• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: Section 6 Black Wing Enterprises

Leonardo

Inactive Member
RP Date
YE 41
RP Location
Planet Sirris VI - Obsidian City
Sirris IV - Obsidian City
1/20/41 Black Wing Enterprises HQ

After the first morning spent in organizing the inside of the office and preparing the files for the officialization of the Enterprise. In the afternoon she had a rapid lunch in an anonymous cafè at the edges of the office district, before passing by her apartment for a shower, to take some paper sheets and her personal drawning pen.

She then came back to the workplace. Completely alone in the large and bare head office, as she had a better look at it, there was truly the need to furnish it. She left part of her mind to think on such as she reached for her desk and grabbed her pad, and called the contact of this intriguing Mrs Dee Cerulius, a person first in the to do list of the Black Wing.

The pad's screen showed the calling, Adrian just awaited with a bit of curiosity the response.

>>>>[CONNECTED]<<<<

"Mrs. Cerulius, you have a call, it's-"

"EVE, tell my wife I'm busy and will be home late, but I have to work. Huh, I just found a four pack of ration bars duct taped to the bottom of this desk,a cot, and two bottles of water. Anyways, tell her I'll make sure to bring the to- oh uh hello....", Sera said, the camera angle giving the view of a pair of wings and skirt clad rear bobbing just up past the edge of the desk, the person kneeling under the desk looking for something. But she had sat up while speaking, changing tracks real quick as she realized it was not the caller she was expecting. "EVE, why didn't you tell me it wasn't Talih calling?!" she hissed in a whisper at the off screen AI assistant.

"You didn't give me a chance to finishe before almost embarrassing yourself ma'am."

Seraphina glared to the AI, "We are going to have a long talk later about letting me accept calls myself." After saying such, she quickly with a flutter of her wings, grabbed a rolling chair, and sat down at the desk properly, "Greetings, I am head of DOARAD, Professor Seraphina Cerulius. How may I help you?"

Adrian gliggled, hiding her long smile behind her fingers. Her large deep purple eyes scanned the elysian, she was beautyfull. "Hello!" The geshrin answered waved her hand saluting her, in a really informal way. But it was calculated as she wanted to give her the impression that informality wasn't a bad thing at all condisering the entirety of the situation.

She continued with her high pitched voice "My name is Adrian Clark, co-CEO of the Black Wing Enterprise. We are the enterprise Lord Jack Pine has created to stimulate the economy in the NDC. He also mentioned your name to be the first one to be contacted since you are the leader of the scientific department." She ended for a moment waiting a response from her.

Seraphina straightened her golden hair as deep crystal blue eyes stared back uncertain, her pure white dove like wings rustling to echo her nervousness. "Uh I would say I'm the leader, I just run one department after all. But yeah, I can get you the data, goddess knows i've had it compiling all morning. Was there anything other then that you needed?", the elysian asked wondering why she had been picked for this position, and what it entailed. She set the four pack of ration bars off to the side with the two bottles of water before pulling up the compiling progress on another terminal screen. Without a Geist, she had to do everything by manual and pads.

"Well out from the passing of the datas directly in person...Yes! May I ask you if can you stay still for a moment infront of the camera?" She asked casually, then leaned on her right to take her pencil and a sheet paper. *I am not gonna let escape a beauty like this!* she thought.

"Um.....why though? I uh don't know why you don't want me to move? I'm sorry, but i'm really confused on what you're asking me here.", Sera said, finding things becoming increasingly awkward. Her wings shifted uncomfortably as the gesherin man in the other end searched for something.

Adrian's face showed back on the screen, handling what her drawing material, she place the sheet right next to the pad and gave a glance to the Elysian before starting make a sketch of her with absurd rapidity of her hands. "I can see you are getting nervous don't worry, i just wanted to..." she then raised her hand with the sheet. On it an incredibly detailed but still uncompleted sketch of Seraphina "...Sketch! Ta-daa!" she giggled like a little girl, followed by a bright smile.

"Yeah that didn't make that any less awkward. How about the rest of that waits until I hand the data over?", the angel said feeling very uncomfortable with such attention. She honestly just wanted to finish her work for the day and head home to her wife.

"Absolutely! That's why is unfinished!" She said nodding happily. "Thank you for your time and attention Missis Seraphina, when would you prefer to come here? We are going to be open 'till 18:30. Otherwise tomorrow, I prefer to have the datas as soon as possible and I think you can understand why." She said always smiling.

"Well, if you give me twenty minutes, give or take. I can meet you there and hand off the drives. The fastest I get that handled, the faster I can resume work. No offense of course, it's just that you can imagine this is a very busy department, and a lot required from us. I wouldn't however, mind meeting to simply hang out under more casual circumstances.", Seraphina replied with a touch of firmness at the man's rushy attitude, but understood better then anyone, the stress of deadlines.

"Seems perfect! I'll wait you here, number 7 at Sirris Boulevard, 15th floor, you can't miss that!" Adrian made a gesture in a cowboy style pointing to her with both hands and a wink. She then concluded the chat with a "See you soon!" before rapidly tapping the screen, ending the conversation.

She leaned back on the chair, looking for a moment the sketch in her hand "ehh, looks like she is in a hurry..." Then raised an eyebrow as she kept looking at it "She also seemed nervous wonder why, maybe is she new to the job?", she ended with a sigh and placed the drawing back on the table.
Even if she played cool she really felt that Seraphina was embarassed, and so a session of questioning herself of what attitude she had to follow started. While making other drawings but this time depicting ancient starfighters.

The angel was quick to wrap up her current task and head over to the offices, a hardcase held by a briefcase sytle handle in her right hand as she knocked on the door.

Adrian looked around to see if there was an actual button to remotely open the door, and ther wasn't. *Laaaame* her mind lamented as there was literally nothing on those desks, just full flat squared lame tables, the urge to change them was kicking in. She got up with a sigh as she reached the door.

As she opened, the geshrin revealed a bright smile to the coming guest "Precise as an atomic watch! Please come in!" she exclamated with her high pitched voice.

The angel wasted no time after being invited in, striding in and placing the hardened case on the desk. "Greetings, I have the data stored in three drive modules, all secured in this case. Please place your hand against the black panel here on the top of the case. Lay it flat so that it can encode the lock to your biometrics. After that, I can answer any questions you might have.......also I do not think your office is lame, it is tidier then mine." Seraphina said curtly after turning back to Adrian as well as gesturing to the case. The casual thoughts given off by the Geshrin were a comfort in her usual nervousness, allowing her to stay cool and professional.

"Ok, ok calm down beauty. First two little things before we go" Adrian said as she raised her hands in a gestural attempt to stop the entire situation. Still next to the door, she was a bit worried about Seraphina's nervousness, although she wasn't new to the fact of the elysians mind reading abilities she still felt quite hurted by such.

The geshrin sighed, trying to cool down before continuing "First of all... Your stress is so evident that I can even touch it if I use the right tool. So please relax. I know you are in a hurry but I am not here to harm you nor to give you a vote..." She made some steps towards the elysian, looking for a moment downward and cleared her throat as she placed a hand next to her mouth. "And second, may I ask you to not read my mind without my consent? If you keep doing it may make things pretty awkward. You know, voice is one of my best perks, I would feel disarmed without it." She tried to smile at her own joke, but just obtained a weird grin.

Sera became flustered as she was called out on that, "Oh uh, sorry, I do it passively when really nervous! I will try not to, but I've only been doing this position for less then a month now! I am not at all used to being in such an important position, much less the stress of having recently saving my son from kidnapping. To be honest I'm a wreck." she said deflating at the end, her wings now drooping.

"A wreck??!" She exclamated, completely shocked by what Serapina said "You are gorgeous, what the hell are you even thinking about! You even have the attributes to go save your son, I don't even know if I would ever do that." She reached her, Adrian's big deep purple eyes looking at the elysian's one "Besides, I am new to the job too, but I am also new to this place. So trust me, if someone between us will make a business error, stay sure that would be me" Adrian added finally smiling as she was getting more confortable with her but at the same time kinda disturbed by what she heard.

"And after this I think I really need some tea! You want one too? We have a hot beverage dispenser" Adrian slowly turned back to her energetic behaviour. "Don't worry that case would not run away, let's take our little moment to relax" She winked to her as she moved towards a secondary door of the office.

"I had been told he had died, and was shown a body, so I cried my tears in mourning. For a month after, I was alone, my wife missing off in the wilds of this world, unknowing if she was even alive. The people who have sought to ruin this world for us broke me Mr. Clark....Waiting alone in a hospital bed, I was lost on what even the point was anymore. But then, my wife returned home, where I mourned in her embrace. Two months later, I was thrust into this job, and on one of our diplomatic meetings with Dovania I learned my son was alive." Sera said giving Adrian a sort of blank stare as she remembered the previous months and all the hell she had been put through, leaving the angel before her to be quite a pitiful sight. Her usually joyful expression had lost it's luster, and she seemed to always have a bit less energy then before.

"I cried my tears, and felt my sorrow, only to find my son alive yet altered. He was an adopted human, but they had turned him more like me, a mixed blessing I guess. I heard of the ones called Crimson who had taken him, and what they had done to him. All I felt was rage, hate, and determination. Those attributes were not ones I had worked in, but ones I had beaten into me. I was tired of being the weak, sobbing child of a woman I used to be." she continued as her last words took on a sterness, her wings rising back up a bit as she felt the those emotions stir a little once more. She had before thought to help others with her work. But she now sought to do so in a different way, by providing the NDC with the weapons to eradicate Crimson entirely.

"So yes, I could very much use that tea....please."

The slim and short geshrin stared at her completely freezed, she didn't know what to do, and Seraphina's speech was getting her emotional. As the elysian ended, Adrian continued to looking at her, her eyes getting slightly wet and her face blushed "Oh... yeah s..sure. Please ouhmm, take a seat.I... I'll be back shortly". She turned back hesitantly moving towards her previous destination, in silence. No one could understand how angry she was. Hearing Seraphina made her wanted to spill out all her past, she felt that maybe that woman was the right one, but she couldn't. Her slim and fine hands closed in fists as she was still walking.

After a couple of minutes Adrian showed up from the door, she wasn't smiling but at least her expression was a bit more calm. In her hands two cups full of hot tea, so hot that it was giving off steam. She sit back to the chair but not before giving the cup to her guest "Here it is beauty. It's hot so don't drink it now. And here is the sugar."

The dove like elysian took a seat as suggested, thankfully taking the offered cup as well. "Thank you, and...sorry for rambling all that off on you. Things have been...stressful. It was not right of me to do that to you Mr. Clark." Sera said apologetically as she added the two packets of sugar to the steamy beverage. "You may finish that sketch if you wish now."

She sank into the chair with a long sigh, placing the cup on the desk next to the drawings of starfighters. "Don't worry. About the sketch..." She made way through the sheets to find the one depicting the elysian. "Yeah i think we can do it now, stay still for a moment missis Cerulius" Adrian ended as she took the pencil and looked at the woman to take the right measures.

Seraphina did as instructed, her body freezing as if a snapshot taken by a camera, and she sat like that until the woman was done. Eventually when she could relax again, the dove like woman rolled her shoulders before speaking, "You know, I was once a scientist in Yamatai, could have worked in any lab I wanted too. But I said no, there was no challenge there, no great scientific problems to solve that would help the people. So I went out to the frontier, where the people faced challenges every day, and groups like S6 sought to make things better for them."

"I found the challenge I had wanted, and people to help. I never would have guessed even half the stuff I've done while here. Developing new tech, meeting the love of my life when she saved me from a giant sand worm attack....Ever even having a child. I've been through so much, and done so much more here with these people. I may have sobbed about it only minutes ago, but I would do it again. But what about you Mr. Clark, what drew you to this place of idealistic dreamers?", she continued before ending in her question, much more calm and relaxed now thanks to the tea.

Adrian hand moved incredibly fast over the sheet. As Seraphina ended speaking, the geshrin gave the sketch to her. It was a chiaroscuro portrait more than anything else, the details and the realism of the design was remarkable for the time spent on it. A smiling face was portraited even if Adrian never saw her do it till now.

The geshrin took a short sip of the tea, not even caring to put sugar on as she preferred without it. Then looked intensely the still steaming drink "Well.." Her doe eyes glancing for a moment to Seraphina before turning back to the beverage "... I am a scientist, borned in the yamataian space and ranked with the highest degrees in physical engineering." She gave a long sigh as she leaned to the chair and stared at her guest "I'am being hunted by an assassin because of a research i was developing back in Nepleslia. Unfortunately, I've to keep details secret for me and my family's safety." She tsked as she sllightly shook the head looking back at the tea. "I feel awful for I cannot tell you more, but I don't want you to get in to trouble. We are not talking about a simple manhunter...".

The elysian blinked at Adrian for a moment, "You realize half the founders were ex-mercenaries and assassins right? We literally have one of the most feared and wanted here working for us, a man named Lazarus. So I assume your here under a false identity then?"

Sera sipped her tea after speaking, taking in the sketch as she waited for the man's reaction.

She slowly nodded "You're right. I also choose this location because is not the first place a being like that would look for a frightened yamataian who doesn't know where to go. Or at least that's what it thinks". She took a longer sip as the tea was getting cooler "Still, the possibility that it can find me are high...". The ghostly and metallic laugh of that assassin echoed in her mind for a moment.

"But talking about more joyful topics." She raised the head with a slight smile "Do you like it? The sketch I mean."

"Yes, it's very wonderfully done! It's amazing to achieve such detail in such a short space of time." she said with a cheery reply as she complimented the geshrin's work. Sera actually felt she should repay him for the wonderful work, even if not meant for her. "Tell me Mr. Clark, do you know how to operate a firearm? Do you even own one?"

Adrian face brighted of satisfaction as she heard Seraphina's appreciation."Thank you, I like drawing and always do it when i can. By the way,I do know how it's done and how to make one. But I never used them, not even for testing. I don't think that fighting with a weapon is a resource that a person of my kind should rely on." She answered as she took yet another sip.

"Honey, out here, yeah it is. Plus if your hunter ever finds you. A. You're going to want a way to defend yourself, and B. It's a good skill to know as it will benefit weapons research. I always care a sidearm myself, though you probably didn't notice because I keep it in a thigh holster hidden under my skirt.", Sera cooed almost maternaly as if giving motherly advice. "With permission, I'd like to teach you how. The Lord himself trained me. Passing that knowledge on is just the right thing to do."

"Your skirt?" She femininely giggled. "No wonder how!" Adrian continued with a dazzling smile. "I'll take in high consideration this offer, not because I truly think it's necessary but because of you." She winked and then ended her tea with a final sip.

"Now, let's open this case shall we?" She asked while putting down the empty cup and rotating the case to face her direction. Then placed her hand over the black panel, activating the biometric scanner.

A strip of light would cross the black surface, illuminating Adrian's hand where it touched. [Signature Accepted. Access granted, Adrian Clark]

As the case clicked open, revealing three black drives. "That means my job is done here then. However, if you permit, I would like to leave you one last thing. My personal sidearm, just so you can get a feel for what I would be teaching you with. The P2 Wraith, S6 standard issue, and a gun of my design."

"Right to the point beauty. Not even giving me the chance to think about it uh?" She sniggered " I thought you were different, not that I don't like it. Don't get me wrong." Adrian glanced to the case before answering. "I'll gladly accept it. Besides, you may call me Adrian, if you pleased" She said as she got up.

"I think you and I will be good friends Adrian. Here, I would like you to have this pistol as promised. I may have customized it a bit, just because a girl has to have it pretty.", Sera said with a giggle as she reached down towards her leg. Without bothering to turn around, the elysian reached under her skirt before the click of a couple strap buckles preceded the reveal of a thigh holster kit. The angel held the whole thing up by the strap, the pistol inside was all black with actual gold detailing, feint engravements also visible.

"Friends?" She giggled " I was looking for that right from the start" Adrian usual smile showed up on her face, her eyes then glanced to what the elysian was doing. She remained quite fascinated on where Seraphina kept hidden the weapon, her attention on it was enough to not care about the elysian's lack of modesty. "Hmmm interesting. But I've to say, it could be difficult to rapidly extract the pistol if the situation requires". Adrian ended putting her hand on her chin, thinking on how to optimize it.

"well for me, concealment was the priority over speed. As a civilian, I wouldn't be on the frontline or anything, so in most scenarios I would have a window of early warning. Not to dicsount scenarios where speed and no warning weren't present."

"Of course councealment is a key aspect. But i think there is a lot of space for improvements!" Her eyes lit up as she exclamated "By the way, sorry if I kept you here more than necessary and thank you again for the weapon. My free time is blank, I mean i don't have all the worries and social bounds as you do, like a partner or children... you get it. So is up to you to decide when we are going to start the training" Adrian ended as she made few steps away from her chair to reach her

As Adrian took the gun in her hands she looked to the design of the pistol, smiling "It's pretty nice, I like your style!".

"Thank you! We can start this weekend, which is when my current project will be finished. Another new weapon the army has been asking for. I swear, when trouble comes knocking, the work is never ending." Seraphina said brightly as she handed the sidearm over, "Also, no worries, It's nice to take a break now and then. Usually I love the labs and my work, but even the same room tends to tire the eyes after a while ya know."

"I know perfectly what you mean. Personally I'm the kind of gi...guy that would like to stay for entire days in my own lab, unfortunatly..." She looked around with her eyes and shrugged "... I don't have one right now. But! once i'll have it! " She pointed to the elysian " It will be the best of the whole planet! No what am I saying?! The whole sector! I promise you!" Adrian exclamated, her eyes full of ambition.

"That's a bold statement to tell the head of Advanced Research and Development. Feels like a challenge I would gladly accept." Sera said with a grin.

Adrian laughed "So not only friends but also friendly rivals! Simply awesome!" she grinned too. But her competitive expression faded away to make space for another emotion. "I am trully happy that i met you Seraphina" she admitted warmly, then took the elysian by her shoulder and moved towards the door "You know, probably our jobs will lead us to see each other more often than we think. As I have to organize a development team, surely cooperations between our organizations are vital for the growth of this project": The petite geshrin ended with her usual bright smile.

Sera giggled at Adrian's enthusiasm and friendlyness, "Yes, I believe that was the plan. Meaning you'll likely be seeing much more of my work in the future as well. That being said, I look forward to seeing where our efforts lead us. I truly believe we are making a difference, each in our own way. Thank you again for having my compnay, even if initially for business reasons. I'll see you around okay."

"absolutely yes" Adrian winked to her as she opened the door for Seraphina "Have a good evening Seraphina.... Can i call you Sera?"

The angel giggled as she exited out of the apartment, "Everyone does, why not one more."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back