• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Characters and Me, a question

Ericnox

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
So, I have noticed there are either very few, or none that I have actively seen, players who are Trolls. So, my questions then, are rather simple: Would it be allowed for me to play a Troll character? Can I play one who is in the Nepleslian Military? Thank you for your answers.

The reason is because there's basically little to no information to go on as far as playing them so they're not really recommended for new players. But if you really want to play one, that's cool with me. Go for it. I don't see any issues with a troll being in the Nepleslian military. They're mostly from Yamatai and will be rare on Nepleslia but Nepleslia has all sorts of random aliens there so he should fit in fine.

I want to get confirmation from @Legix on having a Troll in the NSMC, since this is my plot. I don't have a problem with this, but he's the FM.

I also share Wes' reservation, and must reiterate them, that I do not think it is a good idea for new players to be playing a Troll.

I notified Legix on Discord so if he has something to say, he can say it.

My philosophy is that I err on the side of fun over the side of caution when it comes to stuff like this. I'm not interested in shooting down any ideas that I don't have to because that kills the enthusiasm and I want people to have the most fun possible on my site so they become regulars.

I take a similar side as Wes generally (albeit sometimes more cautiously) but in this case I’m okay with the idea. It’s not as if we wouldn’t accept trolls, but it’s very likely your troll wouldn’t know many/any others. As far as I know he’d need to be on exchange from Yamatai or his family moved to Nepleslia before he was born. The latter would mean that he was likely the only troll as most of them ICly are a reclusive/small race of Yamatai.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back