• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Corporations Overhaul

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
For Reviewers:
Edit: Could this be moved to the Setting Discussion forum, please? I realized about five seconds after posting that I’d posted this in the wrong place. >.<

Last edited:
Neither CadetNewb nor Kai are actively roleplaying on Star Army, @Immortal Cyan. I’m not trying to disrespect Kai’s wishes - if someone doesn’t trust the Setting Manager with the things they create, then in my opinion they should remove their creations from the setting - but, well, “all corporations have a right to active staffers.”

@raz co-owns Akemi's.

One Two Red Blue is in corp: namespace but it is technically a charity, not a corporation. Charities should have their own section.

Saiga Psychogenetics Research Laboratories is not managed by Wes but by raz.

My stance is that people who are not participating should not be in charge of anything.

The official SARP rule is below:

When People Disappear
If a staff member, game master, faction manager, moderator, or administrator does not post in 30 consecutive days, we have to assume that they no longer have the ability to perform their duties; therefore, they will be relieved of them. If the member returns after a disappearance, these positions of power should not be restored until a reasonable amount of time has passed in which the member shows activity and good behavior.

Cadetnewb basically left the site in March and hasn't posted any RP since then. Kai has only made one post this year. I would say that they shouldn't be listed as the managers or Origin because a manager should be available to approve stuff and communicate with people in a reasonable timeframe.

As for the submission itself, I don't think there needs to be a seperate section for NPC corporations.

By the way, we could just automatically list all the corporate entries using the nspages plugin. It would be less detailed but far less maintenance cost in terms of time. If we did it that way we'd want to add a separate section to list managers.

It was said on March 7th that Cadet was fine with Origin going NPC, so it's an NPC faction and as the last actual person left on the site that was active in origin in the last few years I kinda agree with it going NPC. As for this all I don't really see what the problem with it as is.

@Wes - I've merged the NPC corporations and the PC corporations together; although using the nspages plugin would indeed be convenient, having to essentially duplicate its output - in order to list the managers - would, in my opinion, outweigh any potential reductions in maintenance cost, as the list of managers would still have to be manually updated.

It looks like this includes a ton of new rules and ways for someone to use to declare other people’s stuff non-cannon. I don’t want to have to worry about someone not liking the way I use one of their products in RP.

It looks like This also absolutely kills using NPC corps in RP.

Pretty much a hard No from me.

Looks like a great idea to me, we've needed this sort of thing clearing up for a while, since as it stands anyone can have a character walk into a corporation's HQ which has facilitated many, many JPs and destroy/commandeer/takeover the place. Obviously one character's action shouldn't destroy a useful RP element for no good reason like that.

People's creations are their own to decide the fate of since they put the effort into making it and that should always be the case, it makes sense to afford them a modicum of the same protection that most other setting elements are provided. Technology is already protected under factions and what are corporations but elements benefitting factions?

The article should include all corporations on SARP.

I guess this sort of involves me?

Anyway I don't have an issue with these rulings or guides or w/e you guys eventually decide to call them, I can't see a way it would break rp unless corps make faction specific gear which is another matter in itself, if a corp is making faction specific stuff then it's as simple as finding a different piece of tech and afaik it's always been like this even if not explicitly stated.

GH has it's commission line which is the only real restricted tech we make, essentially it can only be used by the entity who IC bought the designs and is not available to any other groups unless I make an exception in conjunction with the commission owner. All this article is saying in my eyes at least, is that people just have to let the corp owner know if they plan on using their stuff, and that we can't have our work destroyed as Eth said.

Now for an explanation, @Zack, I don't write any of this as a means to attack or contradict your statement or interpretation but I don't see how it gives people more ways to declare things non canon when essentially it is the CM who is getting more ability to control the corp's image. I'd like to be able to sit down and talk it over with you and try to see it more clearly from your perspective as the best way to resolve disagreements is to understand all the sides, no one is putting me up to this and I'm fairly well associated with many people all over the place, I just want to work towards getting people to understand each other and if it takes me years so be it but I have never come across an argument that can't be resolved in any group whether online or in my own community.

Sorry all for the rather large post but more or less I support the idea of a full list of corps other than the few listed in the nomenclature article, the CM rights don't seem overly restrictive or too lenient either. ^^

They look fine as-is. You don't need an FM's approval to simply list things that already exist. You would need Zack's permission if you were adding something new, though.

I'm not sure we really need to have rights for corporations...I would like more feedback from the greater SARP community on that part.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back