedy, but it is very well-written." He was proud of properly remembering Fanir's position in the book. With that, Zus proceeded to read the story of Fanir, learning of his recklessness, and he came by of killing his father. Mu'Tasim politely waited, slipping into a Ruh Meditation. At the end, she closed the book with a huff.

"Damn that Sankhur. What that man did was underhanded..." Zus spat, anger in her voice. She the noticed Mu'Tasim's confusion. "Oh- sorry, Old memories. Fanir sorta reminds me of myself, in a way, my Training ended similarly."

"What happened?" He asked, tilting his head. Zus shook her head, hiding her face.

"It was... an excercise. We thought our Instructor had defected, and one of my teammates attacked her before we could talk to her, so we had no choice but to defend. I... I made the killing blow... Do you know what that does to your mind? Killing for the first time? it was hell.. then that.. that bastard came out and told us it was a simulation. He thought it was funny." She chuckled bringing her head back up. "But I bet he didn't find my fist too funny."

"I was fifteen I killed my first person." Mu'Tasim admited with almost a murmur. Zus looked at the Temple Guard, a little taken aback.

"Fif-fifteen? That is much too young an age for anyone to feel such pain." She told him, he looked back up at her.

"I was a ripe young boy, but I was protecting my Gualmyan, just like you were protecting your comerades." He placed a hand on her shoulder, she could feel a pang of sympathy, and a little care through his touch. "Jafar teaches us, to defend what we cherish most. I cherished Famasir, my gualmyan. In my caravan he was the closest thing I had as a childhood friend. Everyone else were either adults or toddlers." Mu'tasim shook his head, he thought he was getting off subject. Zus reached her hand up to touch Mu'Tasim's palm.

"But you have to live with it. I didn't actually kill anyone. Now all I have is anger at that foul commander, which cannot be any better." She looked up at the man, smiling at him. "Iromakuanhe should not have to feel that kind of pain, no? I can understand some of what You and Famasir went through, but my knowledge is limited, tainted."

Mu'Tasim gripped her hand.

"I wasn't actually pained, just scared. It was the first time I felt like I was going to lose something." His eyes glowed lightly, he then focused on her, "Zus, in cases like these, you should never feel pained by the life you take, only by the life you cannot save. That bandit could've killed Famasir if I had not have done something, but I didn't let him."

Zus squeezed his hand back, a halfhearted smile on her face.

"I suppose, but when you think you just killed an instructor, a person you looked up to, Pain is more prevalent in your mind. At least, it was for me." She admited with a little dismay. Mu'Tasim smiled at her, placing his other hand behind her head and bringing forward. He blessed her with a kiss on her forehead.

"You acted quickly, and you acted bravely. The Saints, most of all Fanir, would be very proud of you, despite what you may think." He whispered to her. This made Zus blushe again, and she drew back a little.

"Thank you, Dream steward." she said, smiling at him. "Do you know where I may get a copy of the Book of Dreams, so as to read it for myself?"

"Yes, as the current Shrine Keeper, I can order copies of the Book of Dreams to be sent here for reference. I can get one specifically for you, if you'd like." He said, smiling warmly again,

"That would be lovely, Sir" she said, smiling, then handing the Book of Dreams back to it's owner. Mu'Tasim grabbed the book and nodded to her. Though, for a second, he seemed to get uncomfortable.

"Er... I'm not usually go-..." Mu'Tasimed stopped himself, coughing into a fist. "Nevermind."

"what's the problem?" Zus looked at the man, confused. Mu'Tasim waved it off, starting to turn red.

"Nothing! Nothing, was just wondering if you-... Well." He was having trouble finding the words.

"Well what? You sure do seem to beat around the bush sometimes." Zus mentioned, putting her hands on her waist. Mu'Tasim smiles warmly, able to speak now.

"Well, you mind finding somewhere less... military... To talk, of course... Next time?" He asked innocently, Zug giggled at his shyness and turned away from him for a moment.

"Next time? Of course! I'm sure you would be more comfortable in the shrine. Besides, I still have to drop off that bottle of wine Serhan gave me." She said, then suddenly, she turned back to Mu'tasim, giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Deravni, Vaytulri. Touch divine, until next we meet." she said, bowing lightly, a blush on her cheeks, before exiting the lounge.

END>
Fort Jariaz, Mazerin
Upper Lounge
Yetsava 14th, 935
26:56 Commonwealth Standard Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back