• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Closed Create a Random Generator for NDC Characters

These suggestions have been dropped by the suggestor or rejected by staff.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Star Army has a cool set of Random Generators, but they have not been updated in a while - since the NDC was created, in fact. So there's no generator for NDC characters. This suggestion is to see if you'd like me to build a random generator for NDC characters.

As a refresher, the way these generators work is kind of like Mad Libs. You give it one or more phrases like {FirstName} {LastName} is a {Job} in the {Organization}. She has {haircolor} hair in a {hairstyle}. And for each of the variables like {FirstName} we need a list of possibilities that it can randomly pull from, for example if we want to put species in there, we should have as list of all possible NDC species. I can put some on there more than once if we want to make certain ones more likely to appear in the results.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
@Jack Pine and/or NDC FMs: Here's what I need to build the data file:
  1. I need "mad libs" style sentences that include the variables in them.
  2. For each variable I need a list of possibilities, one per line
  3. For best results avoid use of any commas in the possibilities
Example:

{firstname} {lastname} is a {personality} {occupation} with {haircolor} hair.

firstname

Joe
Spud
Barney

lastname

Dirt
Potatohead
Fife
The Dinosaur

And so on.

I'm closing this suggestion due to lack of participation/response by anyone from the NDC.

Completely sorry, this slipped my attention, I've been rather busy of late between health and weather. I can poke whisper and Alex to come up with some info for this. Again, very sorry, we've been very sidetracked lately.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back