• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission C11

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
There's... no way this can be considered a tier 14. @Legix I'm starting to come around to the idea that size isn't the only factor. Also, it seems to be going way too fast.

Unarmored for the speed bonus, and the size of the ship puts it in the Tier 14 category similar to other large freighters

Well that's true but this is a replacement for the C5, a warship. If it's supposed to replace that, where's its weapons?

Firstly, @Zack, this starship should not in my opinion be the same tier as the Sharie. It should be reduced to Tier 13 (Unarmored).

Secondly, @Zack, the ability to transport 1,944 BoxMines is in my opinion overpowered. Please reduce the amount it can carry by at least half, preferably more.

Last edited:
One reviewer per submission thread at a time please - and use the checklist.

Not to be rude, @Wes - but aren’t active members (those who have roleplayed within the last thirty days) allowed to comment on submissions? I will admit, though, that I was wrong to say “in my official opinion,” though / I’ve edited that part out. Sorry >.<

Check listy!

[X] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[X] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[X] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[X] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[X] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[X] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[X] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[X] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[-] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[X] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. It's length is that of a Teir 11 ship, not that of a Teir 14. Either the length needs to be changed, or the teir needs to be dropped. In order to qualify for T14, it's length needs to be between 750~1500 meters. I'm not sure if perhaps you put the 760 in the wrong place. However, this is the only problem that I have found with this.

Once this is fixed, then I'll take a second gander.

Kyle, it says the height is 760 meters, which is tier 14. While I agree this was probably meant to be length based on the design of the ship. It seems odd to me that it would be a different tier depending on its orientation. It is possible for ships to have height as their longest dimension. Take for example the crime lord's ship from Solo which is a tower design.

it says the height is 760 meters, which is tier 14.

Not according to the DRv3, which doesn't list height *or width, for that matter* as being the deciding factors for the Tier. Please understand that I know what you are saying, and yes I do agree, however I need to go by what the DRv3 states.

In order for this to pass muster, it's the length that needs to be changed (it's a simple flip of values, that's all)

I went ahead and made the change from height to length. Ultimately I don’t think that’s worth having an argument about but the thinking behind it was that I wanted to match up my starships with more realistic designs ie: the axis of thrust is down, and the ship is more like a tower than a boat.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[x] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[x] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki (Wes will need to do this, I don't have the perms)
[x] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[x] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[x] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

Otherwise, this is approved. Thank you for making that change :)

I've moved the wiki article as requested!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back