• 📅 May 2022 is YE 44.2 in the RP. 1 IC month = 1 OOC month for the rest of the year.

RP Cracked Skulls: Drop 1: Nell Liberation

RaWolfe

🎖️ Game Master
Retired Staff
RP Date
YE 43
RP Location
Space
Unidentified Nepleslian Ship
Black Fleet - LongWatch

Ships were gathering from the legendary Black Fleet, word has come out that the DIoN will act and even would go as far as to ask for support from the Yamatians after the events of the Third Battle of Nataria. Nepleslian blood had been spilled on various occasions and even though the war was over for these plebs of a Kuvexians, they might have their resources cut off from them they still had the balls to occupy their worlds, their resources, and their people. DIoN was sick and tired of waiting and finally made an act of their own with or without support from the other species in the Kikyo Sector. Worlds will be taken back one way or another, time to get your hand's dirty boys.

DutyCode Index
Team LeaderOperator Zero
Scout/Close Combat SpecialistOperator One
HellionOperator Two
Doctor/SupportOperator Three
Pilot, Demolitions, and Marine SniperOperator Four
AutoriflemanOperator Five

The list was pulled down by Bruce as he smirked seeing he was in black armor once again, the last time he was in this armor he was jumping starships while in combat while blasting the Kuvexians to pulp. Yet he approved with the approach that this war was long from over, sure the Kuvexians surrendered yet they had the selfishness to occupy Nepleslian and Yamatai worlds. While the Yamatai government was bitching about what to do next on this issue, it was the DIoN that actually had some sense in their brain that action did more than just words. Bruce was appointed as Operator Zero and he didn't know how he felt about it at first, but when he heard the details as what he could expect, well that was a whole different story.

Marines and another Nepleslian personal on the ship didn't have the balls to pick a fight with Bruce while he was wearing the IPG armor, he didn't blame them as the IPG was a feared department by its own definition and honor. He noticed a few other black suits and a grin came on his face when they approached. He narrowed his eyes trying to make out who is who, looking at the scar-faced dude "Operator One..." He points his finger to the next shady guy that was buff "Operator Four...." then the cyborg "Definitely Operator Three and that makes you Operator Two" Looking at the last guy that could punch a hole "Normally the IPG doesn't allow the face to face contact but seeing we been pulled out of our daily marine boring lives, they didn't give a fuck" He placed his hands at his side to lean on the box he was leaning on anyway "I am your glorious bastard Operator Zero, you all are on a FUBAR ride to old fashion Nepleslian justice, in IPG style of course" He winks and continued "I don't give one rat ass that anyone can hear me, thus we are outside.. close to the hanger bay of ...well I honestly don't know what ship this is. We will be jumping soon to Nellrun where we will be dropped off at Nell, it is a...." He makes a smacking sound from his mouth "Well...demonstration to the upper chain that shit basically can be done, our goal? Get on that fucking planet and fuck up some Kuvexian taking down their infrastructure then wave the glorious Nepleslian flag on some Kuvexian bodies while the Black Fleet jumps in the clean house. So ...questions?"

@SirSkully No idea what character you were going to use, but you will be Operator Five :) Tags for @Cowboy @demibear @Charmaylarg Dufrain @Damaske (do get the character approved before the posting Damaske ;) )
 
Last edited:

Charmaylarg Dufrain

🦾 FM of Nepleslia
🎖️ Game Master
While considerably demure in stature compared to most Nepleslians; Minnie Valentine was hardly a figure to be ignored. This was doubly-true now after her psuedo death and rebirth thanks to the efforts of the NYRDs in the form of her fully cybernetic body.

So with the slight tint of machine-sound in her tone it cut clear into the room when she flat out said "No."

It was more to herself than any one singular occupant of the room. As if she couldn't possibly believe the mess she had gotten herself into now.

This man was clearly, despite Valentines' lack of knowledge of the language, what the cat-lovers would call a chuuni. Way too vocal, proud, optimistic, daft, and blinded his own delusions of grandeur to see the reality before him. It was the worst kind of leader to get stuck with; One who gets all his men killed only to somehow pull through at the end with the scraps of a few survivors and to do it all over again getting good Nepleslian men and women killed.

The crown of mercy flared at this thought as the volumetric crown manifested on her head and began a slow, lazy rotation around as she crossed her mismatched cybernetic arms over the faux durandium representation of a female chest and its tertiary armor. On her waist, Valentine's tail flicked irritably from where it was wrapped around her like a belt.

She would have tapped her foot in irritation if not for the fact her feet had literal built-in stiletto heels that would have made it awkward. Finally, the little red specter of a fairy lounged on her shoulder, looking lethargically between herself and her new, likely temporary superior, unsure what to make.

After a pregnant pause she continued to elaborate.

"Callsigns, really?" Minnie harumphed, spoke in the wheel she always found herself as. "First of all, literally everybody knows me; Knows my name. I have my face on goddamn posters all this side of DIoN-"

She paused, a stern look replacing the agitated one.

"My old face. But it's still the same one, just... Changed..."

"Second! If anything, I should be number one even if it wasn't a stupid naming convention if it's based on experience, utility, and overall skill."

"
THIRD." She enunciated with a near-cybernetic screech of a tone. "I'm not going anywhere near the cats if I'm working with the group again. Zealots they are; They'll try to merc us or get some illegal SAINT team that just so happened to be passing through our space less than legally to try'n hunt us down cause their big-bitch of an empress and her predecessors have a hard-on for the group and call's terrorists like we're the ones fuckin' genociding people and infringing on inter-galactic sovereignties of states!"

Almost too-quietly she leaned over to one shoulder and murmured to her fairy "These guys are going to get us killed, Cha-Cha... Again..."

It was good to be back~
 
Last edited:

Cowboy

🎖️ Game Master
Unidentified Nepleslian Ship
Black Fleet - LongWatch

Caffran hatted ships. He hatted flying and he hatted feeling so confined onboard a ship. So to keep his mind off the fact that he was aboard a ship he would explore whatever ship he was one. This had several benefits. It kept his mind from thinking about all that could go wrong on one of these things. It allowed him to really examine a ship for potential weaknesses that could be exploited from an attacker or a defender. But most of all it kept his stealth skills at peak performance and allowed him to try different tricks to get into areas he wasn't suppose to be in. Of course no matter how good you were, there was always that chance you'd get caught and Caffran had gotten caught.

Several black uniformed IPG operatives had been meeting aboard his ship and security had been high around them. Caffran took it as a challenge. He had slipped past their security and had actually gotten into one of their meeting rooms when he was caught. Much to Caffran's surprise, they were impressed with his stealth skills and was sent to IPG training. He passed with flying colors and six weeks later found himself wearing that black IPG uniform and on another ship but this time he was preparing for ground deployment.

Over his Black Armor Caffran wore his trademark Camo-cloak. He had been sharpening a backup knife when he noticed other black armored IPG operatives grouping together. He put the backup knife away and joined them, sizing them up. Operator Zero nodded to him then started talking. Talking a lot without actually saying anything. Caffran sighed. He wanted details, enemy strength, potential targets, satellite photos. Not: "we're going to go in a fuck the Kuvies." He was about to ask a for some more details when Operator Three, who looked way more robot then human interjected and went off on what seemed like a Childs tantrum. Caffran just shrugged when she wrapped up. "You can be Operator One if it means so much to you."

To the team leader he asked, "Do you have any actual details to share? Troop strength, drop points, things that would be actually helpful to an insurgent team?" Caffran wasn't trying to be a smart ass. He genuinely needed to know what he was going up against so he could keep himself, and his team alive.
 

SirSkully

🦊 FM of Neshaten
🎖️ Game Master
Unidentified Nepleslian Ship
Black Fleet - LongWatch

"You're both saying you shouldn't be here and that you should be number one, want a fucking golden star too?" came the bassy, electronically modulated voice of the big, blonde man labled operator five, a a blue light beneath his obviously artificial jaw glowing softly with each word uttered, the jaw locked in a shit-eating grin as he crouched down over a slightly modified SPAID. Gone was the full-length, gunmetal grey barrel in favour of a stubby golden one that showed signs of purple heat-damage from what must have been some truly wicked sustained fire, with a set of laser calipers Jezper was careful to check the thing's headspace and timing, despite some visual tarnish that custom barrel had been holding up well for a while now, even after having cooked off all the original paint that hid its golden sheen.

"Wear a mask if you're that worried, cover up what's left of that pretty little noggin, I doubt this is the kind of thing any of us can opt to back out of at this stage," the blonde cyborg shrugged with a cockly little tilt of his head, standing up with his LMG's barrel held down to the floor as Jezper cycled the charging handle and dropped the hammer on an empty chamber.

"I'm with the potentially-soon-to-be-renamed Operator One though, we allowed to know anything yet?"
 
Last edited:

Damaske

Active Member
Unidentified Nepleslian Ship
Black Fleet - LongWatch


There was a giant of a man walking among the halls of this unnamed craft, But its name was not told to those that are onboard, Mostly likely it was a need-to-know basis, and well, Will was not needing to know what ship he was on. Seeing the one that he was told to be his team leader was at he moves over toward the others. On his back was his massive rifle, a pack with his ammo, and grenade launcher within its carry case, and slung around his neck was his high-powered infantry rifle.

Stopping short and then as the leader starts to talk he leans back against the side of the hallway and nods some to the others. Seeing that they are using callsigns he smirks and then nods some. Since this is the first time that he was on one of these so-called dark missions He was wearing an assigned IPG uniform and it felt much better than his Navy uniform somehow.

Hearing the leader finish explaining the business of what they are here to do, he nods some and then was going to ask what the first plan was to be and was he needed to go loud boom-boom, or if he was to go silent and hit from afar sniping enemy that might find the others within this group. when a machine-like voice started up and he looks over at the cyborg well looked down at her and then smiles some as he shakes his head, then toward the other as he speaks what he was thinking a moment ago about tactical info on what they are going.

"So then op zero, what is the assignment that was assigned to this group, what's the target? Or is this just seek and destroy mission?" he pauses and then says "Also do we want to be unnoticed for as long as possible, Or kick in the door and just destroy it all?" Will would ask as he looks around at the others, he wanted to know how the IPG do their missions so he is not the one that trips up the flow of the group because he didn't know.
 

demibear

Staff Member
🎖️ Game Master
Character Forum Mod
Holding a fat lit cigar in his armored hands, he looks over the assortment of characters the IPG had assembled for this operation. Having his implanted "eye shields" down creating the impression he is wearing sunglasses, he took puff from the cigar and wondered why he had be called in yet again. He highly doubted the big cheese loved him that much, let alone even knew who he was. Shrugging eventually when Minnie spoke, he waited for the others to say something and stood he stands up from his squat.

"When has the IPG ever gave a fuck?" Gunther aka Operator 2 said. He then looked over at Minnie, pointing with all the fingers that don't require holding the cigar towards her. "You are why I don't normally work with women. Yap yap yap complain complain complain before we have even done anything. If you are here it is because you don pissed off someone or you pleased a spook a little too well."

He then puts the cigar in his mouth to smoke and looks at Zero.

"What are everyone's roles? I can see someone is already the gunner man."
 

RaWolfe

🎖️ Game Master
Retired Staff
Bruce looked at each and every one of them as they interacted with each other, He didn't react to certain comments or sarcasm here and there, he knows for a fact after all these years that Nepleslian likes to hang out their guns to show who got the biggest. All in all, it was a bunch of trash talkers that had the experience to pull this crap off in a a good manner. He heard the Hellion speak as last and fairly agree with him on that statement as he cross his hands in front of him.

"I don't give a rat ass if you call yourself Operator One or Bumblebee, these are the IDs that the IPG gave and if you have a problem with your callsign then take it up to them, let's see how many fucks rolls out of that request" He states and narrows a bit his eyes to Minnie "So if you wish to be the mascot of the team, congratulations you are now the official mascot of our team" Bruce continued "For the fuckers that didn't listen to my earlier explanation or was more bickering about call signs....we are going to jump soon to Nellrun, space jump right into Nell orbit and down to its surface. We are the test force, the experimental force, the A fucking team that test if upper chains plan works or not"

Taking a grin at the big guy "I have literally no clue, I wish I was joking but the information on Kuvexians is rather a gray area to work with as the fuckers change their operational status every day. We know for a fact that this planet is not highly in forces as the Kuvexians remnants fled the scene or those that actually had their balls removed fled, we are supposed to drop in stealthy near the trading post. Find out information, sabotage the area, liberate what is possible and when we did enough damage there we move to the spaceport our main objective... take it back and when done so signal the fleet to clean rest up. Check your helmet for your designated assignments. Any other stupid questions or did anyone record what I just told? If so, go to that person....we are jumping in..." Hearing the signal of jump alert "Right now, get in gear we are dropping soon" He pushed himself off the box and walked towards the armory of the hanger bay to get the sweet ass jumpsuits in black.

Three Nepleslian ships jumped away from LongWatch and into the Nellrun, within seconds after arrival the Kuvexian naval forces in orbit of Nell opened fire as the Nepleslian ships returned the same courtesy and the space battle was on. Bruce was rather calm as the ship violently shook around indicating significate damage was being done. He walks to the opening of the hangar bay and steps aside as a fighter that was non-active slides past him due to not being sealed "Come on gals, we got a planet drop to catch" Bruce saw a Nepleslian ship break into pieces next to theirs and clicked his sniper rifle on his back. Giving a few puffs and waits for the drop signal as his eyes are focused on the ship that breaks apart in orbit of Nell and then the green light lits and he automatically jumps into space as he could feel the heat of the friction entrance immeditaly.

Feel free to do how you wish to do it in regards to interacting with this scene, the landing on the planet will be done by space. My next GM post will be on the planet side. The drop site is the dessert near the Trade outpost, Enjoy the ride!
 

Damaske

Active Member
Leans against the wall as he takes in the words from the ones around him and as he was addressed once more he nods " Righto then !" he smiles as he moves to pull out a silencer from the backpack's side and screws it onto his rifle that was resting on his front. Hearing it was time to get in gear he moves along to the armory to get the final load out he needed, and then the jumpsuit as he was told they were jumping halo style from orbit.

Moving into the hanger bay and spotting the sliding fighter he grins quickly moving over toward it and grunts putting a shoulder down to stop its motion. Then moves along and opens the cockpit, "well then, don't mind if I do!" He grins and then blinks as a nearby craft breaks apart and then back to the task at hand. Inputting his pilot command codes the fighter springs to life as he grins "Ah hells yea" He climbs in making sure to adjust the seat so he does not need to take off his backpack, Then as the jump light turns green he makes sure the others are out before he slides the fighter from the hanger bay and heads downward. Firing the maneuvering thrusters instead of the main drives to make it look like it was from a craft that broke up and the fighter just fell.

Nearing the ground moments before impact he'll fire up the drives and fire a massive weapons fire into the ground making it look like the fighter had impacted the ground, after moving a short distance away he lands turning the fighter down to minimal power and gathers vegetation to place into the fighters nooks and crannies to camouflage it. Then starts to fly away again slowly moving toward his objective making sure that no one would spot him as he skims just half a meter over the ground or treetops. Slowing to land and stop dropping back to minimal power if he was to detect a Kuvexian craft possible out searching for landed troops.

For the moment the fighter was just his ride into the planet's atmosphere and his ride to a point nearby the desert trade post. Then he'll camouflage it fully and power it down before moving to the meeting point before they hit the trading post. That is unless he gets something from operator zero to change his plans, or he is discovered by the Kuvexian forces.

OOC: If discovered by the Kuvexian forces my character would not fly toward the meeting point but head away and attempt to ditch or destroy them, or jump out and attempt to get back on foot. Oh, yea as for the fighter I'll leave that up to the GM for its type and loadout.
 

Cowboy

🎖️ Game Master
Unidentified Nepleslian Ship
Black Fleet - LongWatch

Caffran sighed. He didn't like the lack of intel. Looked like that would be one of his first jobs once they got planet side. And speaking of going planet side.... He really hated that. Shuttles were bad enough, but for this kind of insurgence drop pods was the way to go. Silently cursing the IPG and their damn stealth missions Caffran hurried to the armory to grab his gear.

He already had his dark Armor on. overtop of that was his signature camo-cloak to help blend into his environment and distorted his silhouette. Attached to his chest plate and his left leg were two Knives and on the right side just behind his side-arm was his weapon of choice, his Straight Silver dagger. On his left hip was a non reflective back Pistol with Silencer attached. He also had a Sawn off shotgun over his right shoulder for when a little extra umph was needed. Finally he grabbed his Rifle and hurried to the drop pods.

Somewhere over Nell

"How do you jump into Hell? Feet First!" The words of the Drill Sargent echoed in Caffran's head as his drop pod shook as it descended towards the planet. Caffran had hated jump training but it seemed like a cake walk compared to the real thing. He had a real fear of flying and there was nothing worse in his mind than drop pods. To try to keep his mind occupied he was praying. Caffran wasn't what you would call a religious man, but the prayers help distract his mind from the consent pounding and the heat from reentry. "Spirit of the... Damn I hate this...You who wanders the...Ahhh! You who stalks in silent shadows! What comes next? Lend me your primal strength. Teach me to relentlessly track And to stand in defense of those I... Hate this! Show me the hidden paths and the moonlit fields. I..." An alarm began to sound. It was almost time to land.

The landing went without a problem, though Caffran thought it was a pretty rough one. As soon as he had popped the hatch on the pod and taken his first breath of real atmospheric air he settled down and got to work. Promptly he moved away from the drop pod. As soon as he was in cover he knelt down and took a few handfuls of the desert soil and rubbed it into his camo-cloak. This would help him blend in seamlessly to the environment. He checked his potion. Looked like he had gone a little off course. He was about 2 klicks from the rendezvous. Best get moving.

Silently but quickly Caffran covered the 2 klicks in a matter minutes. It gave him a chance to look the area over. Nothing seemed to be stirring out in the desert. He came up to the rendezvous site and scouted around the area. Seemed to be secure, for now. He decided to risk a quick comm signal. "Op 1 to Op Team. Drop site is still secure."
 

Charmaylarg Dufrain

🦾 FM of Nepleslia
🎖️ Game Master
Nell

Minnie was planetside much like the rest but with no such fanfare. Not needing armor due to her durandium body or other gear, rations, or miscellaneous equipment she was more than capable enough to simply head to her drop without needing the extra steps.

As tempting as it was to bring her trophy chainsword the cyborg opted to leave it behind in favor of her much quieter and more natural weapons.

If a pilebunker and blade-tipped prehensile tail and claws on her fingers where 'natural'...

For other weapons she waivered between her PMOPE and a weapon with more utility like a Nova Rifle with its IPG intended accessories but opted for the former when it became clear that the rest of the team were clear run of the mill goons and thugs with little afterthought towards complimenting and cross utility loadouts. And if someone had to bring some actual punch to the fight it might as well be someone competent like minnie.

She did spring for a nova Pistol, however with its IPG issue IR lense and suppressor vent for some close-ranged fallback support. Other than that the only actual gear the veteran cyborg sprung for was a fire retardant black poncho that obscured most of her bulk and with an added layer of IR resistant coatings made it help break up her thermal profile.

Already planetside, Minnie took a moment to go over her built-in HUD and mark the others locally to track passively to make sure none of the incompitents shot her in the back.

"I know, Cha-cha" She gave the imitation of a sigh at the Fairy fluttering around her before she settled on Minnies shoulder with a concerned look. Cha-cha could speak just fine, but seemed to prefer a more introverted manner of things and like now prefered to simply send her querries and intentions remotely to Minnies interface.

"Could have snapped him like a twig. But that's not what we are, we have to show restraint and a propper example." She harumphed as she exploded into motion and began the short trip to the rendevous. Other than the one with the raider she was the fastest one of the team; And even he couldn't move freely in the powered armor or take flight without being spotted which made Minnie Valentine quite possibly the fastest thing on the ground the whole planet over. "Besides, unlike what the lead goon said; We do have higher connections than him. A grand admiral, an Admiral, A rear admiral of this very black fleet, and ████, herself kind of give us a full deck of favors, not to mention all the others..." She continued on with the wordless communication, Wincing at the mental static when trying to vocalize a certain asset only a hundred people at least knew about, and only a handful (Herself not included) could actually speak the name of.

Her mental griping continuing on, Minnie became somewhat tempted to divert slightly when she noticed Jezper was not far away, Minnie opted to instead continue on to the rendevous before metrically blending into her surroundings until she had her micro/macro patterns perfectly matching everything around her while she patiently awaited the others. Diverting only the slightest bit of attention to her continued conversations with the Fairy she came to a certain conclusion.

"About what he said about us." She began, "You think he's just a misogynist or maybe heactually likes men? We could set him up with Fergus, have a real SOL show him how to be tender ."

If she still had blood, or pheromones, or literally any of the working parts Minnie might have blushed at that picture she just formed in her mind as the Fairy stifled a giggle and unlike her, blushed.
 

demibear

Staff Member
🎖️ Game Master
Character Forum Mod
Surface of Nell

The M10 Raider he chose to make mayhem with lightly made touch down on the surface. It wasn't as loaded up with the latest black ops magic this time around, but it suited him just fine. When Minnie lit up her IFF, he made a note of her location but made no indication to her that he had received it. Engaging his Mass Mesher System to "disappear" from the unseen masses, he made his way to the team's rendezvous point indicated on his HUD.

"Time for more blue skins to skin." a voice interrupted Gunther's concentration.

"Now, now, just focus on seeing and analyzing anything that I miss. You can feel me gut them later, you are functioning as the AI after all."

ACE AI were great and all, but he rarely stayed with one long enough for the human/AI relationship to matter. Hence why he chooses to supplement his experiences with a JANE. He never bothers to trim her experiences, hence she has turned into a rather homicidal partner.
 

RaWolfe

🎖️ Game Master
Retired Staff
Bruce jumped out of the ship and made his way towards Nell occupied grounds. Bruce kept in the side of his helmet a small display of his team life stats to see if they were in good shape. While he didn't show, he did care for them. Yet a good leader is not one that will hold your hand while you do your peepee, Bruce thought by himself as he dodges some space debris. The ship that brought them there did get destroyed but not without taking a few of the enemy ships with it. As true to its nature he dropped towards the planet feeling the heat building up at his boats.

After dropping right on top of a Kuvexian and dropping the remaining forces with some quick pistol shots he had arrived onto the planet's surface. Bruce exhaled and hears the talks on the comm rolling his eyes as he dropped his space protective gear so he could move easier. Walking to the rest at the landing zone and nodding to a few "Let's cut the shatter, everyone present?" Taking a sigh as Bruce shook his head "Where is 4..." Checking his map he looked around and saw the blip seeing he was in a fighter "Mmm light loadout, quick to move in, but he got company" Seeing additional forces on intercept course "Let's save his sorry ass and get back to our goal of liberation" Bruce said with a shrug shaking his head.

Short post, but @Damaske make some noise ;) we are on our way to give support
 

Damaske

Active Member
Smiles as he nears the meeting point... (beep beep) ...this was great there was no... (beep beep) ...one following him. He has not run into any Kuvexian... (beep beep ) ...forces. Will was very careful to power down the fighter to minimal power and reduce all outbound communications. ... (beep beep) .. Wait what is that noise, Will looks around and then blinks looking at the radar screen that shows two blimps heading right for him. "SHIT I forgot the fucking radar!!!!"

Seeing he was about to come overheard the meeting zone he suddenly banks left and peels away from the meeting point. However, he does not pour on any more thrust till they get closer and he jams the thrust and attempts to run for a moment before turning around and firing a brace of missiles at the fighters, Then drops back to the treetops, and this time flips off his active radar hoping to fade away and drops back to low power mode to evade their sensors. He watches the screen to see if there was anything showing up on the passive sensors.

Will was meant to be in low power mode, and nothing outgoing to give him away, aka stealth mode. However, I didn't say that he was so I had him forget to turn off his active radar.
 

Cowboy

🎖️ Game Master
Surface of Nell

Caff acknowledged each team member as they arrived with a brief nod. He was far more interested in their surroundings and taking in the land. Tuning his ears to what was and what wasn't natural to the night. When Op zero arrived and found they were a body short and he needed some help Caff sighed. This was a great start to the mission. What part of infiltration did these guys not get. The whole point was to get to the planet without anyone knowing it.

Caff moved off running about 50 yards parallel and to the right of Op zero. He moved quickly, but without sacrificing stealth. He noticed what looked like headlights in the distance moving in roughly the same direction as they were. He paused and used his cybernetics to magnify the image. "Op One to Ops. Be advised, we've got some vehicles moving in our direction for from the north. Might be patrols."
 
RPG-D RPGfix
Top