• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Forum Game Combat Loadout Thread

What's with you guys and your poor hygiene? Surely you could fit toothbrushes. :p

Hygiene becomes a secondary issue when power and water supplies become minimal. Conserving what little drinking water you have is far more important than having a shave or brushing your teeth.

All of you silly people are forgetting basics of long term outdoors. Needle and thread, iodine tablets, that kind of stuff. No point in packing 40 lbs of water to carry around, when you can pack 10 and the stuff to get more. :p

And because I don't feel like wasting my time resizing the image... link

ai42.tinypic.com_or19fm.jpg

Some stuff I put together. The weapons more or less are just for fun. The medical supplies I felt were necessary, anti-biotics, wound dressings, a small medkit and morphine syrettes just in case.

I also included a map, compass (Map and Compass Combined with Watch if GPS goes down for navigation), GPS, Satellite Phone and solar charger. An oiling kit, gun cleaning kit, toothbrush and paste. Also some line for snares and traps for food once the protean bars and MREs run out. Which is only about five days worth of food (One protean bar a day then MREs after they run out.) A bottle of water to start me off along with a canteen for more with iodine drops to purify. The can of soda serves a few purposes. One, it's sugar and caffeine so it's a bit of a morale booster, plus it can be cut in half to serve as a small stove, or other purposes.

The rags can use for wound binding if the medkit runs out, or be used in a fire combined with the coke can to make charcloth which will be useful in helping to start fires in the future. Flint and steel since those don't require fuel, lighter fuel to get me through the first few nights. A messkit, binoculars, flashlight and multitool along with a watch.

And a shovel for latrine duty, basic trap making for food and defense needle and thread, a fishing kit to supplement food and a knife to skin, or cut animals I've hunted for meat and hide. Also to whittle wood into shape for traps, and a spear for further hunting or defense. I also included a flare for signaling and duct tape since that stuff is useful anywhere. He's in woodland camo pattern clothing since I live down south and the area's fairly wooded. And bug spray, since frankly I hate mosquitoes.

result - Copy.jpg

My night ops team leader/survivor. He was supposed to investigate the zombie outbreak for the CIA but the team was attacked by mercs working for the people that created the outbreak. He is the only survivor and looks to get revenge on those that did this to him.

result2.jpg
A special forces soldier that was just in the neighborhood during the zompocolypse. Uses weapons that he scavanged from a overrun military base and supplies from the PX and medical supplies from said base. He decides to put his skills as an operator in the US Special Forces to help others. He resupplies his ammo when he can but he tries to save the food for others. A pretty selfless soldier and a dangerous hunter of Zombies. He can live off the land so he can help others with the supplies that he finds.

I'd like getting my hands on these things worst-case-scenario.
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 11.21.31 PM.png

RPG-D RPGfix
Back