• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Cinematic with Wolfe

RaWolfe

Retired Staff
Hey all,

I've been pondering about doing this for quite some time and with the new year, I was like, well why not. So the general idea is that I like going to the movies, I went in 2019 to 19 movies and some were good, some were bad and that is something I would love to review in. Now don't worry, I won't go spoiling things, that is not my way. No, I simply give my honest opinion of the bigger picture. Now I already went with three movies this year (and the month is not even over dang), and I will start with this. Keep in mind, this is purely my opinion, you can make your own judgment of what the movie is good or bad.

Storyline⭐⭐⭐⭐
Presentation⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Actors⭐⭐⭐⭐
SummaryThe movie I have been looking forward to since the new year started, but why? Well, there are not so many stories that make the daring move to go into the deep of exploring the world war I scenery. Plus the whole promise of doing the camera action differently than usually made me more excited. And man, I can tell you it did exactly as it promised, let's start with the storyline. The storyline was having plot twist after plot twist based on the horrors of that time. Seeing the actors struggle every moment as the movie progress was, well beautiful to see and then there was the presentation. Their idea was to capture the moment of the movie with only one camera, follow the actors as they walk through the story, it was mind-blowing and very tense as if you were right there. Overall the actors played their role very well and I had to keep my tears in as much as I could.

Dolittle
Storyline⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Presentation⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Actors⭐ ⭐ ⭐
SummaryI think the case with this movie is that Robert Downey jr. is portraying a role that is not something related to the avengers and where people are too quick to jump the gun and say that it is not a fun movie to watch as he did a bad job. But I do tend to agree that there was something off on the actors, it was enjoyable to watch but it seemed a bit forced here and there. The other aspect where, even I, people get to use to is Dolittle. The story that a doctor suddenly can talk to animals with Eddie Murphy is not the same setting. People have to let go of that story and embrace this setting for what it is, something different and I like it but also here I feel it could have done so much more.. The presentation, the animation of the animals and the interaction with them was done with great care and it was great to see it. Overall I think this would be a fun family movie.

Bad Boys For Life
Storyline⭐ ⭐
Presentation⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Actors⭐ ⭐ ⭐
SummaryThe movie that had hits in the past, that had the Bad Boys Bad Boys theme song and what made Will Smit the legend of today (Well there were other movies). It is somewhat of a let down in this movie, the story itself was very predictable, it was on some moments just boring to watch. I can't really say that I was sucked into the story. The presentation was good, fancy cars, big shootouts and the portraying of the bad boys in the modern time met all requirements. The actors, well the boys kept their humor into it, at best I think that was the best and fun part of the whole movie. It had the old bad boys vibe and I think that saved some points in my grading.

Birds of Prey ( And the fantabulous emancipation of one Harley Quinn )
Storyline⭐⭐⭐⭐
Presentation⭐⭐⭐⭐
Actors⭐⭐⭐⭐
SummaryAh, I would lie if I didn't say that I go with a heavy heart to the DC movies. I guess it is a personal taste, but DC pretty male actors just ...don't do it for me if the story, acting (well not always) and presentation just is meh? Though I do notice the following, when a woman star DC movies come, DC is getting back from their sour previous movies. An example is Wonderwoman and this one, yes my critic's eyes, ears, and gut feeling have only praise for this movie. Now I got to admit, I didn't go full 5 stars as you got to swing the homerun for it, but this movie gave me hope to DC future movies (or at least female leads...). The story is solid, it continues where the joker (another $*#& movie) but picked up smooth and nicely made the transition by the actors to their own movie. The actors really played their roles great, the presentation....well I did 4DX and I got a lot of wind, shaking and water into my face. So I liked it, hope you all too!

The Call Of The Wild
Storyline⭐⭐⭐
Presentation⭐⭐⭐⭐
Actors⭐⭐⭐
SummaryI saw the trailer a few weeks ago and it caught my attention, I mean it got Harrison Ford in it and the story seems interesting. Now upfront I will state that this movie is really a family movie. I didn't really realize it until I enter the cinema and saw the kids. But hey that won't stop me from watching the movie right? My other mistake is that I watched the movie in my own language, trust me it is really weird to see Ford talk Dutch, see the original (for those living in non-English countries!). Now the movie, it kinda reminded me of Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey, not the same story but that vibe. In my far opinion was the story not that strong as it felt mini-stories linked to each other. The presentation was beautiful, you could see Buck (even if animated) clearly act like a dog and yet bit the edge of cartoonish, I liked it personally. The surrounding, nature, and behavior of the area was well thought out. Now my other average point would go to the actors, they had to short of screen time, maybe intended due to the short story vibe, but it felt a bit rush through. All in all, I would give it an average of 6 out of 10 and a good family movie.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back