• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Closed Create Genetics Agencies

These suggestions have been dropped by the suggestor or rejected by staff.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
I was updating articles this morning and found that:
  • The senate passed #62, was a revote of #58
  • In Proposal 8 there's a requirement to
Create a new genetics agency dedicated to the Nekovalkyrja and disallow any other entity to be involved with modification of Nekovalkyrja genetics.

There's also a requirement for a civilian equivalent for Yamataians.

This suggestion is that at some point we should make an article for the Star Army Genetics Administration or something like that.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm guessing this would be an oversight-type situation? Since Ketsurui Zaibatsu handles the R&D for the Nekovalkyrja and Minkan.

I agree with Soban, probably a merged Yamatai Genetics Administration might be useful, just it would have a military and civilian component internally.

I feel like the R&D would be spun off into this new administration. I feel like it would be Civilian in the same sense that Raytheon is though. It works very closely with the military and has tight security. The point of creating the administration is to further separate Nekos from being controlled by the military I feel like.

I feel like the R&D would be spun off into this new administration. I feel like it would be Civilian in the same sense that Raytheon is though. It works very closely with the military and has tight security. The point of creating the administration is to further separate Nekos from being controlled by the military I feel like.
Ketsurui Zaibatsu is both military and civilian. I somehow don't see them giving up control of their biggest business which is the creation of Nekos and Minkans. I also don't really see the hemosynthetic process behind them being too far out of military and Ketsurui oversight. I can see there is a government agency that oversees their adherence to genetic laws in the Empire, a checks and balances situation....I think handing over R&D is a mistake though.

The problem legally speaking is that it also says "disallow any other entity to be involved with modification of Nekovalkyrja genetics." Which by implication would include R&D. I think they would still be able to produce, as production doesn't involve modification. I think that it would probably also include hemosynth as well(as it's derived from Neko genetics). I think the military would be involved with the agency in much the same way the military IRL is closely involved with companies developing new weapons or equipment for them.

It might be a mistake, and I can certainly see them dragging their heels about it. However, ultimately they do have to comply with the law.

The problem legally speaking is that it also says "disallow any other entity to be involved with modification of Nekovalkyrja genetics." Which by implication would include R&D. I think they would still be able to produce, as production doesn't involve modification. I think that it would probably also include hemosynth as well(as it's derived from Neko genetics). I think the military would be involved with the agency in much the same way the military IRL is closely involved with companies developing new weapons or equipment for them.

It might be a mistake, and I can certainly see them dragging their heels about it. However, ultimately they do have to comply with the law.
What a nice segway that leaves for laws changing ;)

Closed due to lack of votes.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back