• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Black Rose AMR

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
*puts on his skully mask*

You can use it

In all seriousness tho I believe the MOASS is a public product so there's no reason they couldn't especially given s6 and gh often collaborate, id say the only things they couldn't just outright use would be the custom models.

Apologies for the delay in posting a review, @Jack Pine. >.<

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this sub-article still needs:
  1. Would you mind adding a brief sentence to the sections with a "FIXME" in them, please?
  2. Would you mind adding the performance statistics (specifically, those found on the ammunition template) for the .50cal variant of the Sutafaia Fusion Shell, please? I know there's some listed on the SFS article, but they appear to be for the 50mm variant.
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Note: Also, @Alex Hart - are there any ballistics-related values that should be changed?

Well, taking a look at it it's a bit of an odd-ball. It fires out to 4,500 yards, which is further than the effective range of its S6-SCPR ammunition would allow for by about two or three times. I'm not sure if this is due to a higher muzzle velocity, something of the sort. Either way, an explanation for how the round reaches so far should be given in the article to explain the inconsistancy.

Also strangely, it hits just as hard as MWS2 Sniper Rifle configuration, but shoots with a far higher fire rate even in semi automatic mode (where it is more than double the fire rate of the MWS2's Sniper configuration.)

I'm not sure how these things will effect its review, however I'm very curious as to whether or not these details are intentional, or if there is an explanantion for them.

probably only a couple thousand, but I didn't include a specific number because I figure there wouldn't be a ton of characters using this in the least. I didn't see it as a necessary detail, but I can throw a number on it if absolutely need be.

So one thing I’m confused about is how it says this was developed in “a few hours”. Is that a figure of speech or an actual description of how fast it was developed.

Generally I would think designing something like this might take at least two or three weeks (given that manufacturing capability is beyond what we have IRL) but I wasn’t sure if it was just a turn of phrase, so figured I’d ask about this.

It's not a very complicated weapon, it's basically an old design with a new spin. The other thing about that is it's a custom tailored piece, Rose knew what Sarah wanted in a rifle, and it was simple as designing components that fit that and then combining them into a final product. If you still think that's still too short of a time, I can extend it.

I’d say that given what you told me, and that since it’s not a one off it probably had to go through safety testing, a week seems reasonable to me.

It looks like the weight concerns have been taken care of as well as the price ones, so I think this is ready for a review.

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

APPROVED

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ check ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ check ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ check ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ check ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ check ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back