• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Concluded Coffee, Pastry, and Terrorists

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
RP Location
Old Tokyo, Tanaka Sweets Cafe

Part 1: Memories of A Kind Old Peacekeeper​

Tanaka Sweets Cafe​

Old Tokyo, Jiyuu III

It had been two years since Tio and his friends hid away at Mrs. Tanaka's Cafe, it was hard to believe so much time had passed, not that it mattered serving a life sentence tied to the service of the military. Shoreleave had been awkward, most of the time Tio didn't bother returning to the family home at all, let alone Asagumo-jo or Motoyoshi-jo, as much as he wanted to see his son he knew he would never be given a moment alone with him, a sentence he figured was well deserved considering. Tio passed the window to the Cafe's kitchen as he walked through the alley, the window was still broken from the shot that had killed Mrs. Tanaka, a reminder that even the kindest of hearts could be snuffed out in an instant. Tio continued to the front door of the cafe and placed his key in the lock and turned it. He had not been there since he bought the place, his duties on the Mazu had to come first - even before his own wallowing in the past. The little bell jiggled on the door as he opened it. The place was as one would expect after being closed up for two years, dusty with the scent of mold in the air. The former Prince tossed down his duffle bag and closed the door behind himself. He looked around, the lights flickered and power was restored to the cafe, there was a flash over his right shoulder as his KAIMON Ascendant Companion activated, and took the form of a frog wearing a rather ridiculous top hat - at least he could still make someone laugh. It helped guise those who laughed at him in with those who laughed with him.

Tio unzipped his duffle and pulled out a bottle of water and headed towards the living room-like area with the rocking chair where he had spent several nights running from the Tange and the brainwashed followers of his now deceased sister. He was not surprised his family had killed Kiyoko when they found her, he wouldn't be surprised if they finally decided to end him as well - something told him though that Taro was enjoying his punishment, serving in the Star Army as the perfect way to draw that out. He popped the top on the bubbly water and took a long sip as he leaned back into the chair and started to rock slowly back and forth. Maybe he should have taken Tachiko up on some better leave plans, but eventually, he would have had to of taken some time to put some work into this place - he needed something, anything away from the rest of the clan where he could be out from under their thumb. Cobwebs dangled from the light fixtures, and the place was a mess. He looked over by the sofa where Eisuke had slept most nights, there was a pillow and a sleeping bag on the couch - had someone been crashing there? Had Eisuke or his brother maybe come back on their leave as well? It was strange but Tio didn't have the desire to get up from the chair. He just wanted some time to lose himself in his own thoughts.

The former Prince had followed his mother's new career as Premier, not shocked that she was already causing a commotion. It didn't take much genius to figure out what had triggered her, the views of that Elysian Senator were something Tio knew all too well. It always looked good on paper, just like it had with him in those early days chasing after that Tange Senator that had turned his entire life inside out and then birthed him a son he'd now never raise. Tio never voiced anything political since he returned to the fold, he knew better. It was Motoyoshi's traditions and philosophies all the way, even if in his mind he still believed in the utopia he once preached - damn Kiyoko and her Tange followers for their treachery. They were the reason this cafe was so empty too, he missed that motherly-like treatment of Mrs. Tanaka filling his cup and listening to what he had to say. She was more of a mother to him than Katsuko was, he liked breathing though so he always put on a smile when she called to check on him during deployment. To do that impossible woman proud, now that would be something he could only dream of.

He closed his eyes and began to drift off, he didn't even hear that trap door in the floor open.

Last edited:
Coffee the sweet aroma of roasted beans was a universal smell of morning. Tio's eyes opened and his eyesight adjusted to the shine of the sun through the boarded-up shop windows. There was now a backpack on the couch, and that smell came from the main room of the cafe just beyond. Who was there? He went to reach up to rub his face but then noticed the tension of the binds on his arms. A moment of panic set in and he tugged harder at the binds and was unable to budge them. He tried to stand up but his legs were bound to the rockers of the chair. "Hello?" he called, "HELLO!?" he yelled as he struggled.

He could hear the creak of the floorboards, and the metal clank of a spoon set down on the platform of the coffeemaker behind the counter. "Oh you're awake," the young feminine voice said as she came into view. The 5'4" woman wore a school girl-esque outfit with a navy skirt, white dress shirt, and vest jacket without any kind of insignia on it. She had powder blue hair and bright gold eyes, and looked to be a young adult and rather developed. The appearance was enough that it made him silent, it was close enough to make his blood feel cold in his veins. "I'm afraid if you're going to make a lot of noise that would not be good for either of us, I promise if you bring attention it just won't be me they throw in a cell," she said, "Alright father?" she inquired with a sly grin that stretched across her face from blush to blush.

It didn't take a genius after she spoke, after her choice of words. The terror that filled Tio's eyes was unlike anything that had been seen before. "Father? She... She didn't," he said with a sharp inward breath. His head spun with the racing of thoughts as he still tugged at the restraints. "How? Why?" he said in a fractured speech. Had Kiyoko really done what he thought she had? His eyes widened and he felt the need to try and yell again but he didn't. "Let...Let me go, I want no part of whatever this is. I'm not..." he said as she walked over and placed her finger against his mouth and shushed him with a rush of air from her lips.

"Like you need me to explain how sex or creation works. Are we going to reverse the roles? I'm Ahma, your daughter just in case you're not following," she said, not intending on getting an answer to that question. "Now I don't really like the idea of tieing you up, we can do this either the easy way or the hard way. I figure you got my mother killed so the least you can do is listen to what I have to say. I mean unless you want me to make this more public? I wonder what punishment you'd get from this? Something worse than serving in the Star Army I assume," she issued as the smile dropped from her face and she continued, "There are a lot of people that want you dead on both sides and I can at least assure you one side that might be willing to forgive and forget, provided of course you cooperate." She leaned down and placed a small kiss against his forehead.

"I..." Tio didn't have the chance to speak, she just belted him over the head and knocked him unconscious once more.

We will talk later, Daddy. I got something I have to do.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back