• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Corperate Relations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack

Inactive Member
ON> Horizon

"Hello, Kip?" Harm asked as she left the LG lab, dressed in her typical form fitting black bodysuit. "Who would I talk to about having Nova Corporation market LG products?" She leaned up against the wall as she was talking, expecting a quick response from the rather interesting AI that ran this ship.;

"Well talk to me first, I'll pass it along to the right person. It's a throw up between several you see, depending on the exact nature. Stupid system." Kip appeared in a flash of light, a synthetic cat in his arms. It was purring very loudly, although it might have been Kip.

"I'm just looking for a simple arrangement, we provide products, your corporation markets and sales them and in return we get a cut of the profits. After all we need a way to help pay for the resources we are consuming." Harm said, "I guess I'll be conducting negotiations with you then."

"I think that might be best. And this sounds very interesting, hopefully profitable for bother our organisations." The cat was slowly turning into a dog. A pink dog. "Where do you want to conduct the negotiations?"

"Well we should use a neutral location where we both feel comfortable... how about my room?" She asked with a smile.

"Wouldn't exactly call that neutral." Kip mumbled, "Sure! That would be great! When?" The dog reached the size of a Dalmatian, then turned into a bird and flew down the corridor.
Harm chuckled slightly and left her spot in the hallway to walk back to her room. When the arrived she walked inside and sat down on the bed. Her room had not changed much sense Kip had last been inside (to her knowledge). The room still only had the basics of what it came with and a few unopened duffle bags. "So, Back to more pressing matters. How do I go about doing this?"

"Firstly, you outline what the Leistung Group will want for NovaCorp to sell there goods, then we discuss the goods themselves." Kip said calmly, creating a single perfect rose, and giving it to Harm with a bow.

"We only want a cut of the profits and continues good business relations." Harm said, taking the rose in one hand, half expecting her hand to pass through a hologram. "Perhaps we can negotiate for a closer relationship after this." With that she leaned back slightly on the bed, supporting her upper body with one hand holding her up behind her back.

"Good business relationships will not be a problem, or closer relationships, Nova Corporation," Kip wince, "Some high ups have decided to rename us, I'm going to remain with NovaCorp if that's alright, is interested in the continued good relations. As am I." Kip winked, the rose was as real as possible, and would remain so until Kip forgot about it. "What sort of cut would you be asking for?"

"20%" Harm responded, placing the rose down at her side, "That can be re-negotiated later after we see how well the products do on the market place."

"That sounds most acceptable. What sort of creations does your group have which they wish NovaCorp to sell?" Kip smiled charmingly, and created a comfortable chair for himself.

"The group was focusing on products for the civilian sector, mouth cleaning breath mints, spray on TV systems, lighters, restraining devices, and the like. We are also interested in passing on new designs to NovaCorp as they come up," Harm said, sliding a small memory stick out from under her wrist. "We prepared this list of products and specs, as far as we know its compatible with your OS."

"Very interesting. Very very interesting in fact. Especially this Hyperspace bag, I'd love to see how that worked. But the rest looks all very sellable. Do you have prices?"

"That is all to be left up to your marketing division," Harm said, "As well as production and the like. We are just providing the schematics."

"I'll be talking to some people about this. These are wonderful really. Oh ... can I ask you about something?" Kip asked, with a small amount of worry, deliberately imparted, on his voice.

"You may ask, but I might refuse to answer," Harm said, keeping her usual calm mode of talking.

"There have been Mishu attacks at Tani, and Hoshi no Iori, and we're around level to them. We're worried that we may be attacked soon. What are your thoughts?"

"I'm not to worried about them," Harm said with a smile, "My job is to keep the rest of the group safe and I can perform that task easy enough."

"We'll we're considering moving. We are not so stupid to think we stand a chance against the Mishu. I'm sure you've gotten your hands on their stats?" Kip held his head in his hands.

"I know about them," Harm said, not saying a thing about the where or how of the fact.
Kip laughed, he knew that Harm knew more than she probably should, he didn't care, "Well how do you think they'd fend against a Mishu attack? Honestly now, don't let the fact I helped design them have anything to do with your answer." Kip smiled.

"Who is they exactly?" Harm asked, not to clear on his question.

"The Kante's. You know of them?"

"I'm afraid my knowledge of that particular subject is somewhat lacking." Harm said, "Care to explain a little for me?"

"The Kante? I was sure you'd have gotten the information on them. NovaCorps new protection? Officially the Kante Military border monitoring station? Being deployed around the Fenyar cloud?" Kip shook his head, "Want that stats?"

"Yes please," Harm said, referring to the stats.

Kip opened up a screen in the air in front of her, with the stats on it. "Hope you don't abuse this or anything."

"Don't worry, I'll keep my abuses as limited as possible" Harm said with a smile.

"A weight of my mind, to be sure." Kip smiled back and waited for her to read it.

"Well, I've heard the SMX have lots of ships. You're going to need a lot of these things to mount an adequate defence." Harm said.

"True. We have 72 currently in position around the cloud. We are producing around 36 a day." Kip said with some concern. This was his life that he was really discussing, a Mishu attack would end it.

"That might buy you some time, or some breathing room, but don't count on it to save the horizon should an attack come." Harm said, still as calm as ever as if they were discussing nothing more than what to eat.

"I didn't think so ..." Kip sighed, "It may be necessary to move in that case. One of the good things about NovaCorp is that everything is mobile. Something to consider. I presume you wouldn't like to be on board the Horizon when they attack though?" Kip gave a weak smile.

"I don't plan to be, but my task comes before my safety," She replied.

Kip laughed, "As is always the case. Anyway, this has all been about me. How about you? How are you doing, have met you 'face-to-face' for what? A day?" Kip's mood changed, and became attentive.

"It has been a while," Harm said, arching her back slightly, "I've been doing all sorts of things in the lab... mainly keeping them in line, but that's not particularly to entertaining. I had a talk with a man named Kai, although I'm sure you were there as well even if we didn't see you. What have you been up to?"

"Not much. I can't remember that talk actually, maybe I was somewhere else. A painter no? In any case, I've created a new body. Want to see?" Kip said happily.

"That really depends on how much I'm going to see," Harm said with an entertained grin.

"Nothing indecent, I assure you." Kip smiled, a halo of light appearing above his head. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Harm said, turning to look at the door while suppressing a laugh at Kip's latest holographic addition.

The door slid open, and in walked ... Kip. "Good afternoon Harm." He said. The other Kip smiled proudly.

"Looks like your old one, I'm guessing this one is real? or at least more physical than the one I was talking with just a moment ago." Harm said.

"Oh yes. I'm solid, real, mortal if you will." The Kip in the doorway stepped forwards, while the other Kip, the hardlight projection, disappeared.

"Well now that is interesting," Harm said, scooting over and patting the spot on the bed next to her.

Kip sat down, carefully. "I find so. Being solid gives you an entirely new perspective on life." He smiled happily and charmingly. "Being effectively omnipotent on a ship is a wonderful feeling, but so is ... being physical I guess."

"So what physical body did you pattern yourself after? Geshrin I guess?" She asked.

"Android. This body is mechanical, made from carbon-ring and smart-material muscles. No more biologically real than my last, obscenely complicated, real, but not alive." Kip sighed, "I will someday make a biological one, but currently they couldn't even a fraction of my mind. Unfortunately. However I originally modelled my appearance on Geshrin."

"NovaCorp hasn't invested heavily into genetics research have they?" Hrm asked.

"No. PNUgen doesn't like competitors to our knowledge. Ephesus does research, he designed a genetically enhanced plant and is always coming up with new races and so forth, as am I, but creating them is more risky. We don't know what PNUgen's reaction would be. And downloading my mind might be seen as ST." Kip shrugged, "I'm happy with this body. The flesh is just like a persons, if stronger, just as sensative, and flexible. And looks lifelike, wouldn't you agree?" He asked earnestly.

Harm leaned over and put a hand on his arms, feeling up his skin and body. "And of course there is only one way to find out about PNUgen."

"Hiring spies? Not a great idea." Kip laughed, and readjusted himself for a more comfortable position, have senses was a blessing and a curse.
Her hand moved to his chest, as she continued with a smile, "That's not what I meant."

"Asking? What's the fun in that." It felt really good, physical contact was such a new thing to him, he turned his head to face her and smiled.

"I meant doing it and seeing what happens," Harm said with a chuckle.

"And risking the mighty PNUgen attacking us in our own ships? That would be an irony." Kip put his arm around Harms shoulder, "And of course our government likes to side with PNUgen. Disadvantage of having the Empress made by them I suppose."

"Well, fair business practices aren't exactly high on the governments priority list," Harm said, leaning against him.

"Treat them nice, and they'll treat you nice. I think that's the deal. Don't cross them, don't anger them, don't get on their wrong side. As long as you follow those simple rules, your fine." Kip said calmly, "I suppose preference for one company or another is understandable. They're only ... well not human, organic I suppose." Kip smiled wryly at that comment, "Still, all organics have an equal right to exist, and so forth. None are inherently better or worse."
Harm nodded, and decided to keep her mouth closed for the moment.

"Anyway, not important currently. Anything significant, or anyone significant, in your life currently?"

"I'm married to my work," Harm said, "But that's about it."

"And with this ring I thee wed." Kip smiled, if he'd been in his other form he'd have created a figure representing work and a ring, "Does work treat you well? Is it a good and loving relationship?" He said in a slightly light hearted tone of voice.

"Well, it treats me well but love is something that's always a bit distant." Harm said, still leaning against his body.

"Distance, how interesting it can be both physical and emotional." Kip smiled, "Sounds like you need someone to love you, or to care for you. Not that you can't look after yourself of course."

"Everyone needs something, and right now my work is the one caring for me and looking out for me. I'm used to distance and to making do with what I have," Harm said.

"Which is great for surviving. If you want more than to survive, it is important to feel close to someone. From my point of view that is. Just keeping yourself occupied ... well that's what I
try. It's not a great life."

"Perhaps, but I get more than just survival out of my work, enough to make this life worth while." Harm said.

"That's good to know. Finding a job one feels is right for them is always important. You can never be happy in one that isn't. And I'm glad you're happy. Hey what do you know, I can feel empathy! But seriously, I'm glad. Anything I can do to make your life more worth while? Some challenging puzzles that needed to be passed before access is allowed into the lab? Occasional fire drills for no reason? Or just some company."

"Well, happy has nothing to do with it," Harm said, "As for making things more worth while I wouldn't mind having your company around every now and then." She pushed against him slightly to lay down his body while she used his chest as a pillow.

He yielded to the slight pressure, and lay down, "And so my company is what I shall give you."

"You don't have anywhere to be do you? Well... this you at least." She asked, looking at him for a moment.

"Nowhere but here." He smiled, "My other self can take care of everything that might come up."

She nodded and moved around so that she was laying down again, using his chest as a pillow while she looked up at the ceiling, "Ok," She said with a smile and suppressed laugh, wondering if she was really falling for an AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back