• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Been gone a long, long time

Cowboy

🎖️ Game Master
Howdy everyone! Trying to log back in and realized my last post was 6 years ago. Wow! It's been too long. Well it's been a busy 6 years. Graduated college, moved to the Dominican Republic, got married, moved back to the States and most recently, my wife and I had a baby girl! I've thought of this place from time to time but never felt like I had the time to devote to coming back. But today I actually started looking around and felt like I'd like to try and pick it back up. Sooo, can someone sum up what has happened here the last 6 years? haha. Serious question, how do I go about getting back into things?

Welcome to a Dad club! Mine is almost 2 years old now and she's a lot of work but I've never been happier. You probably feel the same way! It's so cool watching them grow and learn.

I guess the main thing happening right now is there's these aliens called the Kuvexians who are part of a multi-faction alliance that is interested in taking over the Kikyo Sector and a war is in progress with them. It's kind of the meta-plot du jour. For your character, you can just make up some notes about what they've been up to since you had to leave to focus on IRL stuff (maybe they were working somewhere boring) and resubmit the updated character wiki to get them into the present day.

Oh yeah, it is awesome. She's almost 4 months now.

Cool deal. I've already been thinking about what my character could have been doing these years. I'll try to get that updated and resubmitted. Although it's been awhile, might take some time remembering how to navigate the site.

We also have new alien races and even a new faction around now. The setting has undergone some changes over the years, the forum even as you can see. So more or less, welcome back to the new SARP.

I've spent the last 3 days just poring over the wiki site. Rereading everything from ships, weapons, power armour, uniforms, races, history... I'm blown away at the detail and organisation of this place. You guys have done an amazing job with this. Man I wish I came back years ago. This place is awesome!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back