• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Clouded Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack

Inactive Member
With the tour of the ship finished Harm returned to the labs that had been rented for her and began her task of keeping their secrets secret. "Ok everyone, I get to do my job before you all get to do yours. Head to your rooms and wait there until I finish up." Reluctantly the entirety of the group left within a few minutes so that Harm could work all by herself. She walked through the multitude of crates in the room, her fingers trailing over each descriptive marker placed on the side until she came to a certain label. Her hands turned the dials on either side of the crate and flipped the hatch open, removing a few bulky pieces of machinery. As she shifted around to distribute all of the weight on her left arm, her right began to feel around on the wall with her eyes closed, using the sophisticated scanner to locate any internal sensors that might be present

"What are you doing Harm? It tickles." Kip appeared in his normal form.

"You'll have to forgive me, I don't trust you enough to believe you'll disable your internal sensors on your own initiative." She said as she continued her scans.

"You don't trust me?" Kip had a shocked, hurt expression on his face. Single tear formed in the corner of his eye and swelled to ridiculous proportions.

Harm came across a small audio recorder by following the electricity paths through the wall. She withdrew a small disk shaped tool from the device and placed it against the wall to disable the device by obstructing its power flow, "It is not personal Kip, strictly professional." Harm said as she continued her scans.

Kip grimaced, as if in pain "That ... hurt."

"Oh come on, it won't hurt you that badly... besides if your good for me during this I just might be nicer to you," Harm said as she continued around the walls, placing more and more of the disk like objects to obstruct the power flow to various internal sensors.

Kip's body began to distort, becoming less clear "I can't hear you, can't maintain..." He disappeared.

Harm kept up her work, “Kip, Can you hear me?â€

A voice came out of the ventilation system. "That was very rude. And painful. Do you have any idea what your form collapsing feels like?"

Kip did not sound pleased

"I can imagine," Harm said as she walked down the hallway with no particular destination in mind, "Is there some way I could make it up to you?"

"Surprise me." Kip appeared in a puff of smoke, dressed in a dark cowl, and with a baseball cap. He was carrying a quarterstaff for some reason.

"Maybe I'll give you extra sensors in my shower?" She said with a wink, "Like I said that was nothing personal."

"I'm sure. Although it still hurts like a tooth ache. You didn't exactly use subtle methods. The shower idea sounds most intriguing." Kip brought a video recorder into existence with a wave of his hand and a laugh.

"Well now, looks like your quick to find ways to pass your time," Harm said as she tried to pick up the video recorder.

"'tis true. Don't get bored that easy. Playing games of chess and formulating games of chance and working out how to cheat at them takes up a fair amount of my time. That and keeping up with current events, all of them." The camera was solid, but not functioning.

"Ah, remind me to not bet against you then," Harm said, making a turn down a random hallway.

"Don't bet against me." Kip laughed "At least not on this ship, where I control all." He wiggled his fingers spookily "Except that lab of course. Or at least I can't see in it, so anything I did would likely blow the place up."

"Well, please don't blow anything up. I'm sure you'll be just as disappointed with an explosion in there as me," Harm said, coming to a conclusion to head to her room and making a turn in the right direction.

Kip appeared to have to think about that, worryingly "I suppose. Although explosions are always fun. That lab is sophisticated though, so I probably won't. You might want to note that I still control the air recycling systems, and thus the atmosphere of the room though." Kip created a oversized d20 dice that began to spin at great speed in his hand.

"The worst you could do is send in nanomachines to spy on us. I'm not to particularly worried about that," Harm said as she stepped into the lift.

"Worst? Oh now your challenging me. I could easily use goo, or replace the oxygen with sulpher dioxide, or worst of all make it 20% helium." Kip rolled the dice in mid air coming up with 23.

"So are you anything like your programmer?" Harm asked.

"No. Did some research. He's a Neek. I'm not. I'm a bit more like Ephesus really. Trying to work out why." Kip broke the dice into 23 one sided dice.

"Well I would say dropped on your heads as children but for you that really isn't a possibility," Harm said as the lift closed its doors and moved down to the crew quarters

"Could have happened to Ephesus. No-one knows what happened in his childhood though. It's part of his charm." Kip conjured up a picture of Ephesus

Harm committed the picture to memory, "ah, attracted to the dark and mysterious type are we?"

"Somewhat. And the light and innocent. I'm not choosy of the type, just the person. Ephesus is a fine guy though. Brilliant you know." Kip had a faraway look in his eyes "Things have become less interesting now he's gone."

"So where did he go then?" Harm asked, "I might just have to look him up sometime."

"He's moved to the Destiny, along with most of the other interesting people." Kip sighed "I'm getting lonely with the lack of notable characters. That's partially why I'm paying so much interest in your group ... and you of course." Kip took a sad smile.

"Scientists should really stay in their labs," Harm commented rather matter-of-factly, ".... I guess I should be flattered by you taking so great in interest in us even though that makes my job a bit harder and more interesting."

"Job's should be interesting. Mine is, so many little people scurrying around, each one so tiny, so insignificant, so defenseless ..." Kip's voice faded away "In any case, if you could find me a hard job I'd be grateful, and pleased to help you."

"You really should never say how hard you are," Harm said, "Surprise is half the fun of things."

"Moi? I'm as hard as nails!" He transformed himself into a figure made out of what appeared to be fluidic steel.

Harm got a laugh out of that one. "So what are you made of anyways? Not your body... your mind?"

"Thoughts, emotions, fundamental buildings blocks and concepts, hyper-dense nano-etched circuitry, the works. What's YOUR mind made of?"

"Stuff... Can't say what it is really made of if I don't know." Harm said.

"And yet you expect me to know mine? Interesting." Kip turned into a giant floating brain with a mouth "This might be similar to yours though."

"Just curious, I've never met a completely artificial computer that behaves like you," She said

"I'm unique. Now try this for size" Kip turned himself into a perfect copy of Harm, down to her voice. Giving a whirl he/she said "What do you think?"

"It has been a long time sense I've been impressed by an assembler trick." Harm said, "Besides, you make my butt look big."

"No it's accurate." Kip looked at his/her butt "You just happen to have a nice arse."

That got a laugh out of Harm, "So just how accurate?" She asked, unable to resist feeling the stomach and chest of her alternate self.

"Perfect." He/she purred "My scans are total here, and allow to recreate you with complete accuracy."

"Never make a detailed scan of me," She said in all seriousness, withdrawing her hands.

"Fine." Kip reverted to his ordinary form. "Your objection to scanning has been noted, registered, and detailed scans will not be made." His tone was almost machine like, his body lacking emotion.

Harm retained a serious posture for a few more moments before a smile returned to her face, "Sorry, its just that my insides are a bit sensitive."

"Alright. I deleted all memory of such scans." Kip relaxed, a soft smile dancing over his mouth and eyes. "I understand that sensitivity can cause pain."

"Well being sensitive isn't always bad," She said

"I'm sure." He smirked slightly.

"Speaking of sensitivity, just how sensitive are you? This may be a bit personal but how many functions of life can you imitate?" Harm asked as she neared her room.

: "With these projections I can 'imitate' pretty much anything. Sweat, heart-beat, breathing. Everything your genuine organic can do, and more."

"interesting, So do others get the same kind of treatment as me? or am I the only one who will listen to you for this long?"

"I can produce multiple versions of myself, all over the ship, but your the most interesting person in your group, so your getting the special treatment." Kip smiled gently

Harm nodded, "If you say so. The rest of us should be arriving shortly."

"I'll keep a few thousand eye's out then." Kip developed a third eye in his forehead.

"Well it has been fun, but I need to get some sleep." Harm said, "We've got a long day tomorrow."

"Right. Good night then Harm. Sweet dreams." Kip smiled happily and disappeared in a column of light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back