• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Closed Create Pregens And/Or Character Archetypes

These suggestions have been dropped by the suggestor or rejected by staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
We could implement character archetypes: Basic starter character types that new guys can easily tweak into PCs. These pregens should point strongly toward our game's premise and tone, will fit existing RPs well, and can serve as a guide for others making characters. In a transhuman setting like StarArmy, maybe the pre-gens are just minds/personalities & let the players choose bodies to mix and match. Some archtype ideas could be:
  • The Hard-Boiled Nepleslian from Funky City
  • The 99-Day Neko from a vat on Nataria
  • The Fresh NDC Operator
  • The Rogue Smuggler
  • The Patriotic Minkan
Etc.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It is a common enough thing in RPGs to help new players understand the kinds of people are in the universe. Should help reduce the need to deep dive into the wiki unless someone is just curious. Could add some more like the "Yamataian Artist" (leisure class), SSS Explorer, Nepleslian Police Officer, Elysian Citizen, etc.

I'll dig through my old RPG books and see if any archetypes might help as basis.

• Love
Reactions: Wes
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back