• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Companion Story: The Missing Motoyoshi

RaWolfe

Retired Staff
RP Date
YE 43
RP Location
Yamatai
There are a lot of things to worry about, people that were not getting the Yamatai support they deserve to get, a military that is on standby rather than taking back what was rightfully theirs, or worlds that were simply cut off from it all. The Motoyoshi tried in the mids figure out the rightful course and there were a lot of trigger keys to deal with. It was not secret that Katsuko had a difficult job ahead of her. But her job might become even more difficult by the incoming dreadful news that will land on her lap.

Aida rushed past the guards with her small size and her fluffy orange tail, she wush the guards aside "Get out of the way" She spoke in a harsh tone of no mercy and when entering the main chamber that had Katsuko, two guards blocked the path that made her halt "No interruptions per the request from anyone by decree of miss Motoyoshi" Looking at the two women she narrows her eyes "If you want your heads rolling by keeping me away while there are family-level problems on the horizon, be my guest or get the fuck out of my way" The two guards look at each other and then back at Aida who they just notice wearing the badge of Keisatsu and stepped aside.

Without any mercy, she kicked open the door and walked into the room seeing that everyone that was in a banquet with Katsuko looking surprised as one spoke "I thought this was a private gathering where we could talk without interruptions" Aida ignored the man and moved to Katsuko side whispering in her ear "We have a problem, the Wakaba is gone no trace to be found" She backs off still looking serious at her boss.

Katsuko was about to scold Aida for her interruption until she whispered the news about the Wakaba, "I'm sorry, you will have to excuse us," she said to their host and quickly made for the exit beside the daur she entrusted with her personal security. "What do you mean gone? First, the Mazu goes missing for months only to return with reports of strange alien artifacts in the Yuuki System and now this," Katsuko said once they were free of the social setting of the banquet. "As much as I trust in Ayano's abilities as Taisho, I wish that it was her delivering this news and not you," the retired Taisho said, her eyes narrowing as she stepped near one of the windows that overlooked a garden outside. "Alright, let's try not to overreact, We will keep our ears open to see what the Star Army finds out in their investigation, if nothing comes of it and Wakaba doesn't return in a reasonable amount of time, we will arrange some corporate ships to task in a less official search," Katsuko ordered Aida, the civilian dress felt weird in such moments, it seemed she could be out of the Star Army but it was never going to be out of her.

She folded her arms and paused as she thought about the entire situation, "Just in case, maybe we should bring Auda in. Their mission was to the Tange System, last thing we need right now is for a situation of those damn terrorists taking one of our hostages," Katsuko amended her own previous instructions feeling the need not to wait for this to just resolve without meddling.

Reading the air, Aida kept her cool and nodded "There is more, automatic protocol kicked in after a 12-hour no response of the YSS Wakaba. The report state that the Wakaba dealt with an insurance ambush force that was located on an abandoned UOC station, terrorist was working together with Kuvexian remnants. Wakaba dealt with them and pursue the Kuvexian into the Ayumi Nebula" Taking a look around hoping no one was nearby and looked back at Katsuko "The Wakaba didn't report after 12-hours, the YSS Hizen took initiative and pursue the Wakab plotted course and last transmitted point of origin"

Taking a deep breath as she shrugs looking away "The Hizen has reached the point of origin only to find destroyed Kuvexian ships, they were not shot down by Wakaba but no trace has been found of any debris of the Wakaba" She gritted her teeth "Hizen wants to declare ...Taisa Motoyoshi Kazue and the crew of the YSS Wakaba MIA" She looked in her eye corner to Katsuko "That is how the message got to me as I picked it up. Your security is my task and anything that happens that may relate back to you is a ping on my radar. You will receive worth most likely soon from Taisho Motoyoshi-Yamada Ayano."

She turns to Katsuko and bows her head slightly "I ...I am sorry for trespassing these boundaries" She waited and knew what she did was beyond her own book, but she did it for Katsuko safety and never suspected intercepting the communications.

Katsuko's digital mind raced, as superior as they were they still had emotions and sometimes things were overwhelming. Kazue was important to her, her very decision to run for Premier had been finalized by the moments they shared in virtual. Tange. UOC. Kuxexians. Ayumi Nebula. It was like the puzzle of a nightmare was coming together in her mind. She was always good at hiding herself, but with everything going on it was a little harder for her not to storm into Star Army Headquarters to try and demand some kind of additional effort to find her sister. Katsuko hugged her arms around her own frame and said quietly, "You didn't trespass on anything, you did your job. You have nothing to be sorry for. Just update Auda and see what you can find out from Ayano and get back to me. Try not to make it sound like panic - the last thing I need is to be accused of being too emotionally compromised for the election." Katsuko knew she had to go back into the banquet, even if it was just for a short time.

"If you find something else out, come directly to me; I don't care if you interrupt," she instructed.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back