• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Closed Create An International Neutral Zone In the Himiko's Gift Area

These suggestions have been dropped by the suggestor or rejected by staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This idea is to estasblish an international zone roughly here...

1611859305823.png

...that would be jointly administered by Nepleslia, Yamatai, and Elysia and would be open to any faction's ships as well as independents.

Pisces is already located here and would be the international trade/social hub.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
In that area what about Kxi'ran? It was transferred to Nep along with Veritas but hasn't seen any love, lore, or otherwise anything happen to it since its hosts departed/disappeared from the sector and it could use some updates.

I can propose that Nep hosts this international zone in this already established location with a diplomatic agreement that cant be reneged (by future nep FMs) on and Yamatai can fund the construction of a station there but otherwise leave the station/systems security and administration up to an independent mercenary-style corporation someone can make for simple RP use who maintain the security of the system as neutral peacekeepers and are funded by all participating factions (So they have ships, security on the station, etc.) so that way no faction can have an IC/OOC upper hand since everyone is forced neutral in this location by this background-independent element?

Would kinda prefer some place less surrounded by other territory, and more accessible to all factions. Someplace not owned by any other faction, but easily accessible without having to clear through someone else's territory to get there.

I do like the Merc security idea and do have a indie Merc corp that could fit the bill.

Would kinda prefer some place less surrounded by other territory, and more accessible to all factions. Someplace not owned by any other faction, but easily accessible without having to clear through someone else's territory to get there.

I do like the Merc security idea and do have a indie Merc corp that could fit the bill.
I had proposed to use Xylar Star System as it accessible for everyone from NDC and Neshaten to Yamatai and Neps. Heck, even Freespacers if they lurk around.

Last edited:
I think I like Xylar more - it can be jointly held by major factions, including patrols, station guards, etc, and is a little further outside of deep Nep/Yam territory. The idea of an independent force created to manage the station's common areas and general system traffic makes sense.

I'm not concerned about any OOC strong arming or anything, I just think that setting it in territory that is explicitly not belonging to any one faction is the right call for an effort of this type.

I do agree with Whisper and RaWolfe on Xylar as it is not directly owned by any particular faction. The all water planet also seems like a cool location to put like an international resort. Vacation place where all citizens can mingle, and government/business personnel can even have yachts out on the waters around it.

I actually concur with the idea of Xylar - Plus, we can all get together and make some cool aquatic stuff (I mean if anyone wants to....)

Sorry all, adding something. I think the most important thing is when we decide where and what is that we pour some love into it. We don't need a Nimbus III :p

I like the idea of Xylar i also acknowledge the fact that people are proposing neutral area. If Xylar is not an agreeable locator for all I propose making a new system all together in an undeveloped area with a 1 grid radius allowing for neutral zone development. An example is the picture attached.a neutral zone in the center of the major faction that allows travel without crossing faction lines in any direction. This location also allows for the ndc to expand as well. It is just an idea. But i think working together to build a system from scratch allowing all factions to create a planet and the main location being the international space station would give ever faction the opportunity to to be part of the creation. This would create a true neutral zone where all are welcome and can foster inter faction rps.

Attachments

• 986d0e10-7e4f-4702-bedf-93059901d1bc.png
    986d0e10-7e4f-4702-bedf-93059901d1bc.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 6
@Wes Maybe we could lay out a couple of the options presented in a poll?

Kxi'ran was just a suggestion as it could use an update with something new. Im all for Xylar or a more neutral location too if it works for everyone and ill find a use for Kxi'ran for something else in the future~

jointly administered by Nepleslia, Yamatai, and Elysia
If anything new is made, it should be this. Star Army already has a ton of non-faction neutral places in the Kikyo Sector that are ripe for RP. We could use those instead of making yet another place that’ll likely be forgotten; since the ones that exist now aren’t used much I don’t see why something new would be.

Somewhere jointly-administered like in Wes’s idea is actually a new and cool idea that brings something unique to the site and setting.

If anything new is made, it should be this. Star Army already has a ton of non-faction neutral places in the Kikyo Sector that are ripe for RP. We could use those instead of making yet another place that’ll likely be forgotten; since the ones that exist now aren’t used much I don’t see why something new would be.

Somewhere jointly-administered like in Wes’s idea is actually a new and cool idea that brings something unique to the site and setting.
I get that completely I was only suggesting that idea and area because there were people who did not like the location. It seems many more prefer Xylar.

No worries. It's not about your suggestion specifically. Several others proposed neutral space before your post. I'm just here to remind everyone that the "totally neutral space" alternatives being discussed already exist and have been made by a wide array of SARPers over the years, from Wes himself to departed and remaining members. They're on the map and on the wiki. I can make a list if anyone's interested, but I doubt that's the case.

Slapping a new neutral party area down wouldn't do as much for the setting as Wes's idea, I don't think. Turning an unused swath of space from multiple factions into a jointly-administered "international zone" would be cool and probably gain more traction than any of the previous attempts.

As a Historical Note, the reason why Pisces is where it is is because Albini is literally the next system over from Nepleslia, Yamatai, and Elysia Novus.

Ideally the location is somewhere that people have a reason to go and it's easy to get to.

I think it's not a problem if other factions have to cross Yamataian space to get to it. It's space, and there's no playable faction that doesn't have reasonable access to cross Yamataian space.

The thing about FTL travel in SARP is that even the slowest of ships can cross the entire kikyo sector in an expedient amount of time. So no matter where it is it wont take weeks or months to get there and is pretty much a day or weekend business trip so it can be in the core of the kikyo sector near the superpowers or in unclaimed space and it shouldn't really matter who its close to.

If its maintained and operated by an independent entity it wont matter if its in yamatai or nepleslian space in the end because the only relevance that has is the color backdrop on the sector map that outlines that system. Because yamatai or nepleslia isnt running that station.

Sure yamatai could embargo or blockade ships from that system, or intercept diplomats crossing through their space to get there. Or nepleslia could, or elysia, etc. But the whole point of such a station is the diplomatic repercussions that would bring and the RP you can have around that where X faction is vilified in the eyes of every government in the sector for making a power play against a diplomatic mission to a neutral location.

Because that's how politics work and that's what this kind of international neutral location is for~

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back