• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Chapter 8: The One Where Uso Shows Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack

Inactive Member
Kyopelinvuori
Sudran in SystemAzorea
Aaki's Office
Bukor 26, 942
08:00, Commonwealth Standard Time

The Conclave member, Aaki Loleth, of the Commonwealth sat at her desk, back turned to the door of the elevator in the center of the room. Her eyes were elsewhere. On the rain.

She watched as droplets formed on the ARTC windows built by the Iromakuanhe Astral Commonwealth for the lone city on the planet of the Azorean home system. She had been expecting someone and waited for the chime of the elevator to alert her to Uso's arrival.

*Ding*

"So, what exactly are these guys up to anyways?" Uso asked, stepping out of the elevator with Vier along side her. Uso's bodysuit and mish-mash of gear attached to her belt contrasting with the very well fitting, smooth, datapad-only Vier who was dressed much more professionally, a grey shirt and running pants giving her a bit of an athlete's look.

"This is supposed to be diplomacy. An initial meeting. No one is up to anything right now," Vier replied.

"Well, I mean yeah, but they have to want som.... HI THERE!" Uso said, spotting their host and giving them a wave.

Aaki's horns were perceptive, but they couldn't hear all of the conversation in the elevator. A snippet was heard though, as she turned in her chair and stood from her seat. She walked out from behind her desk and her ornate, detailed dress could be seen in full as she came forward, towards Uso and Vier. She bowed her head gently and then lifted it while looking into Uso's violet eyes.

"May our ancestors smile upon this day, Uso. Is there another title you prefer?" Aaki asked.

"Just Uso, the rest doesn't really matter," Uso replied, looking at Aaki, then Vier, then back to Aaki... "And that's Vier. She's our resident robot overlord."

Vier looked somewhat annoyoed with the comment, though she didn't correct it.

"So you're people are the bowing kind? How do you handle secret handshakes? Are there secret-bows that you're supposed to know?" Uso asked.

Aaki proceeded to imply it was time to sit by gently waving an arm towards the two chairs opposite Aaki's own. Once she had turned towards her own chair, Aaki gave a soft chime of a laugh.

"I hear you're a synthetic, but you're not of Yamataian culture any longer. I was bowing my head because typically Yamataians prefer an elongated bow. I thought perhaps something in between a bow and no gestural greeting at all was in order. Or is there some secret handshakes or bows the people of your planet do that I should be familiar with if I am to keep greeting you?"

"No, nothing like that... yet." Uso said, giving the notion some thought, "We're not exactly large enough that we have to worry about standardizing everyone's everything."

"Perhaps we should discuss why we are here." Vier said, trying to steer the conversation back towards something productive.

"I would like to know where you stand on the pan-galactic stage, Uso, in order to better benefit our two nations." Aaki told her this with a cool glance to Vier, then her blue eyes were back on Uso.

"Uh..." Uso said,

Vier was already bracing herself, her eyes closing slightly, aware of what was coming next,

"I'm really just doing this to keep from getting bored. It kinda started off as a 'hey, how far can I take this' and just sorta snowballed..."

"Although. We are comitted to improving quality of life in the western Kikyo sector. To do that we have been extending technology sharing agreements and economic co-operation to entities operating in the area." Vier patiently added.

Aaki nodded, saying, "I see, Uso. I understand completely Vier. I will talk to some people and see what agreements can be met for the expanding of your technological and economic borders. Until then, I have a request."

"OK! Here we go!" Uso said, leaning forward in her chair, her attention intently focused on Aaki.

"I will be attending a conference next year and I am trying to find the best gifts to purchase and was wondering if you have the connections to get me a crate of the wine your friend made. It was Morioka Naoko Bought This Bottle. I thought it would make a good gift, you see." Aaki said, looking between Vier and Uso now.

"Sure, I'm an expert getter of things. Just send Vier where you want the crate dropped off and I'll make sure it happens... though I suppose I should ask for something in return... Why are you guys hiding out so far away from civillization anyhow? Not that you aren't civillized, just that everyone tends to hang out in the same area while you guys are a bit of a trip. Doesn't seem like you've got much intrest in goings on in the Kikyo area." Uso asked... ranted... said. quickly moving from topic to topic as it suited her intrest.

Aaki nodded at the former statement about shipping the crate and looked to Vier while she did, then answered the next question after it had come.

"We tend to keep where we are and make sure everyone else keeps away. That is just a long-standing tradition of ours. I am even considered an expansionist for wanting to come so far South." Aaki's voice was warm and inviting.

"Perhaps, but how long is that policy going to last? You gotta be getting ready for the inevitable right?" Uso asked,

"To clarify, there is a benifit to working together. Though you may not be interested insuch agreements at this moment. Certainly there may be some plans in the future for such an occasion." Vier's response was much slower and deliberate compared to Uso's near rant and machine gun pace.

Aaki slowly nodded after Uso spoke with a pleasant smile on her face, then looked to Vier as she spoke and nodded with an air of understanding.

"I look forward to such a time. I will be in contact with you. Would you like to set up another time to go over them in person or is there a means of contacting you that suits you just as well?" Aaki asked.

Vier would wirelessly pass along their contact information...

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back