• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Civilians in Camouflage?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
A friend of mine wrote:

"So, I just heard something on TikTok and wondering what people think. This lady says she hates when people who haven’t served in the military wear camouflage. She thinks it’s disrespectful. I never even thought about it. But, what do y’all think?"

I replied that I am an Army veteran and yeah, it sometimes bothers me just a little to see pieces of actual uniforms e.g. OCP Blouses badly worn and mixed. It is not a big deal but it is kind of cringey. But it is not my business to tell other people how to dress.

I guess the reason is we spent years taking pride in making sure we looked right. Also the more patches and distinctive insignia (rank patches, unit patches) the more offensive it is IMO. No one cares about cargo shorts made of old BDU pants but a jacket with a veteran's name and rank still on it is wack.

What is your thoughts about this?

Where I live everyone is wearing Realtree 24/7 anyway so pretty much everyone is already invisible.

I have never cared so long as someone isn't doing it to gain something. Those are typically the ones going all the way and not someone just wearing the jacket and pants with civilian boots because it is convenient work attire.

You can get it all cheaply online. Even in China of all places, lol.

TLDR is I don't care and I go after thieves and those trying to get famous by "defending my honor" equally.

I'm not former military, but wearing camo because you were hunting or whatever is very normal. There are a lot of people who wear it because it is convieniant. I wear it to play paintball. Long as it's not stolen honor, you are good.

I mean I guess it depends on the context. Are they using it for larp, airsoft, or paintball? If not is it one of those camo t shirts they buy from a clothing store?

I see no prob with those, it's when their outwardly lying about being in the military that I have a problem

I mean I guess it depends on the context. Are they using it for larp, airsoft, or paintball? If not is it one of those camo t shirts they buy from a clothing store?

I see no prob with those, it's when their outwardly lying about being in the military that I have a problem
I mean, if you're at an airsoft game wearing a realistic uniform more power to you. An airsoft game is a closed environment, like a movie set, and everyone knows what's up. But I wouldn't want to see someone wearing a faux uniform to like, Denny's.

I mean, if you're at an airsoft game wearing a realistic uniform more power to you. An airsoft game is a closed environment, like a movie set, and everyone knows what's up. But I wouldn't want to see someone wearing a faux uniform to like, Denny's.
oh yeah no if your wearing that at dennys out in public your either a vet on leave, a vet there for veterans day or a asshat there to get free shit on stolen valor

oh yeah no if your wearing that at dennys out in public your either a vet on leave, a vet there for veterans day or a asshat there to get free shit on stolen valor
You aren't supposed to wear your uniform on leave or off post off duty, actually. Or you weren't when I was in. If you lived off post you were supposed to go straight home and get into civilian clothes.

I remember you could wear your service uniform when traveling. But once you are done or doing something official (recruiting), off it goes.

I remember you could wear your service uniform when traveling. But once you are done or doing something official (recruiting), off it goes.
if reporting to a new station or traveling on gummint dime, and should be class b

RPG-D RPGfix
Back