• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

British Plot Ship

What Shall This Ship Be Called?

• Imperial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Victory

• Valiant

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Excalibur

• Total voters

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Alright, I've run the idea by a number of players and people seem to agree we need a plot ship specifically for the British guys. Right now, we have some ships that are mixed and it's really killing the ability their to have JPs, mainly due to timezone reasons.

So, I'm asking you Brits: Do you like the idea and will you sign up for this ship? You can either use a character you already have (transferring him) or make a new one.

And as for the rest of you guys: Yes, you could join the British plot, but you'd have to be willing to RP on their terms, which means being available for JPs in the morning and early afternoon.

This could work really well for the folk who have late-night jobs. As I hopefully will, soon enough.

I'm Norse, by the way. I dunno if the Brits'll take me, what with the pillaging my ancestors did. But I promise to be amicable about it.

Alrighty, after I get back from Greece, I'll get to work on the Rob front, with a quick sojourn into enticing Snibble. Go Brittania.

As for name, I think it should be Ozymandias.

Great name.

I'm studying the stuff your ancestors did, and actually it's really cool. The Rite of the Blood Eagle. Need I say more?

And Britain doesn't get resentfull over that sort of thing, we're invaded, we absord there culture, and then later on we go and own there country. It's all good and fine.

Let me give my unconditional support to this project, I like it greatly. Also, British characters! Too many American and Japanese characters, but there must have been some British that survived! I know that ESA doesn't look to be in a condition to do anything, but maybe it grew!

Actually, I was planning either to transfer (somehow) Karin from the destiny (or wherever she's dissapeared off to...) OR make a russian character! Borislav Ivanovich, the gun-nut with a funny (yet meaningful) name! (=O)

*Looks at the name, struggles to pronounce it, nods head* No I don't like it. Very strange and to long. :D

Ittou- Meaning The Best

Ingurando- Translated to England

Okina- Meaning Old Man (reason why I looked up this one, is because the British are always stereotyped to be old men and have rich clothes....or that's just me.)

British-Themed Ship Names:
Excalibur
Revenge
Intrepid
Hood
Enterprise
Dreadnought
Victory
Ark Royal
Repulse
Invincible
Grand Mistress
Sovereign
Nemesis
Furious
Dauntless
( Link: Names Of All Royal Navy Ships )

A British tar is a soaring soul- as free as a mountain bird
His energetic fist should be ready to resist a dictatorial word
His nose should pant and his lip should curl,
His cheeks should flame and his brow should furl,
His bosom should heave and his heart should glow,
And his fist be ever ready for a knock-down blow.

Syphers names are too Japanese for a British ship (although they are all very good), Wes' are very intresting and deserve due consideration.

Now ... Ozymandias is perfect, and Rob uses Wikipedia too much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarent

That's cool too, the lesser known sword of King Arthur.

Avalon is good.

Cur de Lion - Been reading about the Crusades. You have no idea how cool Richard was, he owns all other leaders, and all other crusaders. Far superior. He never lost.

Karin is still on the Destiny, and please keep her there. Things are getting more intresting there, as reading some of the more recent posts will find out.

As for the Russian character, he shall be called 'the Czar' and that's the end of it. Why does everyone want a foreign one (relitively speaking)? Rob, you play an australian/indian hybrid to represent your heritage, and Daniel, you play a member of the Mafia.

I'll play someone English, because that is my heritage! No going into other countries for me!

Alternatively Rob can play a scottsman, but only if he is 6'3" has a taste for Hagis and wears a regimental kilt.

(Note I am not speaking with any authaurity at the present time)

Thomas, I'm scotish/english in about a 1/4 to 3/4 ratio. My great grandfather lived in india for a decade, but that does not make ME indian, ye great fool!

Incidentaly, I'm on the next flight to greece with my MPP all oiled and shiny...

I don't use wikipedia too much, I simply happen to be familiar with the works of Mr. Shelley.

I MET a traveller from an antique land
Who said:—Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,
The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

I have to say that is a brilliant poem. I love it.

His wife was quite good too, but her work is often overshadowed by Mr. Shelly's brilliance.

But the poem is godlike.

I would be too. I'm of scotish descent. ^_^ *writes up big hairy char with beard, accent and sword lol* jk

I must say that I don't like it Thoms, I am sorry. It's to long, and isn't a name (I think) for a ship.

MaryRose? Now that a famous ship.
Crusader?
Tomahawk?
Triton?
Dahlia?
Dainty?
YSS Victory is cool.

I never realised how stupid some of the Navy ship's names are.....They are awful. The Just imagine being on a ship called the HMS Bounty, the crew disliked it as well, there was a mutiny. :D

That was for a completely different reason, and we don't like to talk about it.

Tomahawk!?!?! That's not even remotely British.

Ozymandias is brilliant, we can even have those two lines as the motto for the ship. It's great. You can not reject it due to its length.

CÅ“ur de Lion is brilliant.

But Ozymandias is suppurb.

Currently there are three people for it: Rob, myself and Sekiko. Sekiko's support alone should be enough to float the topic.

I am sorry Thomas. I don't like it, there is no way you can change my thought's. Tomahawk is one of the Navy's Ship. If it was good enough for them it must be good enough for us. In fact I really like the name.

Ozymandias is not brilliant, neither is CÅ“ur de Lion, which is neither British or American. It's bloddy French. You are contradicting yourself here Thomas.

Three people out of six Thomas, that must mean three disagree with it. So it's equal. Also each person's vote is equal, you do not hold someones vote higher that another persons. That is mean, and shows you to be slightly sucking up.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back