• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Civilian Petition] A Call for Freedom

Exhack

Inactive Member
Public Communications... source from !P0LY$3NT13NCE \\ !N0D3... [[UNKNOWN]] \\ !MULT1PL3 PR0X13$ D3T3CT3D...

From: Codespinner Deneb Kaitos Schemali Nine-Nine 99-2257-72
To: Nepleslian Senate, UOC Assembly
Subject: Freespacer Prisoners in Yamatai

Attached: Neppetition.stf, UOCpetition.stf

This has been a stressful and ravaging many days for my kin and myself that have chosen to live in the DIoN since our first encounter with the Nepleslians. My name is Deneb Kaitos Schemali, and I am a Freespacer.

For the sake of a young meatbag who lives for his people and the sake of knowledge, please understand. I am not a terrorist, a radical or a criminal, and the vast majority of the people slaughtered in my people's travelling space were no different. I am a scholar of the machine languages by trade, and a philosopher at heart, who in spite of the horrendous unforgivable violence that has been committed under the starry banner of your parent nation, wishes for things to be resolved peacefully.

I can neither confirm nor deny that an unnamed Hacker Cultist made any informal deals with the Mishhu warlord Mellisson, but I can advise you that there has been a severe breakdown in the thinking of the people who made decisions after the meeting was brought to light. I can give my assurances that this isolated Automata had made no agreement with the monstrous beauty, nor made any pledges. Had he attempted to do so, our networks would have been rife with polls, debates and digital paraphernalia over the issue.

Secondly, during the first Halna purge, the group operating on the pirate moon was known as the Guild of Cyberempathy, not affiliated. They are abolitionists with passionate dislikes of slavery and the crude senseless violence of common thugs, but do operate in certain less than legal channels. A militia of well-organized opportunists seeking to make profit, create order in the criminal sector of this region, and happened to be entirely unaffiliated with the Hacker Cult. The attack on this planet was not only unintelligent and uninformed in excess, but bloody, senseless and barbaric.

The repugnance of these acts reached their zenith during an unprecedented assault on our systems, which (should you choose the believe the numbers) left a great many Yamataian worlds defenseless for a scant few minutes. I have still received no messages from Freehold Factory, which mysteriously lost communications access several minutes into the battle. My kin are of the crafty sort, so I expect that a number of them escaped safely. However, thousands of survivors from the Great Lighthouse Massacre and Second Halna Purge were taken away to various prison facilities across Yamatai, most of them being civilians whom were unable to escape though a gate or by ship.

I am unsure of how they are being treated, but SAINT is a devious monster, draining away at the will and minds of those prisoners, and will likely wish to poison the well of my people's knowledge (Polysentience). While Yamatai's conventions publicly denounce the mistreatment of prisoners, can you really trust the bloody hands of Star Army of Intelligence to uphold them when those laws become inconvenient? I request that, in the name of freedom and justice, your governments confront Yamatai about this situation and bring about the liberation of these poor souls.

Enclosed is a petition that I ran in both of your nations over public datanetworks, though I have not checked the number recently. And forgive the use of proxies. I may have made myself a target in doing this, and sincerely wish to live long enough to see my fellows free.

A sincere thanks for your time,
CDKS 99-2257-72

Code:
"Let 'em deal with their own problems. It's not like anybody helped us when Yamatai jumped down our throats, and it's a goddamn miracle those bumblefucks didn't lump us with the 'Spacers."

- Flint Vanderhuge

Code:
"What the Grand Admiral means to say is that this situation is not as simple as it sounds. We cannot simply fly over to the Ketsurui and ask that they release prisoners. Yamatai is already in a huff after that utter fiasco at Halna, and the forming of the UOC. Throwing gasoline on an already impressive fire isn't wise at this point in time.

I understand their want for freedom and justice of their innocent civilians, but now that they know the Yamataians through experience, they must understand the conflict we present ourselves upon acting with this request."

- Edward Vanderhuge

RPG-D RPGfix
Back