Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Does anyone there on Kotori's side have an idea of the damage this thing had suffered from weapons used so far?
Here's some damage estimates for you:
Your submachineguns are perfectly capable of killing single bugs. They'll splatter. Odds are a neko can kill a bug barehanded as well. But once the submachinegun fires on the Umbral, it causes an amount of physical damage that can easily be regenerated. Firing a spray of anti-personnel bullet seems to hurt it, but not appreciably.

The Uniques' plasma rifles are a clear step above. The Umbral can't as easily shrug off those shots because, being a directed energy attack, it cannot regenerate them as easily. But the degree of harm they can cause is not that much higher than the submachineguns otherwise. You've also a substancial rate-of-fire at your disposal... but even then, it's still a far cry from the Daisy's plasma rifle.

So, how much damage have you caused? You've been firing at 'the nose', which means the 'upper front' of the Umbral, between the eyes. That's a pretty tough part of its exoskeletal body. It stings, it burns, but the damage so far has been negligible. It's too little to call it a wound.

A note for the latest @Doshii Jun post:
While Yukari can surely look at what's going on with Nyton, see them head for an emergency staircase and then look up and see signs of an helipad... she isn't actually aware of Nyton and Laj's intent. But Nyton hasn't communicated anything, she couldn't have heard Laj talking at the distance she is.

The latest post is written - in context to what she's telling Tom - as if she did.

Doshii, when you have a chance, edit your post accordingly? A minimum would be to tweak the instruction given to Tom. I'd see it as reasonable to ask Nyton what's going on.

Another sidenote: Kotori dove into the water to try and cool down. She wasn't actually fleeing the bugs by hiding in the water, though it certainly momentarily stymies their efforts.

Also, the only person talking to Kotori during this fight so far is Nyton. I just wanted to remind you guys that Kotori is capable of communication and telepathy just the same as everyone else in the group.

If there are two words in SARP that seem to give even good writers pause, it's Mishhuvurthyar and Zesuaium. I'll admit I butchered them as well for a time until I actually figured out their pronounciation.

Mish-hu-vur-thyar (though I think vocally most people say the first two syllables as something akin to "Mishu")

Ze-su-aium

I figure, as long as you know the anatomy of the word, you wouldn't have a problem writing it.

If I have a weak-point, it's their/thier. I never know which to use to write it right (and never recall which is correct); whereas I have no problem with "They're" because I know it's a contraction for "They are".

English is annoying and gives me headaches... and it's the only language I speak :p

I especially love words with alternative spellings depending on which English-speaking country you're in (IE British versus American English)

Jail or Gaol? Mum of Mom? Centre or Center? Metre or Meter? Color or Colour? Honor or Honour? Armor or Armour? Traveler or Traveller?

Down here in Australia we tend to use British variants, but because this site generally tends to expect American spelling for most things I try to use that instead, though sometimes I go back and forth without realizing it.

Down here in Australia we tend to use British variants, but because this site generally tends to expect American spelling for most things I try to use that instead, though sometimes I go back and forth without realizing it.
Fight the power my spiritual commonwealth neighbour. Don't contribute to the normalisation of their literary imperialism. I always use colour because I'm anything but yellow.

Well, I guess there's no more 'backburner' for the matter, something will have to be addressed since its become more than obvious.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back