Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Next post is up!
@Khasidel @MoonMan @Nyton @Doshii Jun @Tom

Wherein we find out Nyton has a great deal of empathy for Umbral, and how a pissed-off Umbral can go and choose other targets when they go out of their way to strike at it right on the nose-tip. Or in MMORPG parlance, as I'm sure Blas is familiar with from Final Fantasy 11...

Nyton: "Hey DPSers, tone it down or focus on the adds. You're stealing the tank's aggro!"

So ... The Umbral does not yet appear to have attacked our two riflewomen, right? And we haven't yet deployed any of the stolen grenades ...

Just making sure.

@Doshii Jun
It's giving you the evil eye(s) after being shot in its face. That's hard to ignore even with Kotori being the one whom is hurting it the most.

No grenades were used.

Expect posting tonight, just need to get some work done at home.

EDIT: Finally done. Sorry it took so long, got home late from grocery shopping after work. Hope its not too wordy with everything moving a lot faster now. Great FFIX reference there Fred, which inspired me to break out an old MMO tactic of juggling the mobs attention quickly to give the tank time to reacquire aggro. I still remember how squishy those DDs tended to be when the mob went all out crazy on them.

Last edited:
Fred, you might not quite see the teal on "she knew what she had to do" in that last post, but it's there. As is a link to how to think of it (though without the mad energy).

The teal is fine, though I don't get why you feel compelled to use colors.

I get that Yukari left the stairs to corkscrew to the edge of the building and then stand on the wall, or rather, on the edge/framework of a broken window in order to remain 'just outside' the building.

I'll have a post up today/tomorrow, hopefully after I wake up. It's one of those weeks, guys. Just got done with a 14-hour day.

New GM post is out.
@Khasidel @Nyton @Doshii Jun @MoonMan @Tom

I'd like to point out that Reika's predicament is not because this is a 18+ plot. This being a 18+ plot rather allows me to unveil certin ramifications without much fear of anyone taking offense/thinking it less than approrpiate like in the Miharu plot.

The effect of an Umbral's bite was alluded to in the datamining of the Bowhordia KAMI core, right here.

The Umbral hunt and their bite is envenomed. To humanoid, it can be pleasant, and put the target into a state of arousal... up to the point of rapture/ecstacy depending on the exposure. The point of that was to have a target become receptive to incubating eggs (as well as submitting to the process). The use of "aphrodisiac stingers" on the Mishhu and the transforming of creatures into 'breeders' with that white gunk people write about in 18+ roleplays are extensions from that origin.

Reika isn't at a point where she's lost her mind to it. More like at a point she can note "wow, this is very very wrong in a wierd way that I kind of like and really shouldn't".

Also, as much as I'd like to post today, I'm in charge of graduation page layout, so I'm drowning in overly garbed 18-year-olds.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back