Site Supporter
Aug 28, 2017
Australia
RP Date
YE 40 (August)
RP Location
Delsauria (Nepleslian Territory)
Delsauria - Maharombi Spaceport

It was a relatively peaceful evening, ships trickled in and out moving cargo and passengers alike without a care in the world. In one of the many bars populating the port a small trio sat around a large table barely speaking a word to each other. All three of the Delsuarians were wearing Cold Climate Suits designed to emulate the heat of the planet while indoors. The captain of the trio was Emmathyst Caver, a Delsuarian miner and geologist who had previously been captain of a small-time band of similarly minded people, they were all gone now however with only these three remaining.

"Face it Emma, no one is coming, just like the last three nights we were here. All we are doing is burning through what little funds we have waiting for a false promise." Spoke one of the others sitting beside her, the largest of the three, a gruff older Delsaurian male by the name of Samaphire who had been running as muscle for the old group.

"I think I'm starting to agree with Sam, Emma I'm sorry I know how much it meant to you but we're better off following that lead now and getting some funds before we try this again." The second Delsaurian, sitting on her other side, a younger female who just went by Ruby piped up. "It's just not gonna happen, no one knew us then and they don’t know us now so why would they join?"

Emma slowly shut her eyes and sighed, "You two were with me from the start, I never gave up on you and you never gave up on me. We have always had each-others backs so please, don't start being an asshole now." She grinned at her companions who smiled back, they were all used to this kind of behavior from each other and it kept the spirits up. While she may have joked around Emma was also beginning to think no one would show up for the job offers, despite the recent boost in Delsauria's trade they obviously didn't have enough prior reputation or luck to snag any newbies.

Outside the building one of their many posters fluttered by, "Wanted! Members willing to sign on for a term with Crew 32. Must be willing to work in less than favorable conditions and take a loss on the chin if required. Payments include an even portion of any income from successful jobs and further details will be discussed after being hired."

"Alright fine, we'll stay for another hour and if no one shows. We'll let the owners know as usual and head upstairs, tomorrow we'll go out for that lead and get ourselves a little more spending money. Sound good?" Emma asked her two companions.
"No complaints here." Sam replied
"Ditto" Came the reply from Ruby, who stuck her arm out in a thumbs up.

SirSkully

Aug 29, 2017
One of those posters blew onto the Nerimium faceplate of one 'spacer with a very sturdy outer shell, he or it or whatever the being was classified as didn't brush the advertisement away however - he simply stood there in nothing but a trench coat that blew with the strong breeze that licked at his figure. These folks seemed down on their luck and he was between jobs with a decent bit of padding on his bank account - Willing to take one on the chin? he would have laughed at that but nobody would have gotten the joke so Raspooten simply gave the poster one more once over and walked into the indicated establishment.

Servos and various other mechanised systems could faintly be heard mixing with the room's background din as the hulking spacer walked in, the poster still sticking to his face as he used other sensors to find those who he was told to contact, pushing past the other patrons to sit down across from them without any further warning - the poster finally falling from his cranium to reveal a rather featureless face besides one red eye and the barcode 'R45P-00-10'.

It was a short moment of disorientation before the 'spacer turned his armour-plated head to the trio and spoke... kind of, rather than words all that left his 'face' was a garbled mix of sounds and static before he went silent and looked at them expectantly.

Last edited:

club24

Everything Is Magical
Site Supporter
Aug 28, 2017
Australia
The trio simply watched as the metal, man? Sat down and spewed garbled nonsense at them, Ruby noticed the poster and picked it up from the table with one glance confirming why he was here. "Looks like you found someone after all Emma, or rather he found us." The youngest of the three Delsaurians said with an excited grin, eyes lighting up as the flame of hope burned brighter. The prospect of new people was a good one for the small team, if they ever wanted to move onto better paying work they'd need more people.

Emma simply nodded and looked the spacer over with a cautious eye, he didn't seem to have any immediately threatening weapons on him which was a good sign although with a body like that who knows what he might be hiding. Since none of them could understand what he'd tried to say earlier, the woman gave him a soft smile, "I'm sorry, we don't know what you're trying to say although from the poster you uh, brought in I gather you're here about the job offer?"

SirSkully

Aug 29, 2017
Mechanised laughter echoed from the 'spacer's digital voicebox before there was a small bit more static and the being cleared it's throat, "I'm just messing around with you fine folks," he began to rumble out in a deep and quite obviously synthesized voice. "The poster found me so I followed it home to find you three with some open positions - call me Raspooten," the armoured figure continued, one finger scraping down the side of his nerimium face slowly as he gestured to the industrial print.

Raspooten finally shrugged off his bag and lowered it to the floor with a few metallic dings coming from under the worn out leather backpack, he was smart enough to keep some of the moe dangerous items in his inventory hidden from plain sight - except for maybe the handle of a sawnoff shotgun that almost began poking out.

"I fix stuff, I break stuff and that's just before I get out of bed in the morning," he continued, a few distant beeps behind his voice and a tone that made it hard to tell if he was joking or not. "I can also fly just about everything and I'm built like a tank so I'm wondering if the offer on that poster still stands - sitting is fine too really, I'm not too fussy."

Whitehart

Mar 25, 2015
The sun was as brutal and hot out as it had ever been, making it easy to spot the planet's natives from the visitors. Moving among the thin coming and goings of people walked a decidedly native Nepleslian, a lean muscular individual with a dull metallic right arm. He chewed on a root that was found in the cooler underground of the planet and was quite an aquired taste.

Daniel stopped outside one of the many bars in this area and looked at the sign to confirm he was in the right place. He had heard that a local group was recruiting and it was the perfect opportunity to make some cash to send to his family. He had even heard of this crew when he was younger and was looking forward to joining up, their reputation surely helped.

He pushed at the door, it being heavy and reluctant to open so as not to allow the precious cool air inside out. The few looks at the door showed a man at ease with the outside heat, as his attire sppeared. Most notable was the lack of shirt beneath a natural looking leather and scaled vest, a necklace adorned with claws and teeth and a bush hat that displayed a similar theme. Also visually accessible was a rather large hunting knife strapped to his left thigh, commonly referred to as the 'Delsaurian Hunting Knife'. His bearded weathered face took in the room as he his search came up with what he sought. With confidence he walked over to the three Delsaurians and apparent robot, he removed his hat and nodded to the small group.

"G'day. I'm looking for the Crew blokes. The name's Daniel Apaway, you them," he asked in his thick local accent?

club24

Everything Is Magical
Site Supporter
Aug 28, 2017
Australia
When the next face entered and approached the trio about the job offer it was now Sam's turn to react, looking the outfit up and down several times the older Delsaurian grinned, now here was a guy who knew how to survive it seemed. Either that or it was all for show, but something about him suggested he wasn't the actor type despite the almost comical getup. Rising to greet the newest face, Samaphire stuck out a hand to welcome him. "We are indeed the crew blokes as you put it, well what's left of them anyway." The gruff dino said gesturing to Ruby and Emma, "She's the boss though, so if you're here for a job too then you'll want to ask her."

Meanwhile Ruby was busy inspecting the metallic body of Raspooten, being the youngest of the trio she had the least amount of experience with offworlders despite their more regular presence now. "Huh cool robot, where's your master ay buddy?" She asked smirking, giving his nerimium shell a tap to test it, quite satisfied with the response it gave. "Oh and hey there other newguy, I'm Ruby as Sam there just mentioned, I usually act as the healer and sometimes a scout."

When the other two had finally settled down some, Emma spoke up, the remnants of authority still lingering in her tone as she spoke to the new two. "Well I'm glad you two showed up, we were starting to get desperate to find help we almost considered contracting someone but that would have cost us our lives in DA most likely. Since you both seem to be here for the job offer how about a double interview, my friends and I will ask you a couple questions and after that we should be good to set you up with a room for the night."

SirSkully

Aug 29, 2017
Raspooten's lone eye burned with a brighter intensity as the comment came through, soft whirring could be heard beneath his hooded duster as the 'spacer re-adjusted his sitting position and began looking almost offended in that moment. "Ma'am I'll let you know any type 4 freespacer with any sense of self-worth has every right to be offended by your statement, implying I'm no more than some subservient hunk of Yamataian scrap metal that falls to their master's knee's - you should be ashamed," he spoke rather emotionally before giving a happy little beep and leaning back to his more relaxed position.

The tanky 'spacer brought one armoured fist down onto the table with a thud, causing to creak slightly under the sudden weight as his sturdy head pivoted between the lizards and the... human-looking one. "Good thing that's not me though, I'm not that much of an asshole, what do you guys want to know? Hullcracker seven four seven fours is my designation if we're being formal but whatever," Raspooten spoke, not the slightest bit of insult in his voice.

Aug 14, 2018
In the blazing midday sun, the Maharombi cliff cast a deep shadow over the city that bore its name, cowling its dusty streets and rounded adobe architecture.

Page didn't really walk into to town; rather, he was perpetually falling as his aching legs were lethargically keeping him up. The malformed Delsaurian had spent the day walking along the Maharombi Duneway, picking up any remains he could from the plethora of airbike wrecks that could be found buried beneath the dunes on its perimeter. Page made his way toward the western outskirts of the city, where scrap could be sold on the metalmarkets.

It was there he asked Diamond, as he did every day, where work could be found.

Now, he found himself outside the bar, holding the shoddy flyer in his gnarled hand. A bar for offworlders, he thought, annoyed. Page would have to remain outside, considering the environment within was inhospitable to him. Shouldn't have sold that damn Cold Environment Suit I found.

His weathered robes swirled around him with a passing westerly wind, forcing Page to hold his cowl on with his left hand. No one wants to see me, this is a more affluent area of town. Not for the crippled and mutated. He took a seat on a nearby adobe fence, lining the perimeter to a warehouse just across the street from the bar. It was there he watched, and waited.

They'll have to come out sooner or later, then, I'll woo them into giving me the job. It was desperate, he knew; but it was the only chance he had to make money - or, perhaps, get offworld.