• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Bigger Problems] Trying to blow stuff up

Z

Zack

Queen's Slave, 188604:

"JAAAACK! WHERE YOU AT!?" Uso shouted,

She didn't normally request people show up and do things, unless she wanted something, or had something for them to do... or was bored... so it really might be better to say that Uso shouting meant that something needed to be done sooner rather than later.

The main table of the Queen's Slave had plenty of different volumetric graphics displayed on it. One for the cash on hand of the USO, one for the strength of the NMX fleet, another for PsychoPomp's holdings, one for FSC, another showing a counter for 'Times Yamatai has tried to invade'...

... currently that was at Zero...

Jack walked in after taking a couple pain pills, entering and knowing it was never wise to keep the boss waiting.

"You called? I assume this is pretty important since you are. Is this in relation to what we discussed given the current situation?" He asked trying to no wince. His injuries were still healing, and would be for a while.

"First off, why am I never hearing about these things from you? Someone comes in, kills a bunch of my people, and its spacecase that lets me know what's up...

... also creature's back planetside right?.."

Uso stopped herself,

"You know what? One major fucking disaster at a time. Vier and her fleet are dealing with the Mishhu problem for now. That buys us some time. We still have this money thing to deal with, because we need that to do anything else.

Including dealing with PsychoPomp.

... Obviously I'm not going to leave you in the wind regarding all that...

... so what ships do you have avalible? Because right now that's all we have to work with to make some moves."

"The five frigates and the two battle carriers, all SkyGuard ships were disarmed and returned along with their u-1s. We've already replaced the fighters and have full munition, supplies, and armament stores. Just waiting for the word, so if you want we can head to USV-Hammer." Jack said leaning on the table.

"Cool, lets go. VIER!" Uso shouted.

"I can hear you from the cockpit," Vier replied, the other woman heading into the main area from the doorway that led to the ship's controls. "Nor do you need to get my attention. I am already working on these tasks."

"Yeah, space monsters, economic shananagins, corperate spies, murder investigation...."

"Do not forget I am also designing a Starship for Mr. Pine, as well as producing material for the local population and...." Vier was cut off by Uso again,

"And if you can't do it, no one can.... And lots of people will probably die. So. No pressure... anyways, importat stuff now." As Uso spoke, the Queen's Slave would depart, the doors closing and the ship taking as direct a path as possible towards the Hammer.

"Anyways, Jack, We'll need you to bring the Hammer in low near Vier's factory-blob," Uso would bring up a picture of the Hexagonal factory structures that were assembled just outside of the starport of Osman City. The large towers being tended to by numerous Junker Drones that were stacking up large missiles outside of the facility, "We load up the ship with bombs and we use them on... uh... " Uso would wave her hands around on the display table, bringing up an image of one of the inner planets in this star system, "... This one right here. We blow the planet up, scoop out the gooey metal core, and dump a few billion worth of heavy metals onto the Nepleslian market at a discount."

"How exactly do we do that with no access to the galactic market short of going there. Why not institute a new currency backed by these resources and roll up the salvage that backs the ark mark to add to it? It would be worth more and actually usable." Jack asked as he marked the position, ordering USV-Hammer to move into the position and open its hangars.

Junker drones were already lined up outside, smaller 'cupcake' drones positioning themselves nearby to help lift the large racks of missiles. Even before the hanger doors were fully opened the drones were quickly loading the extra missiles into whatever spare space was availble.

"Well. We go there. How much mass can your ship carry anyways? We load up on the choice metals and a few cargo containers worth may be all we need to get started. Frankly, Vier probably cook up some economic wizardry to solve this problem but that takes time and is fucking boring. The problem isn't that we don't have money, its that we don't have liquidity. The FSC is busy fucking us on that right now, so the solution is to get some liquidity fast....

... you're after that Laz guy right?

Of course you are.

We can't hit him without hitting Psychopomp at the same time. That shit is expensive, and I can't run that kinda op while also trying to do... money stuff." Uso sighed, slowing down a bit and adding.

"... so... how are your people doing?"

"5 were killed, including Sarah. She was pregnant with twins, and she hasn't handled it well. Rose neither. Two troopers were killed on arrival, and two lab personnel were killed in their home across the street. Neera is still recovering from a leg wound, Rose from minor fractures and a stab wound to the shoulder. He...took my son Amit. Everyone else is fine. Saber now has patrols around the area and two sand demons overhead at all times. We've even begun setting up a perimeter and check point..........Uso he said some things that concern me. As much as I've been pissed off about this lately, what he said is nagging at me and are giving me some very bad vibes." Jack listed off deadpan much like how he had become used to in the past.

"What did he say?" Uso asked, keeping one eye on the loading process for the Hammer, not outwardly showing much emotion.

"Lazarus talked as if Psychopomp has been watching and keeping tabs on me, referencing things very few people even know about. My military career, my childhood, and he talked about me like a product. Everything about that is rubbing me wrong, and just the fact that they made a clone of me. Where did they fucking even get my DNA? And that Freya girl, she was attending the school, a fucking agent here in the school. What the hell is going on?" He said more animatedly, having gotten up to rub his side a little as he voiced his concerns.

"Producing combat-soldiers is a big buisness. Yamatai, Nepleslia, they are both built off that industry. Anyone who can is producing their own super-soldiers. You are also going to have to deal with being a larger organization now. You can't just run a small team a expect that you aren't going to have leaks.

You're in the public eye, you're a lot easier to spy on, and we're long past the point of being able to just get along.

My advice, which you won't take, is to move on. That is all in the past.... but if you want the advice that you will take, its that we've got to deal with PP sooner rather than later. We don't know shit about where their assets are, and just talking about an operation against them is going to tip our hand... keep following up on Laz. Learn what you can, fucking share that with me this time...

When we are ready, I'll bring you in on what else you need to know regarding them." Uso said.

"Uso, they know shit they would only know if they had been watching me prior to me ever coming here, hell joining the military. That's what is worrying me. And your right, I'm not going to let this go. I want to make sure he and who he's tied to burn, but not before I get my son back, and some answers. Something is really wrong about this. Doesn't help they stole ECS tech." Jack taking a flask out and taking a swig of bourbon. He put the flask back in his leather jacket, "If we're gonna be hauling a lot of ore than we'll bring Anvil as well."

"The more the better." Uso replied, "Besides, there is plenty of stealth tech out there. The ECS isn't the end-all-be-all. Having good tech is only part of the answer."

Vier gave Uso an odd look.

"You know what I mean. Don't you have updates to install or something?" Uso asked,

"I still think we should withdraw the organic soldiers and stick to using my drones." Vier replied.

"Yeah, and that's why you're taking orders from me. Fleshbags still have some key uses to you robot-types.... Look, Jack, first thing you need to do is find Amit. That needs to happen sooner rather than later. If you have something to go on now let us know and we may be able to help." Uso said.

"ECS was a tightly regulated tech, and they would have had to have entered my fucking labs to get it. Unless they had inside help. We found Amit on vice, now the tech for what they did to him would require specialized equipment. They would have to have only a few facilities with such equipment. Most likely somewhere within that system, or the neighboring ones. Vier is partly right by the way. Several autonomous units, and a remote possessive combat body." Jack said clearly frustrated at recent events. He slapped a pad off the corner of the table, but gripped his side as he reopened one of his wounds, "FUCK, I hate this! That bastard Lazarus, and that fucking creature! And I couldn't do shit as those two screwed us over!"

"Leave the past in the past," Uso said firmly, "We can track ships leaving the system and get an idea of where their destinations are. Then send a U-1 to each of those systems to start looking, but we don't have anything to spare right now in terms of combat forces.

If he went to Nepleslia, he'll be entirely in the wind. How certain are you that he is still getting help from PP?" Uso asked.

Jack sighed as he calmed down, "Their radio chatter suggested that he was here as a rogue."

"That doesn't mean he actually was though... Are you ok to handle this on your own for right now?" Uso asked, the display table beeping and showing a new set of images, "... Ok, looks like you don't get a choice in that. We've got another problem..."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back