• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Art Building a legend! Making the Type 33 NSP🔫🐍🛠

As i am very much a Discord person, i don't frequent these places too often. So by Wes' recommendation i am posting this here as well now.

Being a fan of the T33 NSP's design, and being the owner of a UP! 2Plus 3D printer, i set out to make a lifesize prop of the iconic SAoY sidearm!

Step 1: 3D modeling.
I have asked Wes before if he still had the 3D model available used in the NSP's concept render, but sadly this wasn't the case. So using the NSP's 3D art i completely modeled a new one. It took a fair bit of time, but it was worth it!
type_33_nsp_standard.png Model1.png Model2.png Model3.png Model4.png

Step 2: Printing.

As anyone who has3D printed before can attest to, this part of the project was the most tedious. Long print times and little margin for error make it a pretty tense process. The parts came out very nice and fairly accurately, although the "slide" barely fit within the boundaries of my printer. It warped a little near the lower front of the "slide", but nothing i can't fix up.

Model5.png Model6.png Print1.jpg Print2.jpg Print3.jpg Print5.jpg Print6.jpg Print7.jpg

Step 3: Painting

This where i'mcurrently at. I'll be painting it up in the standard chrome blue colors as seen in the render. I'll be doing this bypainting it chrome first, then covering it in clear blue. As the NSP has two different tones of blue, i'll have to mix up two different colors of blue as well. The handle is already painted in straight black and finished off with a matte topcoat. The hinomaru's have been detailed with white, red and gray, and been given a glossy topcoat. This same topcoat will also go over the blue to protect itfrom wear and make it extra shiny. Ovvo!

Paint1.jpg Paint2.jpg Paint3.jpg

I'll keep y'all posted! ovvo/

I love this so much.

As I was looking at the photos I realized someone the L (laser) button became an H on yours! Not sure how that happened lol.

oh so that's what that was for o0o
i thought those three buttons represented the three firing modes, including the Stun and Heavy fire mode (which was omitted from the civilian model)

It's Laser, Flashlight, and Safety.

According to the article there's a switch (I guess a knob on the left side?) that controls firing modes and the right side has buttons for the laser, flashlight, and the safety/on-off.

It looks fantastic man. I want a 3D printer so badly now!

Here's a link to the parts files BR posted in the Discord a while back if anyone wants to give it a go:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back