• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Implemented Create a Gallery of Claimable Artworks

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This idea is to create a gallery of artwork on the site where players and GMs especially new ones, can browse artworks of characters that are ready to be used in character bios. This would "give inspiration from the get-go," as Ethereal said.

I'm leaning towards a wiki page that explains and then links to the media gallery. Why? The media gallery has commenting and tagging for images so they can be titled, and moved as they're claimed, which can be done by simply saying something like "hey I want to use this one." I think this idea is one of the best uses we could make of the media gallery plugin.

The gallery could also be a category that's divided into gallery folders like "male humans" and "and "aliens" and so forth. This could be further refined by tagging (think tags on booru sites). As images are claimed they get moved to a claimed folder and I can replesh the stock with new art. I have a ton of great faces I've made with Artbreeder that I can use for this but the intent is not to use just Artbreeder but also art I've made myself, commissioned, or adopted.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Personally I like this idea. For me the two most important things when making a character is how they look and how they act. Many times these each influence one another so having a good idea for both helps a lot.

I really like this idea. Even for me who has artwork for all my characters its cool to see other artwork. For new characters, it could be exciting to get your own artwork just like the veterans do.

I started out a very small, basic version of what I had in mind, check it out so far: Available to Claim

The plan is to eventually have folders for each faction. For the Star Army of Yamatai ones I made one for each gender as well. So far it's just selected artbreeder faces I made, but I plan to put regular art here too.

Made a new folder for claimed faces from the gallery - You can post comments on the images if you need me to update names, add links to bios Claimed

Suggestion is now implemented, thanks again for your votes everyone!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back