• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Interest Check Basic training roleplay

• Thread starter Deleted member 5981
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5981

Due to the interest in an idea I brought up after the last community meeting. Ethereal had the candidate training thread and the high up training threads already made. We are currently waiting on if Wes wants to head the basic training as a spin off of his recruitment Roleplay or if Ethereal will be making the basic training wiki and heading the rp like the other two.

Pending management Demibear has volunteered as an instructor or possible co DM for the plot line.

Basic run down

Rp over a 3 month ic time covering the topics/phases outlined here https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:training:training_courses

Since a lot of the experienced players and notable families make younglings https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=species:nekovalkyrja:nh-33y who already have a lot of the knowledge and experience of their mother they are a shoe in to be candidates. Due to this fact they may be considered exempt from the scoring so long as they put the effort forward.

Other trainees have the ability to become cadet candidates and move on to the next level (next plot).

This is not saying that notable families are guaranteed to move up to higher positions only that younglings already have the training required to be one if not a higher position. Now if the character is played off as a slacker and fails the tests ect they are not guaranteed a candidate spot characters must still work hard and prove themselves no matter their background.

A few things we would consider or are looking for.
3 instructor characters to work together teaching and supervising trainees threw the 3 phases.

About 6 players characters to go threw training
Subcategories considered
Ojousama
Slacker
Intellectual Over achiever
Jock/ athletic over achiever
Coldblooded
Most other character types

This roleplay would include time spent "off duty". From cafeteria to random grounds interactions to holiday celebrations if held during the occasion.

Looking to have this as a 3 times a rp year plot. Characters and instructors can and will change from one to the next number of students can also vary.

@Wes @Ethereal @demibear

The successors to the basic training plots

Ethereal replied to the thread: [Yamatai] Mayame OTC (https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/posts/418680/)

Ethereal replied to the thread: Want to play an Admiral? A General? (https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/posts/418679/)

Prequel (possibably)

Having a basic training plot would be a great boost for players where they can develop their characters in a safe training environment, form friendships with other trainees, and get a feel of the setting and what their character's abilities are (e.g. neko powers).

IRL lots of soldiers tell funny stories from basic training. For some it's the most intense part of their careers! Now our characters can, too, and they'd be actual RP stuff.

Basically it's a winning plot idea, and has been successful before, we just have been needing a GM for it.

I really enjoyed running Fort Hajime. Here are what i could find of the RP threads- to both give you inspo and so you could possibly see how it fizzled and avoid it:

Theres also the old Fort Ready in both plot and location that can be used as a resourse. It was a big thing when i started here. Is also coincidentally located on Nataria which has seen some recent action and could prob be re-activated in response~

Theres also the old Fort Ready in both plot and location that can be used as a resourse. It was a big thing when i started here. Is also coincidentally located on Nataria which has seen some recent action and could prob be re-activated in response~
I'd honestly love to see some roleplay staff member run a Fort Ready metaplot or a Fort Minori metaplot where anybody, from new players to old characters in need of something to do, can drop by for some Star Army interaction whether it be training or shootin' the breeze with drill sergeants.

I'm just posting here to confirm that I'm standing by to GM this plot if Wes doesn't wish to take it on personally. I've been angling to try out a training plot (evidently, given the two other interest checks) and it seems like this is by far the most popular version of one. I can start wiki work and planning as soon as I hear back.

I will create a new character soon for this plot @Ethereal looking forward to RP with you! Knowing Demibear from the G75 plot, he would be an awesome addition to the training staff of the plot :D

I was hoping @demibear would take it on like he talked some about in chat the other night. It’s really important to have the NPC training staff be able to give new player characters accurate instruction about the Star Army, so maybe he’ll still help out with some characters who do the actual hands-on training.
Oh i understand that was your intention but seeing as this plot was planned several days prior to you bringing it up and we were only waiting to see if Ethereal or Wes would be leading it I offered Demibear the spot of Co Gm to the plot. This is the first of 3 training type plots each one a different level of difficulty and rank. I took into consideration Demibears interest in the plot and even asked Ame if she would like to help with the Dm process as well but she declined. Ethereal has been with Sarp for several years and I took the liberty of looking into things he has submitted in the bast to see if he fit the idea i had for this plot. I am waiting on a reply from Demibear to see if he would like to Co dm the plot or not because of his interest but was avoiding announcing it because I did not want to pressure his decision in any way. Also as much as I like the offers for where the plot will take place Ethereal and I already had a plan due to it being in close correlation with the recruitment plot. I find it awesome that places were used in the past but we would never want to over shadow those amazing roleplays.

Last edited by a moderator:
*Evil Joto Heisho laughter* I will assist, I promise it won't be scary.

I can barely keep up as is, with the Resurgence and the personnel threads and other open RPs.

I can barely keep up as is, with the Resurgence and the personnel threads and other open RPs.
Oh I know I was replying to explaining the plans I had already set up prior to his bring up the topic.

I know what you mean with the Resurgence. I need to just banzai and post something potentially irrelevant.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back