• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission Business Treaty of YE 40 Update

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=international:business_treaty_of_ye_40
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
  2. Nepleslia
  3. Elysia
  4. Poku (HSC)
  5. Iromakuanhe
  6. Neshaten
  7. NDC
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
  • Submission Type: Treaty Update
  • FM Approved Yet? No, @Wes
  • Faction Requires Art? No.
For Reviewers:
  • Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No.
  • Contains Links to Unapproved Articles? No.
  • Contains New Art? No.
  • Previously Submitted? No.
  • Changelog: Link
  • Checklist Requested? Yes.
An update to the proposed International Business Treaty of YE 40 that implements some changes @Nashoba and @Soban suggested. Also tagging @Legix, @Syaoran, @META_mahn, @Nashoba, @Soresu, @Kyle, and @Jack Pine, as in my opinion their factions would have an IC interest in this treaty. (No offense, @Primitive Polygon, but as far as I know the Freespacers wouldn't really be interested in this kind of thing.)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So, having talked with my players; I'll have a news post up about this once this thread is approved. Basically though the Nesh are onboard with this, however, do understand that to the Nesh-nesh an independant business is merely a privately owned establishment, basically they are not owned by the government but still follow the nations laws.

However, outside companies that come into Nesh territory but don't want to follow their laws would be considered rogue.

Also bare in mind that for the Nesh, all currency exchanges are in their currency, that is something by law and can't really be changed by outside influences.

So you have my FM approval here :)

Last edited:
Looks good to me! Heck, we could probably even remove the bit about currencies.

@Wes - What about the ArcMark, though? Didn't Yui mention something about that part of the treaty being included in order to block the usage of the "electronic coins" like the ArcMark or something?

Edit: This is what I was referring to:
Taisho Yui, who had recently arrived, clarified "I believe the intent of requiring corporations to operate in their home nation's currency is to require the use of nationally-run currency exchanges and to block the use of alternate currencies like 'electronic coins' such as the Arcmark."

Yeah, but it's just a guideline.

Erm, yeah... The Wire Guided's inter-species trading deals have been the entire development strategy of the Freespacer race for the whole year.

True, players leaving means that three major deals were a completely wasted effort, but it would at least be nice for people to acknowledge this is precisely what I have been doing, instead of clogging up the NTSE with yet more war machines. Heck, everything I did submit in that area is open to export in some fashion and always has been.

If people think for some reason that the Freespacers would not be welcome to this deal in-universe, or that nations like Yamatai would veto it due to the Freespacers being present... Well, then it would be nice to know exactly why, at least?

My apologies, @Primitive Polygon - my earlier statement was based upon assumptions generalizations that were decidedly...outdated, and I should've consulted with you beforehand. >.<

There's nothing IC or OOC - as far as I'm aware - that prevents the Freespacers from participating in this treaty.

No problem, @Primitive Polygon - though who should I put down as the representative of the Freespacers? I also think the wiki page would be a good idea, in all honesty - as one of the reasons I didn't originally include the 'spacers is because I honestly didn't know they had a "standard" trading system (apart from the resource vouchers mentioned in the currency exchange).

@Wes, not to be rude - but what would you recommend changing, then? I'd kind of like to keep it there, given that it was present during the IRC - and the ArcMark isn't "frequently traded," in my opinion, due to how many factions don't accept it as legal tender.

Are you going to set a threshold for IC usage and ban all currencies that fall below that?

It would certainly make things interesting.

No one is setting any "IC threshold," @Zack, nor is anyone banning any currencies. In the future, please remain on-topic when posting in this thread.

Please do not edit an article and remove text, you are not an NTSE Mod; only NTSE Mod's and the article creator should be doing the edits. Exception to that is fixing spelling errors and fixing up a sentence here or there, or even removing non-canon information. Flat out removing a paragraph is something left up to the article creator, and by extension, the NTSE Mods/staff.

I've gone and removed all replies that were unrelated to this thread. This is not the place to argue about what people do, or to throw around accusations. This thread is to discuss the Business Treaty of YE40 and nothing more.

From this point onward, I will be removing any off-topic replies. So please remain on topic ok? :)

While I agree with some things here, I think it's kinda weird that this is a treaty, it's dictating how a nation has to handle its own companies, and it doesn't leave much in the way of wiggle room for them to change that. I think this should probably be written up as a sort of 'international business licensing law' and then factions can choose if they want to only deal with foreign companies that have an international license.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back