• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Conservation of the animals of SARP

GM post up and ready

Also, a question for you all, would you like a discord chat, where we can discuss stuff and maybe create creatures for this RP together so we can have a massive pool of creatures to pick from?

I can make you guys a channel on the SARP discord server, just say the word!

An excerpt from their wiki.
Behavior
The ranges of behavior for most Maulwurfhund is thankfully small, with most of them being extremely tolerant to the most aggressive being only territorial. This means that, when in the wild, the Maulwurfhund only attacks wildlife in its territory or aggressive humanoids. Due to its intelligence as a trained and genetically augmented animal, the creature often performs well in almost every environment both natural, familiar, and alien.

It should be noted that, when one acquires a Maulwurfhund, that the animal actually can understand Volksprache and enjoys being spoken to in its tongue. This is due to a genetic imprint of the language onto its mind, allowing even multiple generations-gone of the hounds to be as simple as walking into the wild and ordering it to heel.

Difficulties raising and keeping a Maulwurfhund, however, are also its strongest points. These large creatures enjoy burrowing and making underground homes, so one should have a large terrarium with enough room to act as an underground doghouse. If one does not have this, they might find the Maulwurfhund will start to claw at the floor of a ship or home, leaving scratches or delivering far worse damage. Their powerful nose also means that any unchecked food will often be pilfered by even the most well-trained of mutts.
And
Domestication
The Maulwurfhund is considered a domestic animal, even when born into the wild, until five generations has passed. After five generations without intelligent contact, the Maulwurfhund becomes akin to a wolf without the open aggression and hunting of humanoids. This ensures that, even though they might be wild, the species will not attack anything that vaguely resembles the Abwehran (or similar) forms. When one owns a Maulwurfhund, they should expect to need the following!
  • A 5x5x5 foot box of packed dirt or a 2x2x2 foot box and a blindfold for their Maulwurfhund (to allow partial burrowing sleeping)
  • A book or translator for Abwehran, to allow the user to train their Maulwurfhund with its naturally-trained language.
  • Tusk and claw cleaning-care kits, to allow grooming and trimming of them when they reach poor states.
  • A treadmill or open space to go on walks once a day
Common Uses
Thanks to their profound ability to dig and provide light, one of the most common reasons to own a Maulwurfhund would be to assist in mining operations or cave-dwelling. However, their large size and fierce biting capabilities also make them a tremendously well-loved guard dog for family homes and rich merchants.
TLDR: The Maulwurfhund can be genetically modified to fit environments quite easily, can be re-domesticated easily when left alone in the wild, can be extremely well-trained, and can endure various levels of gravity naturally, akin to the Abwehran.

They're also BIG BOIS who deserve MAXIMUM HEAD SCRATCHES.

My internet is out until Monday at least.

I will probably be dead soon.

I don't see how anyone can survive using only laptops and mobile data. This is certainly a fate worse than death.

My posting will be a bit sporadic but I'll try and get something up in the next hour.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back