• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Cavalry's Here

Kai Dukes

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
What do you call yourself
Kai
How'd you find Star Army/What interested you in joining
I got a sudden itch to roleplay after a few years of absence, and I've been digging the Sci-fi Military thing recently.
Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Once or twice a year or two ago. It only lasted about 45 minutes total though, so pretty new.
Any previous experiences you want to share?
Nothing particular.

Do you prefer
Q: Playing male, female or other gendered characters?
A: Male usually, but I might occasionally play a female character.
Q: Spontaneous or planned RP?
A: If by that you mean, planned out storyline or a dynamic campaign, it depends on the skill of the DM. A good DM can pull off a dynamic, but a new DM might have more of a tough time. Speaking from experience attempting to DM in D&D, if the DM doesn't feel comfortable it's gonna be less enjoyable for everyone. You do you.
Q: Military or Civilian characters?
A: Military 9 times out of 10, though I could see a civilian campaign working in the right setting.
Q: Humans, Androids, Anthros, or Aliens
A: Either Humans, Androids or Aliens. Nothing against Anthros or furries in general, just not my thing. May try it out in the future, though.
Q: Being on a starship or a planet?
A: I prefer being planetside, but I wouldn't mind being on a starship.
Q: Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
A: Real-time.

On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
Language: 2.5, I swear, but not to a ridiculous degree.
Violence: 2.5, My main motivation for roleplaying is to practice writing and I attempt to be a very descriptive writer.
Sexuality: 2, Not gonna come up in writing, so not a priority, but I wouldn't be against it.

What's something cool you'd love to RP
A large-scale war campaign with multiple planets and planetoids worth of species involved. Either that or something similar just with fewer species. Wouldn't be opposed to an intrigue plot either.

You want big wars, yamatai, welcome to sarp

I run neshaten aka land of foxes so given your answers it probably won’t be the first place you look but I’m always looking for players if you’re interested

Also to elaborate on the war things, as far as i can tell no plots anywhere have a grand scale like that its more just the crew of a ship doing things...

(Come join us on the discord if you havent already!) discordlink.jpg

If you like androids and cyborgs and general humanity as compared to anthros and the like the biggest star of that show is the Nepleslian faction.

Out traits are grit and grime and lots of crime. Its a generally more gritty side of the site where compared to the free healthcare, Love and friendship of yamatai; Nepleslias are hard-boiled cyborgs, mutants, and super soldiers who survived everything the setting has to offer by just getting down to business and 'Fighting gooder' than everyone else thats tried to square up to them.

They are the peaceful rivals of Yamatai (The largest faction on site and the host to all the anthros, catgirls, etc.) and are the second largest faction on site when it comes to size and power. Currently due to a demographic shift most of our plots are civilian based (In the form of Crimefest which revolves around an up and coming crime group performing... crime... And the 13th precinct on the other hand who are elite SWAT style doorkickers trying to curb the rampant crime in our faction.).

Our main infantry plot the 309th is being restructured by its GM and will return eventually leaving Nepleslias only military plots being the Aquila Flight based around fighter combat. And a couple ship based plots that are in the initial planning phase by newer GMs (we're always looking for more if you want to try your hand at being a Game Master in the future~)

So keep us in mind if you ever feel like venturing into our neck of the woods in the future. You can also make Nepleslian characters for other plots in other factions if you just want a mutant, Big Beefy super soldier, Or cyborg, Or the settings equivalent of surviving humans (Just called Nepleslians) in that plot if the GM for that plot is ok with it. Just like our world borders only contain the majority of a population, The rest travel and settle all over the place!

Welcome to the site and feel free to reach out to anyone here or on the discord through messaging them!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back