Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Yeah, something like that.

I added another post. 12 shots now is 2, but the NSP heavy setting is worth it.

Last edited:
Heavy setting is serious business.

Doshii didn't screw up as much as he thinks. Missed an opportunity, sure - it was easier to run from two Uniques, one that was still dazed and holding a nonfunctional rifle; the other with a nearly emptyon machinepistol ammo due to all that suppressive fire that waiting for 3 others to come out with perfectly functional rifles that could easily pick off the group if they started running through long hallways devoid of cover.

but this should still be workable.

This said, I'm slowing down to allow others to act/bring themselves up to speed.

Does a canister grenade mean smoke or could it be anything (shrapnel/concussive), etc? I guess I'm asking if our characters have enough knowledge to know what kind of grenade that is coming down the hall.

Also, I figure anyone able to hold his breath for awhile and blindfight (or see without the use of his eyes) is going to fare better if stuck in the spreading gas than others.

So they see through our stealth devices? Meh, okay, good to know so he'll be more careful with his drone and stuff. I guess the pistol bullet impact is also absorbed too, also good to know.

Last edited:
Yes. Yes. Yeah, maybe I glossed too much over some things, but your assumptions are correct. Sorry.

Reika's post effectively includes a bit of godmoding in that she's confirming the Unique is being killed by Nyton. Which... I guess is fine. I guess that's what I would have done too - I was just puzzling over how I'd make it happen with the Unique on her back and Reika already atop her. Eh, it works.

To be clear: you probably don't have the time to just watch and see what the other Unique would do. I was pretty intent on having her keep fighting after briefly being staggered by Yukari's shot. Not even sure Reika would even have the time to thank Nyton before the last Unique attacked again.

tom's somewhat crippled at the moment, so no need to wait around for his post. I do wonder if @Doshii Jun will post something else for Yukari, though.

Huh, by gum, I am not the only one who misread the post. Yeah sorry Fred, when I pictured Reika wrestling with her Unique I saw the Unique on top of Reika trying to bring the knife down on her not up from the floor. I guess you could edit in the Unique bucked Reika a bit and rolled over? Yeah there's been a lot of assumption the second Unique went down but no confirmation or even addressing her.

^_^;

Huh, I was sort of under the impression that Nyton was kind of godmoding myself -- what with his character performing the a neck-snap action at all -- which in my mind, I was just sort of rolling with what I viewed as the inevitable and unavoidable outcome of his character taking an action which couldn't really be avoided.

Sorry if I misinterpreted things or somehow felt like I was forcing that conclusion, Fred. That wasn't my intention.

I also kinda got turned around into thinking that Reika was on her back and the Unique was on top and trying to plunge her knife down into her -- though going back and re-reading your post I notice now that you'd already stated things as being the other way around. Ehh, my eyes must have glossed over those bits of your post and have drawn the conclusion that Reika was on the bottom after reading what Nyton wrote.

If you want me to make any specific edits to my post, tell me and I'll change it.

Ha ha, I can't say it was much your fault Khas, I misread and stated Nyton's intended actions based on the misread, and hoped it would succeed by next turn. Looking again at my post it does read on the godmodded side. My mistake again. Whoops.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back