Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• Got suggestions or a cool idea for Star Army? Share it in the new Suggestions Forum and vote on other ideas to let staff know what the community wants.
  • Join the final battle of the Kuvexian War in the Open RP Forum!
  • It's 1月 YE 43 for January and February. IC months advance every 2 OOC months.

Suggestion Create Active International RP Areas

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
FM of Yamatai
Game Master
This idea is something I suggested in the staff meeting tonight. We were talking about how sometimes people think of factions like "silos" that contain and segregate players into corner of the site where they don't really interact much. and I suggested we make a "Babylon 5" style international space station where there's always an Open RP going.

Pisces Station used to be like this when Yamatai hosted the International Relations Conferences there and it actually had an RP plot going there for a while! It had arms for each major faction plus an Independent one where all the shady ships tended to dock, and that could be reactivated.

We could have multiple locations but we should keep it limited because we want player characters from different to actually cross paths and get to know each other and/or have low-level friction.

raz

SAINT Director
Site Supporter
Game Master
It's a cool idea and there are plenty of locations. The important part is having someone who wants to keep up and maintain a character at one of those locations (like you do with the SAoY recruiting depot). Akemi has a ton of independent space stations that could be cool locations to use, since even Kuvexians can show up and be space traders at them.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
FM of Yamatai
Game Master
I just wanted to update everyone on this. This is the most popular suggestion on the suggestions forum and we plan to implement it.

I'm still figuring out details about where this would take place and who will be in charge of it, though (suggestions appreciated). In the meantime we're gonna keep hosting lots of open Open RPs that are friendly to international participants.