• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission Business Treaty of YE 40 Update

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=international:business_treaty_of_ye_40
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
  2. Nepleslia
  3. Elysia
  4. Poku (HSC)
  5. Iromakuanhe
  6. Neshaten
  7. NDC
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
  • Submission Type: Treaty Update
  • FM Approved Yet? No, @Wes
  • Faction Requires Art? No.
For Reviewers:
  • Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No.
  • Contains Links to Unapproved Articles? No.
  • Contains New Art? No.
  • Previously Submitted? No.
  • Changelog: Link
  • Checklist Requested? Yes.
An update to the proposed International Business Treaty of YE 40 that implements some changes @Nashoba and @Soban suggested. Also tagging @Legix, @Syaoran, @META_mahn, @Nashoba, @Soresu, @Kyle, and @Jack Pine, as in my opinion their factions would have an IC interest in this treaty. (No offense, @Primitive Polygon, but as far as I know the Freespacers wouldn't really be interested in this kind of thing.)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Sorry for the double post, but something hit me a little while ago and I was waiting for a post to say it but nothing came. So yeah.

I'm wondering, what are all you guys in the treaty going to do if a new species is discovered? Or a new government? I really doubt they're going to just adopt one of our currencies outright, so wouldn't this mean your companies would be trading with an illegal business if they did business with any company from that nation, unless they signed the treaty? Also how will you do business with nations that don't sign the treaty at all.

There are like zero upsides to this treaty but a lot of actual and theoretical downsides. There is no real gained security from the treaty, cause a nation has the power to dictate trade laws in their land if they don't sign the treaty, so they can make laws dealing with their specific issues for security purposes.

After some thought; I don’t want Nepleslia to be involved in this. There’s core issues with it that I think (if passed) would ICly conflict with Nepleslia’s stances. I think the spirit and intent are good for trying to prevent 5 billion currencies and keep trade simple; however the issues that exist involving new powers being forced to compliance lest they only barter in initial years or exchange directly with the sovereign states to acquire currency is problematic. I also raised issue earlier that it almost seems exclusionary by naming it; I’d rather reform DATASS than support the treaty.

If you approve it, I guess I’ll probably need to start an economy war in what would likely put the two largest economic figures in the sector on opposite sides for IC reasons; Nepleslia can’t support something that would make them appear tyrannical to small nations and their own corporations on the frontiers that would trade with non-signatory nation’s such as the ASE.

After some thought, I think I would like to withdraw the Commonwealth from this as well. For now I want to focus on building up their own internal economy and sphere of influence. Doesn't mean I wouldn't be open to this down the road. Sorry! >.<

@Soresu, we should note that per the treaty, they are required to do business in their host countries currency or another commonly used currency. If say USO was a signatory, then there is nothing stopping USO based companies from using the ArcMark even though it is not a commonly used currency because it is the currency of their host nation.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back