• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Implemented Create Active International RP Areas

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This idea is something I suggested in the staff meeting tonight. We were talking about how sometimes people think of factions like "silos" that contain and segregate players into corner of the site where they don't really interact much. and I suggested we make a "Babylon 5" style international space station where there's always an Open RP going.

Pisces Station used to be like this when Yamatai hosted the International Relations Conferences there and it actually had an RP plot going there for a while! It had arms for each major faction plus an Independent one where all the shady ships tended to dock, and that could be reactivated.

We could have multiple locations but we should keep it limited because we want player characters from different to actually cross paths and get to know each other and/or have low-level friction.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's a cool idea and there are plenty of locations. The important part is having someone who wants to keep up and maintain a character at one of those locations (like you do with the SAoY recruiting depot). Akemi has a ton of independent space stations that could be cool locations to use, since even Kuvexians can show up and be space traders at them.

I just wanted to update everyone on this. This is the most popular suggestion on the suggestions forum and we plan to implement it.

I'm still figuring out details about where this would take place and who will be in charge of it, though (suggestions appreciated). In the meantime we're gonna keep hosting lots of open Open RPs that are friendly to international participants.

I didn't see the idea but heard about it from Whisper. Like I told him, this is a perfect location to RP the civilian side of life. Get culture seen from various perspectives and see them work together or collide to friction. Ahh the idea alone gets me excited to RP about it.

This is Commander Sheppard, and I endorse this idea!

Alright, so this idea is pretty solid a favorite for everyone! I don't mind taking the ropes on this as a GM, but I do more the back scene stuff and let people just do the open RP as is the core idea of this idea. I will propose an interesting idea soon, to form it, just need to chitchat with @Wes :)

I am taking the initiative to let a good idea like this not go to wast :D I want to bold out, I am not going to take control of your story as it will be open RP! Just making the layout for folks to play on!

I've unmarked this as closed as it was not implemented as expected.

Currently we have the International Relations Conference on the International Station of Pisces, and I would like to figure out a way to keep the RP going there but there's always the question of "who's gonna GM?". One idea from another of the suggestions is to have the IRC annually instead of bi-annually.

I've renamed the International Roleplaying Conference to International Roleplaying and made it a top-level forum. Let's try to keep it active.

@Deleted User had a cool idea the other day for a cultural festival we could do in there.

We also now have Sood Zadra in addition to Pisces.

Not to double post but I just found an article I forgot about. Kyope also has SAINT girls that spy on the politicians as part of Operation Soothsayer, if anyone wants to do that type of RP. I have written that the team will listen in on diplomatic meetings in nearby rooms or rooftops. That group is open to anyone RPing on Kyope.

Are there even Azoreans still?

As a species? Seems like they're still around, at least according to the Azorean species page. Unless it hasn't been updated to reflect an extinction-level event.

Just spotted mentions of Azorea, I believe Wes recently made them a new suzerainty as well as as few other minor factions as part of a clean up of inactive factions.

I believe @Fay to have some interesting Azorean ideas that build them up in all the ways you could want, if you want to. I dunno about forums but they're on the discord same name? Hit him up. As a military personnel you may be waiting but ^^ He was happy with them changing status etc, but the RP ideas are there for them if people are this interested!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back