• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Closed CM Corp Manager

These suggestions have been dropped by the suggestor or rejected by staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charaa

Staff Member
🎨 Media Gallery
Corp Managers have the authority to approve articles relating specific corporations no matter where they are posted in. They like their Faction Manager counterparts are limited in their authority to their corporations they had created, or have been given control over. Whether or not a Faction Manager can overrule them should be discussed amongst the staff.

The reason why I asked for this was to make it official and I wasn't sure if it was a thing or not.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If it is in the same fashion as it goes currently then I am fine with this idea. Ofc related to corporations that are fully accepted and approved get this stamp ;)

Examples I mean:
Character Mods + Faction Manager (if needed) = check off Characters
Setting reviewers + Faction Manager (if needed) = check off settings submissions
Setting reviewers + Corp Managers (if needed) = check off corporate related submissions

It looks like this idea isn't that popular, so I'm going to close it. If I had to guess why, I think it's probably some combination of these things:
  • People think there's enough titles on SARP already without having ~20 CMs. Basically a chiefs vs. Indians thing.
  • It would potentially take control from FMs over item approvals for corps in the faction OR result in 3 approvals needed per submission, slowing the process down
  • People like that corporations are background elements for everyone on the site to use (subject to faction manager oversight), and think they probably shouldn't be "controlled" by any player except through roleplaying the corp's leadership characters.
tl:dr: Would add complexity and perpetuate unhelpful "This part of SARP is exclusively mine" philosophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back