• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: SFS Chapter One, Part Two - Orientation

"Come on, don't be like that." Lisa said to Roy wit ha snicker. "I could run to my room to get my guitar. We set a nice animated campfire into the center of the room and all sing Boom-baya. It is gonna be fun." Lisa sat back and took off her beret and started circling it around on top of her fingers. "Oh and I promise you two won't have to hold hands or anything."

Adam looked to Roy, "You are seriously gonna clean this place up? And people say I have a problem. You seem like a good guy, really, but good guy's get walked over. Keep that in mind," Adam said with slightly more disdain than usual.

Roy smiled at Adam's mention of 'good guy's get walked over', knowing all too well he was right. Though Roy was indeed a 'good guy', the last guy to push it too far with him ended up on a dirty bar floor with glass shards embedded within the side of his face. He did however carry the poor man to the nearest hospital, propelled to do so by his 'good guy' conscious. The more they don't expect it, the harder the lesson they learn right?

"Yeah, I guess they do don't they? I'll keep that in the back of my mind, don't worry about me man." Roy said while his continuous smile streaked across his face. He went on to scan the room, fixing and cleaning any abnormalities. Soon enough, Roy had finished his run through of the room and walked back near the door.

"I'm glad to see you're all providing such wonderful advice for one another." Cloudheart reported, looking up suddenly from some distant corner of the room that'd caught her attention. She smiled gingerly for them once more and stood up to move for the door with Roy, extending an elbow for the young man to take. He was to be her arm candy, it seemed. Then again, it was hard to imagine how he'd look like any sort of arm candy hunched over at the height necessary to take her arm.

"Warmonger Hartley was telling me that Warmonger Simmons is what Nepleslians would call a 'stellar babe'." She informed them, causing PO Hartley to noisily clear his throat as he followed Roy's route through the room to ensure everything was Admiralty perfect. "So, would the three of you be so kind as to accompany me to your new berthings, a wonderful person named Harmonious Solarsailor. Perhaps an adapter can be fashioned for the 'guitar' instrument and we can all sit down to watch an amazing performance by Stellar Babe Simmons. Or perhaps one of you might teach me the proper procedures for popping and locking oneself? It's basically a cultural hallmark. Or so I'm told."

"And, uh," Hartley spoke up now, straightening his uniform somewhat, "There's also a firing range on board, this being the flagship. We got a lot of stuff, actually. Full metal shop-- Admiral Kuznyetski requested that, actually; a snooker room with three tables; and we even have soft serve in the pilots' lounge next to the hangar."

Roy looked down at Cloudheart who was at his side holding out her elbow for him to take. Her short stature would make it difficult for him to take her arm however, even for a somewhat below average height Marine like Roy. He thought of taking her arm for a moment but ultimately decided not to as walking around hunched would be a struggle and a half.

Roy instead offered a counter, "How about I carry you on my back instead? Or my shoulders if you'd like, you look light enough. Your spider bot can hitch a ride too." His eyes rolled from Cloudheart to the crawler as he spoke. Again his smile sparked across his face as he finished almost as if he was trying to infect everyone with it.

"I've already been to the Harmonious Solarsailor, my stuff is still there. We can still head towards it though. We can head to any place long as that place isn't here. Firing range, metal shop, snooker room, doesn't matter to me." Roy cleared off the fact that the current room bored him as he adjusted his field cap.

Last edited:
"Stellar babe eh?" Lisa said and walked closer to Hartley looking him in the eye. "Well that is a new. Maybe me and Mister Hartley should get together and discuss how I got this wonderful nickname. Maybe over a drink?"

Lisa's eyes went up and down over Hartley's figure and then she smiled at him. She gave him a slight wink and than looked back at Cloudheart.

"Well Nines-Oh, I don't mind playing. I would just have go grab the guitar and combo. All I need to make it work is electricity. So i assume from the way you talk about... him, Harmonious Solarsailor is a ship... living thinking ship maybe? I apologise if I make mess of things again. Anyway I got all my stuff in my cabin, not exactly easy to grab it all with me right away, not really ready for a move."

Adam watched and listened as everyone talked so casually about a ship that may or may not be 'sentient'. To not know anything about Freespacer's you would have to live under a rock which Adam did not. Though in reality his prior knowledge really was overly limited and riddled with rumor, speculation and gossip.

The listed activities on board completely bored Adam except for the firing range and machine shop. Previous to life behind bars his only real skills dealth with fighting. Since his time in the pen he had developed quite the hand at creating and crafting tools of war. While more skilled at ammunition and firearms he had a fair hand at making scary looking close combat melee weapons.

"I wouldn't mind seeing this machine shop that is on board. I could use some touch ups to my gear. Also, maybe a round of shots fired might help liven me up," he said with all the gumption of a wet cat.

"I guess if everybody can't make up their mind except Warmonger Edison, we'll just have to go to the metal shop and look at all the pretty metal getting butchered into new and exciting shapes." Cloudheart didn't use the word butchered with any sort of disgust, or sarcasm. Rather, she seemed to be trying to apply a Neplesli-ism. Having recently learned the word 'butcher' to mean that one was cutting the parts of an animal and making smaller, more functional parts out of them; she seemed to be trying to apply this now to raw sheets and ingots of metal as well. For a Freespacer, this made sense because often a Lodemucker or a Druidess would be able to mill out shapes in metal and bend sheets with the same ease that a chef could chop a steak with his cleaver.

Still, it left something to be desired in the telling and after doing a quick double-check of the room to make sure everything was perfect, PO Hartley jogged up behind them and joined in with his own impressions on the metal shop.

"It's funny, usually the Armory has a few tools for the purpose." He noted, crossing his hands behind his back as he fell in. "But, Admiral Kuznyetski is something of a hobbyist and he had it built so he could do his own gunsmithing."

"Metal shop it is then, should be fun to watch people hammer at metal until it turns into a gun. I'm kind of curious to see the shop myself. I would expect it to be pretty stacked if the Admiral is going to use it." Roy spoke as he trailed everyone else a pace or so behind.

Though Roy had never really expressed an interest within gunsmithing before, he had wanted to see how it was done. The idea of creating firearms as a downtime appealed to him increasingly with each step he took. He decided he would give it a try sometime if he found the trip to the shop interesting.

"Oh that sounds like fun actually." Lisa said as she followed others. For once without a cigarette. Instead she played with her beret trying to make it fir the right way. Even after all these years, she missed the garrison caps that navy used. Not that beret was a bad hat, but Lisa just looked better in garrison cap and she knew it.

"I have never made a gun before, I might try to find time to do it." The tech-sentry said with a grin. "Maybe something simple for starts, like a shotgun or a revolver. Hmm the possibilities."

"Well, I'll tell you, there is a great feeling when you make that perfectly personal calibrated weapon," Adam said almost wistfully. "Or that slight modification that is just yours alone. In the pen, I mostly made parts for the military but I would make the occasional prison self defense tool as well."

He briefly remebered a few of his more deadly implements and the inmates they helped eliminate. Adam haddone a lot of bad things in his time and he was honestly glad his life had turned around at least a little. Now he got paid to murder, that was a step up.

"Well I know well how to calibrate weapons. I mean making a gun from a scratch. That is what interests me." Lisa replied to Adam with a shrug. She put her hands into pockets as she walked. "And I mean like a proper rifle, not just a shiv. Anyone can make a shiv."

"It's true, anyone can make a shiv," Adam said half looking at Roy. "I mean though that, when you cut, assemble and fit together just right that rifle you or pistol you imagine..." Adam whistled lightly in satisfaction, "nothing feels better."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back