• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Creating Tutorials for Blender 3d

Good day all.

A few of our members have begun to use this fine program, and while there are quite a few tutorials out there I find myself asked questions that these tutorials do not answer. Thus, I'd like to know from our members what they'd like to see in a tutorial, the kind of questions to be answered or even what they want to be shown - methods, ways around problems, that kind of stuff.

At present, I plan on doing a basic tutorial just to explain the interface and key bindings along with recommended options. I won't do a tutorial on the cycles engine, because I've found that one of Blenders more famous users (Andrew Price) has done a traffic job explaining it so I will be linking to that in my own. Other than that, I will be doing a tutorial explaining how to come up with various shapes that can be used in modeling while also explaining how to properly reduce the poly count to an adequete point.

However, these are only what I have on my mind, what I'd like to hear is from the community here on what 'they' want to see in the tutorials. What do you all feel I should make one about?

Start with the basics:
  • What it is
  • What it's good for making (starships? characters? aliens?)
  • What it's not so great for making
  • Best place to get it
  • What resources one should expect to use to run it (graphics cards, render time, etc)
  • Other cost notes like texturing

What I want to see in tutorials on Blender:

1. Everything
Thank you for your time Kyle.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back