• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Carthage] Stellar Road Class Expeditionary Cruiser

Look, dude.

Everywhere but Yamatai has a broken economy because Yamatai has Aether and Zeusanium and they're firmly dug deep into the majority of planets. Nobody else can take because Yamatai would swiftly obliterate smaller colonies, say "oops, we already marked this land as ours long before you came to it".

Everyone elses technology is water-guns and tin-foil.

And because of this, the economy isn't changing.

This means that chances are, it'll be impossible to afford the Carthage project which if I recall, doesn't even have a direct task like most projects do.

It's unlikely that Yamatai is going to back out so everyone else can actually make money, since Wes has his characters firmly set into Yamatai (meaning that unless Yamatai does go down, he's always going to be on the top of the hill).

Another thing is that the Economic unbalance and the meer name of the StarArmy hints that the entire universe revolves around lesbian catships flying around in souped up Klingon Birds of Prey which leads newer players to root for the SA and play as them and the economic factor forces designers with great asperations to design for Yamatai (who have no patent laws, unlike the rest of the galaxy so at any moment, if you decide to stop providing your product or hike the price, expect to be stormed and have it taken from you).

It's a cruel universe.

As for as cash-money goes there is an economy in stararmy that is hardly used and pertains mostly to finished goods for civilians and non-military matters.

The other economy is the only one that does really matter. With the technology present in this universe one can mine, refine, and utilize resources anywhere they are found. In this case that would be the SR system. Generally as long as you have SRs it is extremely cheap to process and build with them. Transmuting technologies can even make the more exotic materials for you so you can completely isolate yourself from other organizations (As far as resources go).

From the point of view that Carthage couldn't be afforded it would follow that CSEIA, Novacorp, and the like could also not be afforded by anyone.

So, stop posting this stuff in the contribution forums. If anything the 'the world sucks' posts should be made in the discussion forums.

If you don't like Yamatai, then move away from it - the map is huge and full of uncharted systems and unrecorded planets, the vast majority of which Yamatai has no interest in (especially with the current war with the SMX).

There are only two other options besides the expansion mentioned above: 1) do nothing and let Yamatai's presence continue to annoy your economy and 2) Mimic the scariest of Yamatai's tech and then go to war with Yamatai, ulitmately resulting in a mind-warping arms race.

So, stop posting this stuff in the contribution forums. If anything the 'the world sucks' posts should be made in the discussion forums.
Zack is 100% correct here.

From the point of view that Carthage couldn't be afforded it would follow that CSEIA, Novacorp, and the like could also not be afforded by anyone.
Actually, NovaCorp mines 100k SRPs every two weeks and has the means to get more from Yamatai for making SA ships.

CSEIA is also trying to get some industrial help from the one-system nation known as the Abwehran Star Empire. Thus CSEIA will soon be able to have more resources.

And carthage has backing from private citizens on Nepleslia and an asteroid to mine SRs from.

The thought that is being debunked here would be that an organisation can't survive without massive support from an empire.

Zack is 100% correct here.

This might also be the only time you will see Wes type this.

Uso Tasuki said:
And carthage has backing from private citizens on Nepleslia and an asteroid to mine SRs from.

Nope, it only pretends to be. I saw no indication that Tom supported this. RazealK has made no roleplay which would achieve the means of contacting the Reds, or the Greens... or whatever other color there is with the goal of making the engagement and alliances even CSEIA has.

Still, the fact that it hasn't been roleplayed much puts it at a huge disadvantage.

I will admit I am not the best at RP and sometimes struggle for ideas. Usually stuff comes to me as scenes or a series of scenes for a movie or whatnot.
I am so much better at JP X_x

1, It does not boast a better laboratory than any Yamataian ship, at least I'd be uncertain about that. I suggest using some other phrase.

2, I'm not sure you should use the term ‘lovely'. Lovely is subjective and highly personal. These submissions are meant to be largely objective.

3, If the design was only finalized after the design of the Perry was approved how can it avoid the problems inherent in the Perry's construction?

4, What are the other fleets, just of interest?

5, Carthage Base? What is this? Has it been approved?

6, ... You haven't provided armour rating with your sections.

7, A ‘killer' surround sound stereo? I'd reword this.

8, Your Captain has a suite title but not a description.

9, And from the layout the officers have a larger room than the captain.

10, ‘Folding flush'?

11, What happens after two years?

12, So they don't get quarters on short missions?

13, Why does washroom come under recreation?

14, More detail on the mess halls would be good for RP purposes.

15, I do think that recreation has to be gone into in more detail for RP purposes.

16, To date for Carthage that is, right?

17, Details on what alloys used might be nice.

18, In a ship which contains a spa and other luxuries, why have maintenance areas which are uncomfortable?

19, Also it's ‘through', not ‘thru'.

20, Could be fun to know what actual technology is in the medbay. And given that lots of RP happens when people are injured it might be nice to have a description.

21, Are you using LED's for the illumination? Panel style?

22, How are the power armours stored?

23, Please, not Neutronium. A teaspoon of neutron star material weighs a billion tons (1.016 billion tonnes). Or more. And outside a star should explode.

24, Miniscule amounts? I doubt it.

25, Also – though, not thou.

26, Volumetric projection, not hologram.

27, 1,300? That's not so much an escape pod as a full blown ship.

28, How fast can it move?

29, I'm still really not happy with these Collapsed Dimensional Shields. As far as I'm concerned you're technobabbling. Dimensions don't really work that way.

30, Mercurite is a solid substance. How can you keep the shields up or down?

31, ... Tachyon particles really don't work that way.

32, If it's just anti-matter how does it annihilate 45 miles?

33, How do you generate and restore your anti-matter?

34, More details needed on shuttles to make them RP worthy.

Ok I'm editing the ship per your notes.
and the fleets are:
Dresden - Main Fleet
Izial - Anti-Yamatain/Mishu Fleet
Viridian - 1st Expeditionary Fleet
Galios - 2nd Expeditionary Fleet
Galios won't be built anytime soon.

Oh you'll see red alright.
Ok, so I actually updated the page this time. Sorry about last time, post mix up >_>.
Review please!

On the anti-matter beam, if you can change tachyon particles to subspace, I'd say this is pretty good for approval. Tachyons have had...issues lately.

Also, I'd like the list of questions above to be answered.

1, Tachyon's can't interact with matter, let alone transfer any FTL benefits to them.

2, How do you actually fire the anti-matter? Electromagnetic propulsion?

3, How do you generate your anti-matter?

4, How large is the actual kinetic force of the anti-matter? Note that FTL does nothing to change kinetic force.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back