• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: Bastardpiece Theater [Bastardpiece Theater] Act I: First Steps

Stifling a chuckle by turning it into a cough at Kira's statement, Dex found himself agreeing with the woman. The perks of medical training meant he could get the maximum effect with minimal damage. She could be unconscious for hours. "As tempting as that sounds, I don't think the employer would be happy with that." Replied the medic as he found a spot around ten feet from Fian and Leona. His attire grabbed some strange looks and he almost wished he had brought his plain clothes with him. At he wouldn't of stood out so much.

"Where is everyone so we know in case this shit gets ugly. I don't wanna gun any of you down." Stated Dex as he carefully watched their charge from the corner of his eye.

Through sheer willpower and screaming, Leona had managed to drag her hired guns halfway across the park towards the outdoor auditorium, where a band named "Lorath Muscle Girls" were currently playing, screeching lyrics into the microphone that seemed to stress the importance of male submission in the bedroom.

While the group cautiously made their way towards the auditorium, several individuals and small-sized groups of various types of citizens would make their way towards the concert, causing the group to briefly lose sight of each other, only to see each other again once the crowds either hurried past them or stopped to wait for a straggler to join.

Surrounding the auditorium were several vendor booths, peddling various substances of varying legality, food, as well as items such as jewelry and firearms that may or may not have been acquired legally. The scene of vendor booths surrounded the auditorium and stretched for what appeared to be about 300 yards before the group could get Leona to the relative safety of a rock concert.

One booth in particular appeared to be selling various trinkets of Yamatai origin. Such products had been gaining popularity very slowly within niche communities in Nepleslia as relations between Nepleslia and Yamatai normalized, and were advertised as a form of "cute" culture imported from Yamatai to Nepleslia.

However, it wasn't just the products of the booth that made it strange; it was located between several vendors selling heavy weaponry and shady services, and had attracted several rough-looking individuals that gathered at them in crowds.

Leona grabbed Fian's arm, pointed to a small keychain depicting a Neko wearing Nepleslian military gear, and exclaimed.

"There!" She pointed, between two glaring mercenaries, at the booth. "I wanna go there!"

Fran was still lurking somewhere in the background, gods.. she felt annoyed.. all of that training and time... all of that effort spent... to babysit a child throwing a tantrum for attention. The redhead sighed with some slight relief.. at least she wasn't attached by the arm to the little screaming... thing. Of course she was still attached by her orders and her group as the entourage of none to subtle suits moved toward the concert, obeying the blasting wind that was the child's demands. Of course.. she felt her cheeks color when she saw what the thing wanted.

Quietly... and almost with embarrassment she spoke over the com, "Buy...two....I want one." She said at nearly a whisper.

Dick shook his head seeing how Leona had forgotten her resolve for what she wanted. In the end children are rather simple, he figured, and not letting them feed off of a reaction is typically key - it makes rebellion boring. The pharmacist followed along, kept close enough while allowing his distance to change by amounts noticeable, but still kept him close enough at hand.

Hearing their rather bratty charge make another demand brought a bemused smirk to his lips as he checked what it was with a sideways glance. What the academic picked up made his head shake as he chuckled quietly, only to pause when the request for a second one came up over the comm. "Vel Steyr, be careful," he mock warned over the radio, "One girlfriend is bad enough. Two can be real trouble, especially if they find out about each other."

The man was starting to lose his patience and it was becoming abundantly obvious why he had never bothered to settle down and have children. Their charge seemed like she was trying to spread them so thin that they wouldn't be able to respond to a threat without killing themselves just to get to her. "You might want to get a leash on her, Pretty Boy. Else she'll end up getting us all killed." spoke Dex into his comm.

Then he heard what Fran said over the radio which caused him another attempt to stifle a chuckle. It was one thing for Leona to want one of the creepy little keychains. Though knowing that his colleague wanted one as well. "I'll tell you what, beautiful. If you can get her under control, I'll buy you as many of the keychains as you want." added Dex.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back