• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Betrayal part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Inactive Member
As Hiro's transport reached the closest station to the security center, he dived out, his GP-2b pointing from side to side as he came out of his roll. Seeing no targets, he jumped forward, almost stumbling as he went from a kneeling start to a sprint. Nearing the center, he heard sporadic gunfire and could see balckened holes in the walls and the ground around it. Pushing through the crowds of fleeing people, he came to a pair of calm-looking security guards. "What the hell is going on?" He thundered, going to push past them. "On guard pointed his weapon at Hiro and the other, with a quavering voice that betrayed his outer calm, said, "some hired mercenaries started causing trouble and opened fire on our officers." frowning at Hiro and his tired men, he said cautiously, "Sir, can I see your I.D. card?" Hiro took out the card, ready for what was going to happen. As the guard's weapon came up, Hiro plugged him between the eyes while his men hammered the other into a withered, smoking corpse. Hiro shoulder barged the locked door and grinned angrily as it popped before him. "So much for incoruptability," he commented, "looks like our Head of Security has decided to become Head of NovaCorp." He jogged along the seamless metal corridor, warily eying the hatchway ahead. That would take more than his shoulder to bust. "You." He pointed at one of his two remaining troops, "go to our armoury and bring down one of the GP-11's." The soldier nodded and sprinted away as Hiro leaned against a wall, thinking. "If my brother is dead, Baker WILL pay. then again, if ANY of my men are dead he'll pay..." Hiro grinned again. He was going to have some fun.

As hiro's soldier arrived with the GP-11 and two cells, Hiro tossed him his GP-2b. "Take this, I'll use the big gun." Hefting the massive weapon meant to be operated by an entire squad, he grimaced as something popped in his leg. "I'll have to deal with that later" He thought and started to sink charges into the hatch. It took less than five seconds for the metal to crumble. As Hiro skicked a hole in the slowly disintegrating hatch, one of his soldiers, the one with a single GP-2b, cried out and flel to the floor. Whirling around, he saw the man has been cooked by a maser rifle. He cursed, ducked through the hole in the hatchway and blasted two terrified security guards out of existance before running toward his troops' quaters. Caught between the defenders and a squad support gun, the crooked guards didn't stand a chance. Hiro's soldiers warily emerged from their hiding places, their faces breaking into delighted smiles as they saw their rescuers. Hiro's brother, grinning, stepped up and clapped him on the shoulder. "We thought they'd got you!" he exclaimed and with a mock serious look on his face, asked "Are you sure you're you?" Hiro grinned back. His brother was safe and now he had his troops backing him. "To Baker's office!" he cried, then whispered, "You're mine..."

Willian Baker was smiling. Genuinely smiling as Hiro entered his office. As he saw the mercenary his face flickered through a number of expressions - first confusion, then fear and finally, Hiro thought, a very smug look. "Hey there Hiro-Chan. Gonna be a Hero?" He chuckled. "I thought I'd got you out of the way in the docking bays. Ah well... it's just like you to survive... just like a mercenary." Hiro grinned wolfishly at him. "What's the matter? Grinning at me won't help you." He said. Then Hiro shot him with the machine gun until the chair he had been sitting in disintegrated under his charred corpse.

"Funny how all of the troops Baker had hired to attack the Horizon gave up when he died... I suppose when they found out he wasn't going to pay them they decided it wasn't worth fighting... that and the hundreds of security bots that showed up" said Hiro, staring into the blank view screen. "Ah well... we got our ship refitted for free, we got paid and we got another success on" He chuckled, "our resumé."

As the Ki-F5 Hayashi's new hyperpulse engine flew them toward new jobs, new adventures, the NovaCorp executives still shuddered at two memories. Firstly, William Baker... although they hated him, he became even more frightening dead. What if his computerised personality found a new body? he could want revenge...
But what they remembered with great clarity, right before they fell asleep, was Hiro Saromi's wolfish grin as he layed out his demands for saving their vessel, business and lives. It had been quite a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back